ADVERTISEMENT

Cal can't coach offense - Hires offensive coordinator

Rumours were before the official announcement it was said that he would be scouting other teams and making game plans. His son was a walkon for the team but just graduated... Allegedly his son was the only person watching tape of other teams and scouting last year.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Rumours were before the official announcement it was said that he would be scouting other teams and making game plans. His son was a walkon for the team but just graduated... Allegedly his son was the only person watching tape of other teams and scouting last year.
Cal shouldn't have to scout. Too many little house on the prairie reruns to watch.

2hoH.gif

I thought the head coach always brought his offensive scheme in.
I may be wrong but do lots of teams have an OC on their staff?

I'm glad he dropped the whole "we play our game" and not worry about the others.
The application made note scouting was the main requirement.
Robic was great at scouting and then his dad died. He hung it up. There's a direct timeline of that happening us losing.

But my question is, will he really let an assistant coach make the calls?
I would have to see it. 👍
Who are all of these 5 star lottery kids looking to during the game when decisions have to be made? Only one ball to go around. Who is keeping everybody happy, Cal? OC?

Reactions: cdbearde
All i know is we currently have 7 scholarship players committed to play for us next season and it’s May 23rd. Cal has missed on the only two portal guys we know he prioritized in Dickinson(which made no sense to begin with) and Johnson, and all 3 of our draft decision guys are suddenly looking grim. Livingston was written off as a defection months ago. Reeves is apparently entertaining back channel portal offers and Oscar is determined to be a pro now.

Honestly, if you’re not a Kentucky fan it’s really just one less program to worry about having to compete with until Calipari hangs it up. With every season he just proves more and more he can’t do this at a high level anymore.

The offense seemed to be fine the last time they were in Lawrence.
You're the reason we won the natty. Embarrassed us to change and course correct. Same thing ST PETEY did for yall. Embarrassed yall into 1 more tournament win.

But my question is, will he really let an assistant coach make the calls?
I would have to see it. 👍
I think he will. He was under a lot of pressure to not hire one of his buddies. This was a very good hire. Next he needs to shore up the lineup adding some roll players, He will do that. We have a team built for the dribble drive and Welch is pretty good at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT