ADVERTISEMENT

Busting brackets' top 25 front courts for 20/21

kyjeff1

Sep 8, 2012
Some of you have probably already seen these rankings. I'll do another thread for top 25 backcourts.
I'm surprised to see KU so low, they’re usually at or near the top of the rankings in this category.
Memphis and UConn are rated pretty high, I had no idea they were going to be that strong in the fc.
Tbh, I didn't think Duke and Wisconsin would have top 10 talent in their fc's.
NCAA Basketball: Top 25 frontcourts for 2020-21 season

25 Arkansas
24 S Florida
23 BYU
22 UCLA
21 Utah St
20 KU
19 UT
18 Fla St
17 Bama
16 Oregon
15 UK
14 Arizona
13 Memphis
12 UConn
11 Nova
10 Illinois
9 Iowa
8 Wisconsin
7 Wva
6 UVA
5 USC
4 Duke
3 MSU
2 Gonzaga
1 UNC

Last edited:
KU fans, how good is McCormack? They have KU at 20 on this list and that is before De Sousa left. What do you guys have beyond McCormack?

Well I see why these folks don’t have FSU’s backcourt listed—they are including Barnes in the front court. Which is silly. He’s playing point for us.

But then again, they’ve got Wyatt Wilkes listed as a “traditional post player” when he’s a SF who hangs out on the perimeter. So these folks just don’t know what they are talking about.

Time for me to start paying attention to basketball. So weve got good guards and mediocre big men? Ive seen this movie before.

KU fans, how good is McCormack? They have KU at 20 on this list and that is before De Sousa left. What do you guys have beyond McCormack?

McCormack is supposedly much improved. He was already a pretty good scorer. Needs to be more disciplined defensively.

They have Lightfoot and a raw freshman.

Apparently they’re including Jalen Wilson and Enaruna in the frontcourt. Both should make an impact this year. Self’s been saying that Wilson has been the best player on the team in practice.

Reactions: kyjeff1
McCormack is supposedly much improved. He was already a pretty good scorer. Needs to be more disciplined defensively.

They have Lightfoot and a raw freshman.

Apparently they’re including Jalen Wilson and Enaruna in the frontcourt. Both should make an impact this year. Self’s been saying that Wilson has been the best player on the team in practice.
It seems Lightfoot has been playing since the Native Americans ruled.

Things may change but even being an average program the last 8 years Texas has developed bigs.
This year I think Texas has as much front court talent they had during this period

I don't want to sound like a homer...

Jericho Sims was someone who could have been drafted after his freshman year. Hayes took his job but Sims came back his Junior season and almost averaged a double double. Missed I believe the last 10 games.

Kai Jones is one of the most athletic players I have ever seen at Texas.
He was someone who started as a sprinter in Bahamas. Developed through the Bahamas basketball circles.
Watching a guy with a 7 foot wingspan moving like he is 6-5
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes a big time NBA player. Type of player any franchise wants

Greg Brown is maybe the most explosive athlete in this year's recruiting class. 6-9 but moves like a guard

Will Baker needs to get better. But Baker went off on TCU last year and is capable of scoring 20+ points any night

Royce Hamm...Guy is fun to watch. Athletic talent who plays hard

Brock Cunningham is a football player playing basketball. Has the potential to develop a shot. But is an energy guy

Gerald Liddell- Everyone is waiting on him to realize his potential. Could and should be playing in the NBA one day. Does so much because of his length. Hopefully the new people on staff can get him there

Kemaka Hepa- Understands the game very well. Adds length and a high basketball IQ.
If Hepa is the worst guy in your front court you are doing pretty well.

I can say for certain Texas has one of the best front courts in the country

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT