ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Weber has the last laugh..

gocats5611

Jun 12, 2002
at both K-State fans like me that were calling for his head mere months ago. And Illinois.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I'll be curious to see if the KU fans that I work with that were dismissive of K-State's march to the Sweet 16 hold to their promise of giving credit where it's due if " you beat Kentucky" as they dismissively laughed at me and brushed me away.

I'll be curious to see if the KU fans that I work with that were dismissive of K-State's march to the Sweet 16 hold to their promise of giving credit where it's due if " you beat Kentucky" as they dismissively laughed at me and brushed me away.
I’ve got an extra box of validation in the closet..........you want some?

I expected you to beat an overrated Kentucky team. Congrats on win though.

How gut wrenching would it be to lose to Loyola in the Elite8?
At this point everything is just extra icing on the cake. Would suck for sure. But clearly Loyola is a beast. And they might have God on their side. This is kind of what we were hoping for next season with an entire team returning. Certainly not this season. I mean we hadn't even beaten a team that we were supposed to lose to all year until this tournament.

Reactions: KisteK
Im impressed they managed it without wade. They deserve props for toughness in rounds 1 and 3. They were shit last game but that's the crapshoot. Had they played uva that day they likely would have gotten curb stomped but instead became the only 9 seed ever to knock off a 16 lol. Grats kitties. As long as KU is winning I'll be rooting for ya

I don't know why Illinois keeps getting brought up. The guy is a big reason we look the way we do now. He missed the tournament 3 out of his final 5 seasons. His final season was a nightmare, and even John Groce was able to make the tournament with the roster Bruce left.

Good for Bruce making the most of this. Always thought he was a good guy, but he wasn't a fit for us. Light years better than Groce unfortunately for Illinois.

Reactions: gocats5611
As a matter of fact. I mean.. I always look to KU fans for validation since they invented basketball and are the epicenter of everything that is basketball. I thought that's what we were supposed to do. Am I doing it wrong?
tenor.gif
Just messing with you lol.....now Im on the hot seat waiting for our game tonight. We better show up!

Reactions: gocats5611
It's been a lucky run, that's for sure, but last night was anything but luck. KSU played with guts last night and left it all out on the floor.

My guess would be
A touch less than losing to Syracuse in the second round....

Don’t think so. That loss sucked but I’ve seen MSU make a run to the FF 7 times in last 19 years.

When’s the last time KSU made a FF? And to have an 11 seed mid major prevent that FF? Would be gut wrenching.

I'll first give the K-Staters a chance to explain Calipari's offense before I congratulate them. If they can, I'll give them their due.

It was a good win last night, but slow your roll a bit dude. You've beaten Creighton, UMBC, and one of Cal's worst UK teams to reach the Elite Eight. Granted, you've done this without your best player, which is a great accomplishment. KSU fans should be proud of their team, but careful in calling out a program that has owned their asses in basketball for almost three decades.

Congrats on the win last night and good luck on Saturday. I have KSU fans in my family and a few of them really need a victory right now (serious personal strife), so I'm pulling for you guys to reach the FF.

Don’t think so. That loss sucked but I’ve seen MSU make a run to the FF 7 times in last 19 years.

When’s the last time KSU made a FF? And to have an 11 seed mid major prevent that FF? Would be gut wrenching.
They are a program with low basketball expectations.
You want something that's just not there.

The loss will/would suck, but an E8 (compared to Izzo's 2nd Round L) is monstrously better when you throw in expectations.

I'll first give the K-Staters a chance to explain Calipari's offense before I congratulate them. If they can, I'll give them their due.
Debating that with a KU fan would be the equivalent of attempting to debate the
Bible with Jesus so won't even try.

But then I'm too stupid to have an intelligent Xs and Os discussion about any sport but baseball without making a fool of myself. I just love my Alma Mater.

Reactions: Jayhox
Bruce Weber is a good coach and will win as long as he recruits guys for his system regardless of star rating. Problem is, say Kansas State makes the Final Four. The dude is going to go for things he can't get. Then he is stuck with Plan C or D guys and you are in the dumpster. He will pass up on dudes he should be recruiting. Hopefully, he learned his lesson.

That said, I like Bruce and think he is a good coach. He's a good guy who gets too much crap. For sure.

I don't mind Weber but I mean he does things that invites criticism.

His "Play-Hard Chart" he put together to demonstrate why he should have beaten KU was particularly cringe-worthy.

However I can no longer make fun of him because I made a promise.

Matt Jones said this and I agree. Most annoying thing about Kentucky losing is that Kansas State isn't even good. I mean, Kentucky was never that good either but Kansas State really isn't very good. Webber gets credit for winning a big game, but Kansas State isn't a better team and Webber isn't a better coach.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I don't mind Weber but I mean he does things that invites criticism.

His "Play-Hard Chart" he put together to demonstrate why he should have beaten KU was particularly cringe-worthy.

However I can no longer make fun of him because I made a promise.

The Play Hard Chart is not doing Bruce any favors. The concept itself isn't a bad deal but he uses it like it's life and death. At some point the final score is what it is. You just can't blurt out how his team won the Play Hard Chart when the scoreboard suggests otherwise.

KU fans that I know were all pulling for KSU and happy for you all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT