ADVERTISEMENT

Can Louisville give Duke a game tomorrow?

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
I think everyone who follows CBB can attest to the job Mack has done in his first year at Louisville. I would never have imagined them top 20 and in the discussion for a 3 or 4 seed. Just amazing.

Duke coming in off a huge win. I think they pose a pretty tough matchup for Louisville with size and athleticism. If Louisville is hitting though, what are the chances we see the upset tomorrow?

Yes, they will. I was more worried about this game than the Virginia game. I think UL has lost 2 or 3 in a row and a win against Duke would look great on their resume. We can’t overlook Louisville.

On the other hand, our freshmen thirive on the road/neutral sites. Even still, I except a fight.

Yes, they will. I was more worried about this game than the Virginia game. I think UL has lost 2 or 3 in a row and a win against Duke would look great on their resume. We can’t overlook Louisville.

On the other hand, our freshmen thirive on the road/neutral sites. Even still, I except a fight.
Have absolutely noticed the difference in mentality looking at home games versus road games. Duke seems to be locked in more for whatever reason away from home.

Reactions: Quavarius
I would be more worried about the game if it were in Cameron for some reason. But either way, Louisville will be ready and they are a team fighting from the ropes right now. Hopefully Duke is ready.

Just did some quick looking back. Duke has played 6 home games and 5 road games since conference play. Their only loss has been at home.

At home 3pt %

1. 30%
2. 20%
3. 14%
4. 9%
5. 27%
6. 29%

Road 3pt %

1. 30%
2. 46%
3. 30%
4. 53%
5. 62%

Their highest percentage at home matches their lowest percentage on the road. Pretty bizarre for a Duke team.

Just did some quick looking back. Duke has played 6 home games and 5 road games since conference play. Their only loss has been at home.

At home 3pt %

1. 30%
2. 20%
3. 14%
4. 9%
5. 27%
6. 29%

Road 3pt %

1. 30%
2. 46%
3. 30%
4. 53%
5. 62%

Their highest percentage at home matches their lowest percentage on the road. Pretty bizarre for a Duke team.
Mamba mentality

At home 3pt %

1. 30%
2. 20%
3. 14%
4. 9%
5. 27%
6. 29%

Road 3pt %

1. 30%
2. 46%
3. 30%
4. 53%
5. 62%

Great analysis

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I take it the game was tied before the buzzer-beater? Why not just go inside and take a high percentage shot? Because he's going to take a silly, contested last-second step-back three, I say he misses. Duke wins in OT.
Just enough time to get the ball down the court to kick to an open nwora for a 3.

They ABSOLUTELY can. I'll still pick Duke to win, but Louisville has been doing great this year.

No team is unbeatable. This years Duke team definitely isn't (although JESUS how is it that people still harp about the Syracuse loss without seeming to realize that both the starting PG and the best 3 point shooter were out that game?!)

They ABSOLUTELY can. I'll still pick Duke to win, but Louisville has been doing great this year.

No team is unbeatable. This years Duke team definitely isn't (although JESUS how is it that people still harp about the Syracuse loss without seeming to realize that both the starting PG and the best 3 point shooter were out that game?!)
I don't see anyone harping about the Syracuse loss? What am I missing?

Who brought the Syracuse loss up?

Reactions: kyjeff1
I think Jones will give them fits. But I do feel it wont be a blow out...

Louisville has lost 2 (UNC and FSU) of it's last 3, after a 6 game winning streak, and is currently #15 in the NET rankings. However...I don't hold out much confidence in winning this game. We tend to play better against our tougher competition on the road (see the 21 point win @ UNC). But, I just don't think we match up well with Duke's athleticism home or away. I would just HOPE to keep it to single digits.

Reactions: Quavarius
So back on topic...

I do think Louisville's offense will be interesting, mainly how fast they play. They shoot A TON of threes. I think that could go one of two ways. One, Duke tries to shoot with them, which definitely is what has to happen for Louisville to pull this off. Or two, Duke takes advantages of long rebounds all night and gets into transition on their way to a blowout.

I'm glad this is after the Cats game so I can watch both.

Yeah, you're a real mensa member yourself. That powder blue team came to U6's home court and beat them, so my point stands and you just look like a little crybaby.
Zipp would gladly take you under his wing of sadness. You’d fit in like a glove.

Reactions: HRTheCard
tenor.gif

Looks like you're getting your fanhood questioned. Maybe your time is spent better over there.
It seems you’re over there more than me, judging by all this information you keep tossing around.

ADVERTISEMENT