ADVERTISEMENT

Can Anyone Decode This? TIA.

Auburn only shot 44 free throws I don't see what the problem is.

College basketball is becoming unwatchable, the games are now as much about officiating as they are about the actual kids playing the game.

Nobody tunes in to watch a bunch of prancing-ass officials get in the way of the game.

Reactions: brooky03

College basketball is becoming unwatchable, the games are now as much about officiating as they are about the actual kids playing the game.

Nobody tunes in to watch a bunch of prancing-ass officials get in the way of the game.
Becoming?? Duke and Carolina have getting the better whistle for 60 years.

Reactions: boilerzz
I rarely agree with Kentucky fans complaining about calls because they do that every single game regardless of whether UK is playing or not but... 44 free throws is a bit ridiculous.

I rarely agree with Kentucky fans complaining about calls because they do that every single game regardless of whether UK is playing or not but... 44 free throws is a bit ridiculous.

The refs did suck, but AU does lead the league and maybe the nation in fouls drawn by them. We have played a few other teams who got whistled more against us than UK did...

But yes, SEC refs and officials suck in general in football and basketball. No denying that...

Cal could get his son & 2 daughters to ref a UK game & UK fans would cry about them if they lost.
giphy.gif

So the 42 uofk attempted against Vandy at home was ok.........

uofk fans cry about officials even when they attempt the most free throws.

Becoming?? Duke and Carolina have getting the better whistle for 60 years.

Lol, we had a guy literally get injured on what should have been an offensive foul but gave them three FTs with 17 seconds left the other night. It was their fault for even being in that situation against a crappy team though. **** happens to all teams like that. We've certainly benefited at times. UNC has gotten some calls at times and other times they haven't just like every other team in America. There is no conspiracy to help or hurt any team out there. Sometimes you get a break and sometimes you don't. That's just the way it goes.

Hasn’t UK made more FT’s than their opponents have attempted? If that’s not the case, it was at the beginning of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhmossy and UL_1986
As of today:

UK FT made: 387

Opponents FT attempted: 398
Guess who is #343 in the nation in 3-pt FG attempts. Calipari's teams almost always make more FTs than their opponents attempt. 25% of their points come from the line. It's no secret that Kentucky tries to score in the paint whenever possible. Shockingly, this is when more fouls occur (especially shooting fouls) as opposed to jump shots. They are also 11th in the nation in team FT% (78%), so when they get to the line they are highly efficient. Just making the front end of 1-and-1s gets you up to 6 extra FT every game.

FT disparity is a lazy and uneducated man's argument. It gets old seeing it from both sides of the aisle.

A more interesting stat. Kentucky leads the nation in home road free throws disparity at 8 a game. That’s by far the biggest average home road swing in free throw disparity.

To be fair, it’s not just a Kentucky thing though. The SEC alone has 9 teams above the national average.

Without looking at stats, I’d guess it’s been this way for a long time. For whatever reason the home court advantage in the SEC is massive.

Just looking at Kentucky auburn however, last three home and road games in the series for each.

at Kentucky the free throw advantage is 70-49 Kentucky.

at auburn it’s 102-62 in favor of auburn.

so Kentucky only shoots an average of 3 more free throws a game at home against auburn while auburn shoots on average nearly 18 more free throws a game at home against Kentucky!

Is pearl inviting them over for bbq before the games or something?

Maybe we’re just getting the best home whistle in the country.

Guess who is #343 in the nation in 3-pt FG attempts. Calipari's teams almost always make more FTs than their opponents attempt. 25% of their points come from the line. It's no secret that Kentucky tries to score in the paint whenever possible. Shockingly, this is when more fouls occur (especially shooting fouls) as opposed to jump shots.

FT disparity is a lazy and uneducated man's argument. It gets old seeing it from both sides of the aisle.

UofL @ Duke...

UofL shoots 14 3s
Duke shoots 25 3s

UofL leads entire game, shoots 17 FTs. Duke shoots 29 FTs.

As others have hinted, it's more about location of the game than anything else. Intense crowds apply pressure on officials to make calls for the home team. The calls aren't always in the act of shooting, but can indirectly lead to FTA through the bonus and double bonus. Refs can call perimeter fouls, away from the ball fouls, and questionable offensive fouls (or just bogus like the one in the 1st half on Nwora). Opposing coaches can plant seed in the refs head and work the anticipation call favoritism as well. Some coaches (not saying K) can even talk it up prior to the tip-off. And yes, offensive players can attack the rim, jump into defenders, cause contact, make it look like they just got into an automobile accident, and apply pressure on the refs to blow a whistle.

Reactions: kyjeff1
UofL @ Duke...

UofL shoots 14 3s
Duke shoots 25 3s

As others have hinted, it's more about location of the game than anything else. Intense crowds apply pressure on officials to make calls for the home team. The calls aren't always in the act of shooting, but can indirectly lead to FTA through the bonus and double bonus. Refs can call perimeter fouls, away from the ball fouls, and questionable offensive fouls (or just bogus like the one in the 1st half on Nwora). Opposing coaches can plant seed in the refs head and work the anticipation call favoritism as well. Some coaches (not saying K) can even talk it up prior to the tip-off. And yes, offensive players can attack the rim, jump into defenders, cause contact, make it look like they just got into an automobile accident, and apply pressure on the refs to blow a whistle.
Anomalies will always happen and bad officiating will always happen. However, games like that don't average out over the length of a season. A team that jacks 3s as their offensive strategy isn't going to the line nearly as much as a team that pounds it inside.

Cal could get his son & 2 daughters to ref a UK game & UK fans would cry about them if they lost.

Good news for you this year is that officiating will have zero impact on UNC's post season success this year.

Last edited:
So the 42 uofk attempted against Vandy at home was ok.........

uofk fans cry about officials even when they attempt the most free throws.

Yes 42 Fts is too many. You hate UK so much you can't even understand the point. Officiating sucks. It has made college basketball unwatchable. "Big Blew" Laughing

Guess who is #343 in the nation in 3-pt FG attempts. Calipari's teams almost always make more FTs than their opponents attempt. 25% of their points come from the line. It's no secret that Kentucky tries to score in the paint whenever possible. Shockingly, this is when more fouls occur (especially shooting fouls) as opposed to jump shots. They are also 11th in the nation in team FT% (78%), so when they get to the line they are highly efficient. Just making the front end of 1-and-1s gets you up to 6 extra FT every game.

Blaming the refs, thinking everyone is out to get your team/coach is also a lazy, uneducated man’s argument.

Yes 42 Fts is too many. You hate UK so much you can't even understand the point. Officiating sucks. It has made college basketball unwatchable. "Big Blew" Laughing

Hate uofk RollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh
Naw homie, i hate left lane drivers.

You guys never lose straight up. Its either injuries, sickness or refs.
This mentality didn't start with the UNC elite 8 game. Its ALWAYS been there. Even in yalls foorball games.

After every loss there are 3-10 threads blaming the refs. During the official game thread , every third post is bitchin about the refs.

Refs are human.
Players make mistakes.
Coaches make mistakes, but somehow refs arent allowed to make mistakes? Its a 40 minute game.

Unwatchable. Thats just another excuse. Its almost as if, you guys calculate home calls in your gameplan.
Stop fouling and man up.

Reactions: UL_1986

I think it's an SEC thing TBH. I do see excessive fouls called in some other league games, but few and far between. I see a much better flow in other league games.

SEC officials are calling every touch foul and it just makes it aggravating to watch.

The players, who are taught to play aggressive and hard, can't even go after rebounds, because that whistle is going to blow if you don't go straight up and come straight down.

Then there is the flopping. These officials still can't tell the difference between a flop and the real thing.

Just call the obvious fouls and leave it at that.

I enjoyed the Florida State/ UNC game last night. Couple bad calls, but for the most part, the officials let the players decide the game, they let them play.

I thought the officials in the UK vs Texas Tech game did a great job. The game had great flow and there were only a couple of questionable calls and guess what… .. it was a great game. What a concept.

The refs did suck, but AU does lead the league and maybe the nation in fouls drawn by them. We have played a few other teams who got whistled more against us than UK did...

But yes, SEC refs and officials suck in general in football and basketball. No denying that...
You forgot to mention the fact that Auburn also shot 23 three pointers.
How do you get 44 free throw attempts AND shoot 23 free throws?

Lol, we had a guy literally get injured on what should have been an offensive foul but gave them three FTs with 17 seconds left the other night. It was their fault for even being in that situation against a crappy team though. **** happens to all teams like that. We've certainly benefited at times. UNC has gotten some calls at times and other times they haven't just like every other team in America. There is no conspiracy to help or hurt any team out there. Sometimes you get a break and sometimes you don't. That's just the way it goes.
I agree with most of this. Carolina gave the golden whistle to a team about 8 miles down the road about 1990. But the 1970’s and 80’s were Deans playground. Great coach with great players to be sure, ask any coach in ACC at time. Read Feinstein’s book about it. Ask Rick Barnes. Carolina then Duke. Denial is a wonderful place where 99% of Blue blood hoops fans live.

Hasn’t UK made more FT’s than their opponents have attempted? If that’s not the case, it was at the beginning of the year.
As they should, UK doesn’t shoot many threes, they drive the ball with the intent to get fouled.

UK's guards rarely drive to get an assist, 9 times out of ten, they drive to draw the defense and try to score through them.

I hate it, I with the guard would dish the ball to the wide open forward or center that is standing right there, but getting a foul on the defender is the goal.

As of today:

UK FT made: 387

Opponents FT attempted: 398
Yet, UK goes on the road on another hyped up Saturday game, 3rd in a row, and the home team gets 20 more free throws.

I think the refs get too influenced by the crowd sometimes. Idk if that's what happened here, but Auburn shot 44 free throws (UK shot 23 IIRC) and also shot 23 three pointers.

UofL @ Duke...

UofL shoots 14 3s
Duke shoots 25 3s

I agree with all of this.

You also brought up another thing that drives me nuts. The guy with the ball, drives the lane and jumps sideways into the defender. Foul on the defender. That is so ridiculous. How is that a foul on the defender?

I've said it many times, the refs need better training.

This mentality didn't start with the UNC elite 8 game. Its ALWAYS been there. Even in yalls foorball games.

After every loss there are 3-10 threads blaming the refs. During the official game thread , every third post is bitchin about the refs.

Refs are human.
Players make mistakes.
Coaches make mistakes, but somehow refs arent allowed to make mistakes? Its a 40 minute game.

Unwatchable. Thats just another excuse. Its almost as if, you guys calculate home calls in your gameplan.
Stop fouling and man up.
OMG man, that is my biggest pet peeve. Dudes hanging out in the left lane totally oblivious to anything that is going on around them. I work in Cincinnati, Ohio drivers are by far the worst at this.

This is closely followed up by people that leave carts in parking spaces and people that park their compact car in the home depot loading dock while they go in to buy a box of picture hangers. Meanwhile, I have to push my cart with 100 concrete blocks out to the parking lot to load them.

Sorry, I needed to vent about those things.

Refs are human.
Players make mistakes.

Stop fouling and man up.

You truly are a dumba$$. I thought it was schtick til now, but I guess not. Find a thread where I blamed a ref for a loss. I just told you THAT 42 FREE THROWS IS TOO MANY AND WE WON THE GAME. And you are one of the idiots that blames your annual loss to UK in football and basketball on "Super Bowl". And one that thinks cheating is ok if you don't get any recruits from it. Apparently you don't think officiating can influence games either. We've been on both ends of it too. Oh well, I figure you gotta be a child because a grown man wouldn't constantly refer to a University as "Big Blew". Laughing And how many times have you bitched about Rupp before your team ever got there?

By the way, for $3500 a game it's ok to expect more from officials.

OMG man, that is my biggest pet peeve. Dudes hanging out in the left lane totally oblivious to anything that is going on around them. I work in Cincinnati, Ohio drivers are by far the worst at this.

This is closely followed up by people that leave carts in parking spaces and people that park their compact car in the home depot loading dock while they go in to buy a box of picture hangers. Meanwhile, I have to push my cart with 100 concrete blocks out to the parking lot to load them.

Sorry, I needed to vent about those things.

Its why i wont get a gun.

Also those EFFIN IDIOTS WHO INSTEAD OF TURNING WHEN YOURE 400 FT AWAY, WAIT UNTIL YOURE 3 CAR LINKS :mad::mad::mad:

You truly are a dumba$$. I thought it was schtick til now, but I guess not. Find a thread where I blamed a ref for a loss. I just told you THAT 42 FREE THROWS IS TOO MANY AND WE WON THE GAME. And you are one of the idiots that blames your annual loss to UK in football and basketball on "Super Bowl". And one that thinks cheating is ok if you don't get any recruits from it. Apparently you don't think officiating can influence games either. We've been on both ends of it too. Oh well, I figure you gotta be a child because a grown man wouldn't constantly refer to a University as "Big Blew". Laughing And how many times have you bitched about Rupp before your team ever got there?

By the way, for $3500 a game it's ok to expect more from officials.

Watch your mouth.
You wouldnt say it to my face, so stow the internet billy bad ass crap.

Stop watching ball and discussing it if youre going to act like a 7 year old.

You dont like my opinion or post, tough.

No one is perfect including the refs.

Its why i wont get a gun.

Also those EFFIN IDIOTS WHO INSTEAD OF TURNING WHEN YOURE 400 FT AWAY, WAIT UNTIL YOURE 3 CAR LINKS :mad::mad::mad:
Drives me up a wall.
Happens everytime I am pulling my RV or gooseneck down the road, they don't want to get stuck behind me, so they make the late decision to pull right out in front of me. Ughhh.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT