ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl just got an extension at Auburn...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
Both players suspended from last season also ruled as eligible by the NCAA and will be back.

The defending SEC champs are returning a more stacked team then we had last year.

So much for the fbi ending Auburn bs this ignorant board pushed all last season.

Didn't even realize Aubarn had a basketball team. Learn something new everyday.

If people thought Auburn was going down, it’s because Person was on a key guy on Bruce’s staff, and he caught SIX FEDERAL CHARGES.

Fortunately for Bruce, he kept his mouth shut. Since, the last time he talked during an investigation, he told the NCAA that he didn’t recognize his own house.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky plus hot shot freshman loaded teams like LSU and Vanderbilt.

Could the SEC be this year's Big12 and end up being the best conference in the land?

They lost by 40 points or something insane to a bad Clemson team in the NCAA Tournament.

Yeah, luckily we will have 4-5 guys back from that injury depleted team that didn't play in that game.

We were barely a top 50 team by the end of the year, and it showed mightily down the stretch after we started 23-3.

Why not?

Tennessee
Auburn
Kentucky
LSU
Vanderbilt
Mississippi State
Florida
Mizzou
Texas A&M

That's 9 possible NCAA tourney teams right there with at least 2 teams that are top 10 pre-seasons. What conference can match that this year?

Does the ACC stack up with that?

Why not?

Tennessee
Auburn
Kentucky
LSU
Vanderbilt
Mississippi State
Florida
Mizzou
Texas A&M

That's 9 possible NCAA tourney teams right there with at least 2 teams that are top 10 pre-seasons. What conference can match that this year?

Does the ACC stack up with that?

Yes. That's an average year in the ACC. In most of the "too early ranks" I've seen, ACC has 3 top 10 teams (Duke, UVA, UNC) and 4-5 more teams in the top 25.

VT, Clemson, FSU, Syracuse, and Louisville are all listed in multiple of the early ranks, with VT, FSU, and Cuse basically unanimous.

Then you have NCSU, Miami, ND, and BC all as potential tourney teams.

That's 12 potential tourney teams with 7-8 likely fighting for top 6 seeds.

Last edited:
Auburn really lighting the world on fire. That 40 point loss in the second round was impressive.

Edit: to @olsonab mods on Catsillustrated are gay

Last edited:
Why would anybody even hire Pearl? He got caught cheating. Next Pitino will find employment. Can’t say I’d want my kids playing for either one of them.

What did he do? You know the FBI and NCAA cleared him, right?

Comparing Pearl and Pitino is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board, congrats.

Why would anybody even hire Pearl? He got caught cheating. Next Pitino will find employment. Can’t say I’d want my kids playing for either one of them.

I would LOVE to have Bruce Pearl at DePaul. Last time we had a cheater for a coach we had a roster full of NBA players and back to back trips to the tournament. That was 15 years ago. We've had nothing but honest Abes coaching us since then and I think we've had maybe 1 trip to the tournament and a near permanent spot at the bottom of the conference standings.

I'll take a cheater all day if those are my two choices.

I would LOVE to have Bruce Pearl at DePaul. Last time we had a cheater for a coach we had a roster full of NBA players and back to back trips to the tournament. That was 15 years ago. We've had nothing but honest Abes coaching us since then and I think we've had maybe 1 trip to the tournament and a near permanent spot at the bottom of the conference standings.

I'll take a cheater all day if those are my two choices.

Ones that lie about a barbeque tend to be badass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT