ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Weber about to save his arse again

gocats5611

Jun 12, 2002
Just beat the "hottest team in the country" Cats 62 - Texas Tech 51 Final

I still think he gracefully retire at year end. Been some highs and lows but Bruce has brought us two conference titles and an Elite Eight so won't disparage him. But it is time to move on.

Could have told you this back in 2012, my friend. ;)

EDIT: I do not think Bruce is a "bad coach." However, he inherited the keys to a Ferrari at Illinois and left us with a used mini van, lol. The THREE previous coaches at Illinois had won a conference title, and we were two years off of an Elite Eight/#1 seed season with a stacked group of youngsters and recruiting momentum going wild. Weber came in, coached up the players already there exceptionally and delivered one of the most memorable seasons ever in 2005. However, you could already see the cracks by 2006 ... recruiting was stalling, and even when it picked back up a few years later, it was always like three highly ranked wings and never a PG or something like that. I just don't think he's capable of building a program and constructing a roster, so then he's just left trying to dispense Xs and Os knowledge to a group of guys who don't fit well together. At least that was the problem at Illinois.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocats5611
ADVERTISEMENT