ADVERTISEMENT

Cal has an Opportunity to Tie Tubby's Streak

Its obvious to anyone with a brain that Cal has taken a step or two back. Collecting that lifetime contract money and skating by with on court results.
So, you're saying that even UK has to earn it and y'all aren't receiving in special consideration for your status? Welcome to reality.

Cal is a very good coach and an elite recruiter. That is what you have in him. From the outside looking in he appears to value talent over team cohesiveness and that has been problematic recently.

There is no guarantee that the flavor of the month coach can come into Lexington and bring y'all back to dominance. The SEC is much more competitive than in yesteryear. There are some really good coaches in the conference and some really good teams. There is a new reality and only coaches that can turn that to their advantage will succeed going forward.

So, you're saying that even UK has to earn it and y'all aren't receiving in special consideration for your status? Welcome to reality.

Cal is a very good coach and an elite recruiter. That is what you have in him. From the outside looking in he appears to value talent over team cohesiveness and that has been problematic recently.

There is no guarantee that the flavor of the month coach can come into Lexington and bring y'all back to dominance. The SEC is much more competitive than in yesteryear. There are some really good coaches in the conference and some really good teams. There is a new reality and only coaches that can turn that to their advantage will succeed going forward.
I'm not even sure how to address your first line. Where did that come from?

Cal has done wonderful things for Kentucky, but this is a what have you done for me lately business. For any school. I won't pretend to know who the best option would be, but trust UK would do their due diligence. I obviously have my opinions.

He values talent over experience. He's done a fantastic job at creating team chemistry. What he has is less talent and more experience. He needs talented guys that can create their own shots. He has a problem playing some players way too much. Grady was worn out by conference tourney time. He ran his butt off trying to shake his man versus setting up screens for him. That's on Cal.

The team coming in is much more athletic and talented than last year's. And we have 3-4 guys that can create their own. So maybe Cal's system will work better. If Collins can be the shot blocker, my expectations are high.

If they fail, then its on Cal again.

I'm not even sure how to address your first line. Where did that come from?

Cal has done wonderful things for Kentucky, but this is a what have you done for me lately business. For any school. I won't pretend to know who the best option would be, but trust UK would do their due diligence. I obviously have my opinions.
I'm like a rose and that was the thorns. 😝

He values talent over experience. He's done a fantastic job at creating team chemistry. What he has is less talent and more experience. He needs talented guys that can create their own shots. He has a problem playing some players way too much. Grady was worn out by conference tourney time. He ran his butt off trying to shake his man versus setting up screens for him. That's on Cal.

The team coming in is much more athletic and talented than last year's. And we have 3-4 guys that can create their own. So maybe Cal's system will work better. If Collins can be the shot blocker, my expectations are high.

If they fail, then its on Cal again.
I would think the portal would be just what you needed.

Hard to recruit the portal without the PT to promise imo. Like i have no doubt in my mind that Broome would likely be headed to UK if oscar had decided to go pro. But ur not gonna get him to come play backup.

Its easier regarding frosh bc u can sell them on expanding their role over a career, but even they can be hard to deal with, esp the caliber of recruits UK/cal lands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT