ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari A Pioneer Once Again in CBB, Other Programs Will Soon Clamor to Emulate

That or he knew exactly what was going to happen but doesn’t care enough about the fanbase’s opinion and does what he wants anyway.
I think he got played. I mean, he's all about sending kids to the NBA but I don't think he's in the business of investing in them for absolutely zero return. Why would he waste any time on a kid that he knows would never play a minute for him when that is potentially taking time away from actual players?

Well, Oscar is staying, so that's something big.

We wanted BOTH!

thumb_50-hilarious-reasons-why-toddlers-chuck-tantrums-52652298.png

Last edited:
That or he knew exactly what was going to happen but doesn’t care enough about the fanbase’s opinion and does what he wants anyway.
Y'all pay him an awful lot to do what he thinks is best. I'm sure if he could have played him legally he would have.

• Sad
Reactions: Random UK Fan
If he knew exactly what was going to happen how does he justify it then? You literally gave someone a few months free of stay for zero tangible benefit to the university. That’s a fireable offense for cause if he knew it was going to happen. It’s essentially theft

This kid seemed destined for greatness and to Cal's credit he put UK in the best possible position to get some playing time out of him. So, there is that.
-Reports are that the "mentor" told NBA people he would never play in college. Cal claims to be connected to the NBA. Seems like something he should have known.

Y'all pay him an awful lot to do what he thinks is best. I'm sure if he could have played him legally he would have.
IMO Cal was never calling the shots on this one. Dwayne Washington was.

IMO Cal was never calling the shots on this one. Dwayne Washington was.
That may be true, but Cal was definitely playing the game. You want your coach in the game Rip. The simple fact of the matter is that UK/Cal is after super talented players who's eyes are set on the NBA and not so much about college education.

It is actually innovative and ground breaking what Cal did. It didn't payoff in playing time this time, but it did strengthen his hand for future NBA hopefuls in regard to Cal being willing to do whatever for the kid.

Please don't put me in the position of defending UK strategy or Cal to a UK fan again.

That may be true, but Cal was definitely playing the game. You want your coach in the game Rip. The simple fact of the matter is that UK/Cal is after super talented players who's eyes are set on the NBA and not so much about college education.

It is actually innovative and ground breaking what Cal did. It didn't payoff in playing time this time, but it did strengthen his hand for future NBA hopefuls in regard to Cal being willing to do whatever for the kid.

Please don't put me in the position of defending UK strategy or Cal to a UK fan again.
You can defend him if you wish. I will not. Much of BBN will not. It's time for him to put UK basketball first.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You can defend him if you wish. I will not. Much of BBN will not. It's time for him to put UK basketball first.
I don't wish to in the least, but there is no doubt he was trying to benefit UK. Sometimes you play the game and lose and sometimes you pay a price for future gains.

I don't wish to in the least, but there is no doubt he was trying to benefit UK. Sometimes you play the game and lose and sometimes you pay a price for future gains.
If he was actually clueless about what that kid's intentions were, that is another issue in itself. It shows he's fallen out of touch a bit. Because like I said, apparently Dwayne Washington had told NBA people he would be in the draft and never play at UK. Cal has to know that.

If he was actually clueless about what that kid's intentions were, that is another issue in itself. It shows he's fallen out of touch a bit. Because like I said, apparently Dwayne Washington had told NBA people he would be in the draft and never play at UK. Cal has to know that.
A rumor is not a fact Rip.

A rumor is not a fact Rip.
You missed the point....he SHOULD have known the kids intentions when he allowed him to come here. He wasn't injured so there should have been a plan. As far as it being "rumor", a UK beat writer reportedly had that conversation with an NBA scout, so it's not like it came from a message board...

Super low risk super high reward imo.

only ppl that should be mad are those that shelled out NIl $ to get/keep him in college.

can someone please find the thread where all you dumb cousin ****ing rednecks told me Sharpe was definitely coming back next year?

There's more to story than what @RipThru is mentioning. Lots of sour grapes amongst a portion of UK fans. I wished he would stay, but he's projected at 6 on several mock drafts and I suspect after the combine, his stock is going to improve. And he did help the team by practicing as well as creating lots of goodwill for the program. Besides, rip and I argued about Oscar. Rip was very negative towards Oscar. I was very pro Oscar. This occurred after Oscar pulled in 20 rebounds against Duke. Oscar is tireless and runs the floor better than any center we've had. One of the best we've ever had.

And Sharpe did help the team by practicing as well as creating lots of goodwill for the program.
🤣 🤣 🤣 GTFO with this nonsense. You're gonna get dizzy from trying so hard to spin this.

Maybe if he practiced harder they would've beaten St. whatever they lost to in Round 1?

Reactions: RipThru
There's more to story than what @RipThru is mentioning. Lots of sour grapes amongst a portion of UK fans. I wished he would stay, but he's projected at 6 on several mock drafts and I suspect after the combine, his stock is going to improve. And he did help the team by practicing as well as creating lots of goodwill for the program. Besides, rip and I argued about Oscar. Rip was very negative towards Oscar. I was very pro Oscar. This occurred after Oscar pulled in 20 rebounds against Duke. Oscar is tireless and runs the floor better than any center we've had. One of the best we've ever had.
I have just been trying to be the voice of reason. Sharpe out of the way just makes UT's work easier for them.

My one flaw as a rival fan is I can't help myself from feeling sorry for my rivals when something really bad happens to them. Poor Random was beside himself with grief. I felt so sorry for him. It is easy to tease someone that is arrogant but when y'all go all pitiful I lose my edge.🥺

You were right about Oscar; I was wrong.

The rest of your post I couldn't disagree with nore.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even participate in the combine. May just elect to do private workouts against nobody. Wouldn't want to get exposed during those scrimmages! Why sit all season just to get exposed now? I'm not saying he would be, because he's a great player, but that has seemingly been his strategy all along to this point. Would be weird to suddenly do a 180.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even participate in the combine. May just elect to do private workouts against nobody. Wouldn't want to get exposed during those scrimmages! Why sit all season just to get exposed now? I'm not saying he would be, because he's a great player, but that has seemingly been his strategy all along to this point. Would be weird to suddenly do a 180.
You're probably spot on. It wouldn't surprise me if he hosted at UK. I hope he has more class than that.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I have just been trying to be the voice of reason. Sharpe out of the way just makes UT's work easier for them.

My one flaw as a rival fan is I can't help myself from feeling sorry for my rivals when something really bad happens to them. Poor Random was beside himself with grief. I felt so sorry for him. It is easy to tease someone that is arrogant but when y'all go all pitiful I lose my edge.🥺
I think @RipThru is probably right concerning Sharpe, the more I think about it. Was probably the plan from the beginning. I don't really care. He's history. Next chapter "Why we are Better than 2021-22".....

ADVERTISEMENT