ADVERTISEMENT

*Bubble Watch thread*...

ABVolsFan92

Gold Member
May 31, 2012
I thought it'd be nice if we had a thread on what's going on with the bubble. Who's in, who's out. Would like to hear some thoughts on who yall think gets in and we can get updates on different teams grabbing big wins to try to solidify their spot in the tournament.

UK is supposedly a lock, not sure why though? Still a possibility we exit the 1st tourney early.

I think that is a little inaccurate, Utah st and Penn st are probably on the first four out. Clemson is on the next four out, likely going to have to win 2 in Greensboro to slide in
It was very accurate for 2/28 and that is why I dated it so.

Some teams took some losses last night but remain in decent shape. Michigan, Wisconsin, and Arizona st

Absolutely. And they have nick smith starting now, so on paper, they are tougher than when UK played them at home.
Cal has UK playing at a much higher level than earlier, so you never know. It should be a good game.

I will be somewhat shocked if NC misses the dance. They arent great but reasonably decent and have played better as of late

Cal has UK playing at a much higher level than earlier

a1cdf704-5793-429a-bea8-70b32420c4f5_750x422.jpg

The first four should be all bubble teams playing their way in instead of 16 seeds.

For the big 12:

West Virginia: needs one more win. Either over k state on Saturday or in the first round of the b12 tourney.

Okie state: win on Saturday plus one in the tourney might get them in. They are projected as the 7 now and own the tiebreaker over Iowa state so would move to 6 seed with an ISU loss. That gives them a bye and gives them baylor (or potentially k state or Texas. 2-4 in b12 still up for grabs). Win over whomever gets the three seed should get them in. However okie state and Texas tech are basically playing an elimination game on Saturday. Loser will need to win the tourney to get in.

Speaking of Texas tech:
If tech wins and West Virginia wins okie state and tech play again in first round of the b12 tourney. Two wins over the pokes does not get them in. They will need to upset Kansas in the next round for any shot at getting in

Iowa state: currently in but if they don’t want to play in the 7-10 matchup they might want to win another game.

Everyone is in except Oklahoma. They would need to win out.

For the big 12:

West Virginia: needs one more win. Either over k state on Saturday or in the first round of the b12 tourney.

Okie state: win on Saturday plus one in the tourney might get them in. They are projected as the 7 now and own the tiebreaker over Iowa state so would move to 6 seed with an ISU loss. That gives them a bye and gives them baylor (or potentially k state or Texas. 2-4 in b12 still up for grabs). Win over whomever gets the three seed should get them in. However okie state and Texas tech are basically playing an elimination game on Saturday. Loser will need to win the tourney to get in.

Speaking of Texas tech:
If tech wins and West Virginia wins okie state and tech play again in first round of the b12 tourney. Two wins over the pokes does not get them in. They will need to upset Kansas in the next round for any shot at getting in

Iowa state: currently in but if they don’t want to play in the 7-10 matchup they might want to win another game.

Everyone is in except Oklahoma. They would need to win out.
I know I tagged my own post.
Wvu: got the win over ksu so they should be in
ISU stays on the 6 line with the win over baylor
Okie state: still needs a win. Beating tech was the start but they still have work to do
Tech: need to win the tourney
Ou: See above for tech
Tcu: 8/9 matchup. Scary team for a 1 seed (won’t be ku).
Ksu: should stay on the 4 line
Baylor: probably fell to the 3. Couple wins could put them back at the 2 but a 1 is gone
Texas: solid 2 with a 1 chance if they win out
Ku: 1 with overall 1 still up for grabs. Probably lost it with losing but if Houston falters it’s back within grasp.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT