ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking: Kentucky vs UNC this Saturday

I thought he was mistaking me for a Kentucky fan.

It’s been a long day.

No, you are right. I did. I looked at lurker and then your post and thought it was him. Just looked too quick. Then I thought you were referencing the last thing I said when you mentioned the Tar Heel thing when in truth you were talking about me posting too quick. So it was my bad all the way, lol.

I think you guys are greatly overestimating UNC. They have been double digits to almost every team they have played, even the awful ones.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Well, UK is 0-2 vs the ACC this year, they could go 0-4 prior to conference play. They now get unc, then they play Loui… .oh, never mind, 1-3 it is.

I think you guys are greatly overestimating UNC. They have been double digits to almost every team they have played, even the awful ones.
Yeah. We’re no lock to win. But if the guards feed the posts from the jump, I think we will be fine.

Live look at UK's OOC schedule 2020.

giphy.gif

Not possible, as I am also a Reds and Bengals fan. The weather is rarely good with either of them. I'm sure you understand if you're a Royals fan. They suck ass for decades, win a WS, then straight back to sucking ass.
That just made back-to-back WS appearances all the sweeter.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
That just made back-to-back WS appearances all the sweeter.
Exactly. Last time the Reds won the WS they went wire-to-wire in 1990 and were huge underdogs against the mighty A's and the Bash Brothers when they were in their prime. 4 games later the Reds had a sweep. Ahhhh, so sweet. SmokinSmile

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Exactly. Last time the Reds won the WS they went wire-to-wire in 1990 and were huge underdogs against the mighty A's and the Bash Brothers when they were in their prime. 4 games later the Reds had a sweep. Ahhhh, so sweet. SmokinSmile

Yeah, now they tried to contend for one year. F'ed it up with a buffoon for a manager and contracts to guys who were overvalued and are going to go cheap again and suck.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
This should be an interesting game.

I have Christmas at my mom's with the family Saturday so will probably miss this trainwreck. Will watch recorded if UNC wins.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I have Christmas at my mom's with the family Saturday so will probably miss this trainwreck. Will watch recorded if UNC wins.
I have to admit that Kentucky being bad has watered down my basketball watching this season. Don’t see a line in the game yet, but even without watching Carolina, I expect you guys to win by 10 to 12. Like yourself, I have a Christmas that day that starts at 2. Luckily my family is really into sports and I will get to watch us get our ass kicked with a beverage in hand.

I have to admit that Kentucky being bad has watered down my basketball watching this season. Don’t see a line in the game yet, but even without watching Carolina, I expect you guys to win by 10 to 12. Like yourself, I have a Christmas that day that starts at 2. Luckily my family is really into sports and I will get to watch us get our ass kicked with a beverage in hand.

I still watch a ton of games. I'll watch this one if I'm at home. Not around a bunch of other people though, lol.

Yeah, now they tried to contend for one year. F'ed it up with a buffoon for a manager and contracts to guys who were overvalued and are going to go cheap again and suck.
Reds gonna Red. I am definitely ready for the Bell experiment to be over.

I feel like there's a good chance that the 4 primary blue bloods will all be top 10 teams next year. Kansas might take a step back, if Agbaji and Wilson both go pro. Potential 2022 starting lineups

Duke
Jeremy Roach, 6'1 So
DJ Steward, 6'2 So
AJ Griffin, 6'7 Fr
Patrick Baldwin, 6'9 Fr
Paolo Banchero, 6'9 Fr
6th Man: Jaemyn Brakefield, 6'8 So

North Carolina
Caleb Love, 6'4 So
RJ Davis, 6'0 So
Leaky Black, 6'8 Sr
Armando Bacot, 6'10 Jr
Day'Ron Sharpe, 6'11 So
6th Man: Walker Kessler, 7'1 So

Kentucky
Devin Askew, 6'3 So
Hunter Sallis, 6'5 Fr
Keion Brooks, 6'7 Jr
Daimion Collins, 6'9 Fr
Isaiah Jackson, 6'10 So
6th Man: Cam'Ron Fletcher, 6'6 So

Kansas:
Dajuan Harris, 6'1 R-So
Bryce Thompson, 6'5 So
Christian Braun, 6'6 Jr
Tyon Grant-Foster, 6'7 Sr
David McCormack, 6'10 Sr
6th Man: Tristan Enaruna, 6'8 Jr

Certainly a few guys could still go pro, maybe DJ Steward, Day'Ron Sharpe, or Isaiah Jackson. But, I think 2022 should result in much better seasons for the blue bloods. Kansas might be the only one of these schools with a decent shot at the Final Four this season.

I feel like there's a good chance that the 4 primary blue bloods will all be top 10 teams next year. Kansas might take a step back, if Agbaji and Wilson both go pro. Potential 2022 starting lineups

Duke
Jeremy Roach, 6'1 So
DJ Steward, 6'2 So
AJ Griffin, 6'7 Fr
Patrick Baldwin, 6'9 Fr
Paolo Banchero, 6'9 Fr

North Carolina
Caleb Love, 6'4 So
RJ Davis, 6'0 So
Leaky Black, 6'8 Sr
Armando Bacot, 6'10 Jr
Day'Ron Sharpe, 6'11 So

Kentucky
Devin Askew, 6'3 So
Hunter Sallis, 6'5 Fr
Keion Brooks, 6'7 Jr
Daimion Collins, 6'9 Fr
Isaiah Jackson, 6'10 So

Kansas:
Dajuan Harris, 6'1 R-So
Bryce Thompson, 6'5 So
Christian Braun, 6'6 Jr
David McCormack, 6'10 Sr

Certainly a few guys could still go pro, maybe DJ Steward, Day'Ron Sharpe, or Isaiah Jackson. But, I think 2022 should result in much better seasons for the blue bloods. Kansas might be the only one of these schools with a decent shot at the Final Four this season.
College basketball needs this

Reactions: Scotty00

Duke
Jeremy Roach, 6'1 So
DJ Steward, 6'2 So
AJ Griffin, 6'7 Fr
Patrick Baldwin, 6'9 Fr
Paolo Banchero, 6'9 Fr

North Carolina
Caleb Love, 6'4 So
RJ Davis, 6'0 So
Leaky Black, 6'8 Sr
Armando Bacot, 6'10 Jr
Day'Ron Sharpe, 6'11 So

Kentucky
Devin Askew, 6'3 So
Hunter Sallis, 6'5 Fr
Keion Brooks, 6'7 Jr
Daimion Collins, 6'9 Fr
Isaiah Jackson, 6'10 So

Kansas:
Dajuan Harris, 6'1 R-So
Bryce Thompson, 6'5 So
Christian Braun, 6'6 Jr
David McCormack, 6'10 Sr

I think the chance of Wilson going pro this year is pretty slim. He's not that athletic and isn't a deadeye shooter. Is he even on NBA scouts' radar yet? Not sure. Hard to say what Agbaji will do. He still seems to play like he's unsure that he's a KU-caliber player. It's hard to imagine him being confident in taking a stab at the pros. Plus, I don't think he's dramatically improved anywhere. His outside shot may be a little better but still inconsistent. You never know what these players will do though.

I think if one of the two comes back, particularly Wilson, they'll be a much better team next year. They're still figuring things out and aren't that good right now, primarily because it's a group that hasn't played much together, and a few of their most talented players have no experience at this level. I'd expect Thompson and Grant-Foster to be much bigger contributors next year than they are right now.

Plus, I think Self's found a few hidden gems for next year. Sydney Curry looks like he could be a monster. I think it's clear that Self wanted another Azubuike and he may have found something pretty close. He's a few inches shorter but powerful and skilled around the basket. Went the juco route due to grades apparently. Wish he were eligible to play now.

Duke
Jeremy Roach, 6'1 So
DJ Steward, 6'2 So
AJ Griffin, 6'7 Fr
Patrick Baldwin, 6'9 Fr
Paolo Banchero, 6'9 Fr

North Carolina
Caleb Love, 6'4 So
RJ Davis, 6'0 So
Leaky Black, 6'8 Sr
Armando Bacot, 6'10 Jr
Day'Ron Sharpe, 6'11 So

Kentucky
Devin Askew, 6'3 So
Hunter Sallis, 6'5 Fr
Keion Brooks, 6'7 Jr
Daimion Collins, 6'9 Fr
Isaiah Jackson, 6'10 So

Kansas:
Dajuan Harris, 6'1 R-So
Bryce Thompson, 6'5 So
Christian Braun, 6'6 Jr
David McCormack, 6'10 Sr

Most think Skyy Clark will ultimately re-classify into the 2021 class, which could give UK 3 PGs in the same class (Hickman, Clark, and good chance they land Sallis). That might be too crowded for Askew's liking.

I hope Anthony Harris is starting next year for UNC instead of Leaky. Probably won't though.

Duke
Jeremy Roach, 6'1 So
DJ Steward, 6'2 So
AJ Griffin, 6'7 Fr
Patrick Baldwin, 6'9 Fr
Paolo Banchero, 6'9 Fr

North Carolina
Caleb Love, 6'4 So
RJ Davis, 6'0 So
Leaky Black, 6'8 Sr
Armando Bacot, 6'10 Jr
Day'Ron Sharpe, 6'11 So

Kentucky
Devin Askew, 6'3 So
Hunter Sallis, 6'5 Fr
Keion Brooks, 6'7 Jr
Daimion Collins, 6'9 Fr
Isaiah Jackson, 6'10 So

Kansas:
Dajuan Harris, 6'1 R-So
Bryce Thompson, 6'5 So
Christian Braun, 6'6 Jr
David McCormack, 6'10 Sr

McCormack must be 30 years old by now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT