ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain why UK is a tournament team?

Q2 wins in non-con, and they’ll still win more than a few before it’s over.

As long as they don’t lose 3 more and go out in the first round of the SEC tourney, they make it.

Barring a total collapse, I’d guess 8/9 game.

Because there aren't yet enough teams ahead of us to bump us out of the Tournament.
As of now UK is projected as an 8 seed. Solidly in. BUT.....games at Flrida and Arky still loom. Home dates vs Bama and Mizzou won'tbe easy. IMO UK has to hold serve at home. If they do that, then 3-2 probably keeps them in. But 2-3? Not so sure. A lot will depend on what other teams do. Plus, you cannot have any teams steal bids. Like a Vanderbilt winning the SECT. Or an Indiana winnning the BTT. Those scenarios could push a 20-11, 9-9 UK out. And probably would if they finish 2-3, giving them a 20-12 8-10 conference record. IMO, IF Uk finished under .500 in conference, they'll have some work to do in the SECT.

They lost to fizzou. That alone should disqualify them from any post season tourney.
I know that's tongue in cheek, but KU lost to Washington and Okie St at home. Both are much worse than a road loss to Methzoo.

UNC lost to Wofford AT HOME. lulz

Bunch of bad losses on the year. College basketball is bipolar.

Lunardi told Tom Leach earlier this week UK needs to win three more regular season games to feel comfortable heading into the postseason.

I know that's tongue in cheek, but KU lost to Washington and Okie St at home. Both are much worse than a road loss to Methzoo.

But neither of those teams are on the bubble, though he was just ragging on Mizzou more than anything. I still think UK gets in. Alabama could be tricky at home but I think they will win out at home and it isn't out of the question for them to steal one on the road. They were right there with a good Auburn team last night until they just made a run late.

if Kentucky goes 2-3 their remaining 5 games they will finish SEC play at 8-10. Normally that would not be good enough for the big dance. The SEC is solid this year so that should be okay to get in. They need to avoid stumbling at home and at least one win in the SEC tourney to be on the good side of the bubble IMO.

They're going to have a tough time making it .
Playing Alabama will be tough .
At Arkansas is a toss up
Missouri is playing much better now
Ole miss should be a win
At Florida could be a loss .

Potential 1-4 finish will push them to NIT
3-2 could get them in with an sec tourney win

I am already conceding losses @Arkansas and @Florida. Mizzou at home is a toss-up, and if they can't beat Bama and Ole Miss at home they don't even deserve an NIT bid, much less NCAA.

Feel like it's the other way with Bama and Mizzou.

Bama isn't a great matchup. And Mizzou should be a win IF they don't have MPJ. Which it's probably still a win if they do.

That being said, Kentucky by 5 this Saturday vs Bama.

It was totally tongue in cheek. KU has had some inexcusable losses, as has most of college basketball this years. It’s all good, I’m just busting balls.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Feel like it's the other way with Bama and Mizzou.

Bama isn't a great matchup. And Mizzou should be a win IF they don't have MPJ. Which it's probably still a win if they do.

That being said, Kentucky by 5 this Saturday vs Bama.

Mizzou already beat them pretty easily once this year without MPJ. Obviously its a different environment @UK but still.

A while back Georgia got in with 16 wins because of a high SOS that pushed their rpi up. This year UK is RPI of like 20 and a SOS of 3

Try having a winning record in the SEC before you bring up Wofford. Hell, I’m not convinced that Wofford doesn’t belong in the tournament over UK.
I would understand why you would feel that way since the only games you’ve seen them play they were taking yal to the wood shed.

I think they will hold serve at home---They will def sweat it a little if they are one and done in the SEC tourney. Conference tourneys don't seem to help teams much when they do well---but seems to factor in if they lose early. When its NCAA tourney time everything is thrown out the window. Talent and a chip on the shoulder can go a long way when riding momentum in the 64. One win is all it takes to get going.

I would understand why you would feel that way since the only games you’ve seen them play they were taking yal to the wood shed.
You have no idea how many times I’ve watched them play.
UNC would have to form a line behind UK at the wood shed, Lord knows you’ve spent plenty of time behind it.

You have no idea how many times I’ve watched them play.
UNC would have to form a line behind UK at the wood shed, Lord knows you’ve spent plenty of time behind it.
I have no dog in this fight but have you honestly watched Wofford play more than once this year? be honest.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
if Kentucky goes 2-3 their remaining 5 games they will finish SEC play at 8-10. Normally that would not be good enough for the big dance. The SEC is solid this year so that should be okay to get in. They need to avoid stumbling at home and at least one win in the SEC tourney to be on the good side of the bubble IMO.
8-10 would be scary, IMO. Especially if you start having non-NCAAT teams win conference tourney;s. And this year, that is likely going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT