ADVERTISEMENT

Can Somebody Explain the Kansas Love Fest?

When I said soft I kind of meant your front court looks ‘meh’ every time I see you guys play and MSU would do work.

Your guards are obviously good. And if MSU doesn’t land a 1 seed, there’s going to be an unhappy 1 with MSU as the 2.
KU's front court is good when Dok is in there. It's less than "meh" when he's out. It would depend on whether he can stay out of foul trouble.

If Kansas was a 1 seed and lost to a 2 seed Michigan State in the Elite 8 I think most of us believe that our team overachieved making it that far. I’m just hoping Kansas makes it to the 2nd weekend.

In the preseason thread, I thought a S16 would be awesome for this group.
I still think that to be true, only now ppl are projecting them as a 1 seed. !!????!!

I love the Jayhawks, but I just do.not see it.
Not this season.

But, this season will help feed the wolves..
Self Underachieves Again

Those idiots.
The fact that Self has ppl talking about Kansas in the possible 1 line is absurd.

I think alot of people like KU the same way they like alot of other teams. They're fun to watch. When you get a lot of great talent. It's entertaining.

There will be little to no separation between a 2 seed and a 5 seed. Hell not sure there will be much separation between a lot of 2 seeds and 7 or 8 seed. Will be an entertaining 1st weekend.

There is zero Jayhawk presence on Soundoff which is insane because we have an NIU, Vandy and even a Rice presence on the board.

You guys need to come down. We actually typically talk about football during the season and it isn't a political free for all like on tMB.

It's just brutal sticking with KU on the football side too (but we do it anyway) but you take the good with the bad. In KU's case with football, their not bad, they're ATROCIOUS on every level imaginable. As long as Bill Synder is at KSU, the JUCO transfer pipeline and the good local high school recruits will be tough to come by for KU.

Reactions: KisteK
I still think that to be true, only now ppl are projecting them as a 1 seed. !!????!!

Not this season.

Self Underachieves Again

Those idiots.
The fact that Self has ppl talking about Kansas in the possible 1 line is absurd.

Agree with everything said. I can't find it in myself to buy KU as a #1 seed in any of the 4 regions. The top 5 have been a revolving door where the #1 spot hasn't been a stable place either. To me the four #1 seeds are Virginia, Michigan State, Villanova w/the forth #1 spot going to either Xavier or Duke. At this moment in my opinion, KU is sitting firmly on the #2 or #3 seed line with probably the #3 seed being the worst KU can fall to.

A little over a week from now KU could strongly alter the argument whether they're really a #1 seed or not. The upcoming game this Saturday in Lubbock at TTU is monster game for Kansas.

Reactions: KisteK
I think alot of people like KU the same way they like alot of other teams. They're fun to watch. When you get a lot of great talent. It's entertaining.

That's a good way of putting it. KU's bipolar tendencies make it overly difficult to trust them on the top seed line.

Not this season.

Self Underachieves Again

Those idiots.

I'd agree under usual circumstances, but 13-4 vs the field is 1 seed material. Michigan St has a losing record vs the field.

I'm not sure if any team looks like a classic 1.

It's just brutal sticking with KU on the football side too (but we do it anyway) but you take the good with the bad. In KU's case with football, their not bad, they're ATROCIOUS on every level imaginable. As long as Bill Synder is at KSU, the JUCO transfer pipeline and the good local high school recruits will be tough to come by for KU.
If you look at KU's recruiting, I don't think it's been that bad considering on the field results. Our recruiting suggests we should at least be competitive.

What has hurt KU, has been poor decisions at HC, roster turnover, and....attitude. The talent on the roster is better than what the results have shown, especially this last year. I blame that on coaching. But I think it's also something else. Confidence. These players have got to see something good happen. When you keep losing, players start to make mistakes and play apprehensive, if they don't completely give up. Just watch KU play, and every time they do something good and have a chance to take a lead or possibly even win a game, they'll fumble, muff a punt, throw an interception, miss a FG, commit a stupid penalty, or give up a kickoff return. They have got to lead the nation in momentum killing mistakes, and it's not close. These are the symptoms of a team that has no confidence....a team that's beaten down from all of the beat downs.

They need to see something good happen and win a couple of games. I'd have been happy if we could have bought out 2 of our noncons and scheduled the easiest teams we could find...because I think winning a couple and gaining some momentum would drastically change how they play.

It was tongue and cheek. However, until they win more than 1 game a year, there is some truth in that statement. We have the worst Div 1 football program in the history of Div 1 football programs. It’s beyond embarrassing.

The first towards the demise of the KU football program was the firing of Mangino by an arrogant AD. Then came the folly of hiring someone of limited experience, and Charlie Weiss. But the next problem was the end to divison play and going to playing everyone in conference. That's nine games-7 of which are against teams from the OK/TX area. It is almost impossible to get 5 divison wins. KU had some good but not great teams in the 50's and early 60's. Then it was the late 60's where KU was pretty good. When the Big 12 was 12 teams and had divisions teams were oksy. I don't see us ever really getting to the point of competing against the Oklahoma and Texas schools to the point where we win 4-5 of nine games.

I was going to get on here and troll...but this thread is quite refreshing. kU Fans are being intellectually honest about the seeding. I haven’t seen that before and it’s truly admirable.

Only thing I can’t pass on is the guy who hopes MPJ returns and the NCAA makes a match up happen. Mizzou has been willing to play kU ever since we left for the SEC, but Self continues to pout, and refuses to play us. You fans should remind him we suck, and the beaker fans could really have fun. Personally I don’t care either way, but the rivalry was one of the best in the Country.

ADVERTISEMENT