ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Stevens OUT as Celtics head coach

Kevin Bryan

Apr 30, 2011
Ainge is stepping down and Stevens is moving into a full-time executive front office position. This is for all you chodes that think he'll ever voluntarily come back to college basketball. 😆

But, but, but, It's Indiana. It's Indiana.

aUxh72.gif

Not gonna lie, part of me always had a glimmer of hope he would take over for Cal. But that was squashed after reading this news. He's locked into the NBA for good.

Guy played taking butler to two title games into a front office nba gig for the Boston Celtics. Gotta give him credit.
A lot of people seemed to have their fingers crossed for a Fred Hoiberg situation. That was never going to happen.

word is that Kidd and Lloyd Pierce are candidates for HC. I will laugh my ass off if those dummies hire Pierce.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Dude is set. There was no way he was coming back to coach cbb. I don’t blame him either.

hmmmm we are told by nba media how coaching in the nba is soooo much better than college, yet in the last 15 months two former prominent college coaches have resigned because they are burnt out...........

Hey Brad, you have over $50 million in the bank, any interest in spending your summers traveling the country kissing the asses of AAU kids, parents, handlers, agents and coaches?
Lol the assistants do that stuff, people vastly over state the amount of recruiting prominent college hc's do. If it was that bad self, few, k, williams, beard, calipari, izzo,wright etc. would have left a long time ago for nba jobs.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
hmmmm we are told by nba media how coaching in the nba is soooo much better than college, yet in the last 15 months two former prominent college coaches have resigned because they are burnt out...........
I mean, Juwan is an NBA guy. I think he would know what he’s getting into more than some other college coaches. He has NBA experience.

I mean, Juwan is an NBA guy. I think he would know what he’s getting into more than some other college coaches. He has NBA experience.

Juwan may go to the nba, iam just stating this narrative that nba media tries to pass off that coaching in the nba is so much better than college is a myth.

Reactions: MGC_07
Juwan may go to the nba, iam just stating this narrative that nba media tries to pass off that coaching in the nba is so much better than college is a myth.
It's a myth because Stevens took a front office NBA job over going to Indiana?

It's a myth because Stevens took a front office NBA job over going to Indiana?
guys at the top of cbb rarely leave for the nba and vice versa, they are both great gigs, one isnt way better than the other like nba types try to say

Lolno. How many guys actually offered nba jobs have turned them down? I think Cal did. K did 20 years ago. Not many more than that.

Lolno. How many guys actually offered nba jobs have turned them down? I think Cal did. K did 20 years ago. Not many more than that.
Cal, k, izzo, wright, self, bennett, few, donovan(few times before going) have all turned down nba jobs, in many cases multiple.

Last edited:
guys at the top of cbb rarely leave for the nba and vice versa, they are both great gigs, one isnt way better than the other like nba types try to say
It doesn't happen too often but not because it's not an easier job. Some of the top names that get thrown out are typically older, already established, and do minimal recruiting while being paid better. Also comes down to personal preference most of the time.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It doesn't happen too often but not because it's not an easier job. Some of the top names that get thrown out are typically older, already established, and do minimal recruiting while being paid better. Also comes down to personal preference most of the time.

Agree,its personal preference but theres not some overall theme that ones better than the other(or way better like nba folks say) is my main point. They both have advantages and disadvantages and overall are about equal, it comes down to what the coach values.

Agree,its personal preference but theres not some overall theme that ones better than the other(or way better like nba folks say) is my main point. They both have advantages and disadvantages and overall are about equal, it comes down to what the coach values.
The main theme has always been that coaching in the NBA gives coaches more time off. There's less flying to a gym in the middle of no where to show some 16year old you care rather then spending time with your family. Like I said the top coaches don't have to do that as much. It's why you see more of the up and coming coaches who are coveted that make the jump more so than the coach k, cal, etc.

The main theme has always been that coaching in the NBA gives coaches more time off. There's less flying to a gym in the middle of no where to show some 16year old you care rather then spending time with your family. Like I said the top coaches don't have to do that as much. It's why you see more of the up and coming coaches who are coveted that make the jump more so than the coach k, cal, etc.
Yes and on the other end, the nba schedule is so much longer and the travel is schedule is absolutely brutal. Positives and negatives to both.

Yes and on the other end, the nba schedule is so much longer and the travel is schedule is absolutely brutal. Positives and negatives to both.
But there's an off season. When it's the off season in the NBA they spend time with family, vacation, etc. College coaches recruit, do summer workouts, etc. College coaches worry about kids getting in trouble, who they're hanging around, what they're doing, families, handlers, etc. NBA coaches worry about coaching, that's it. You can try to convince yourself if it makes you feel better about Howard but it's not true.

But there's an off season. When it's the off season in the NBA they spend time with family, vacation, etc. College coaches recruit, do summer workouts, etc. College coaches worry about kids getting in trouble, who they're hanging around, what they're doing, families, handlers, etc. NBA coaches worry about coaching, that's it. You can try to convince yourself if it makes you feel better about Howard but it's not true.
These same things exist in the nba. NBA coaches absolutely do not just coach, beilein found that out fast. NBA players have huge posses(girls, handlers, agents, friends), curfew issues etc. you have to deal with. Yes the off season is longer but hell juwan was pretty much in miami for the entire month of may.

These same things exist in the nba. NBA coaches absolutely do not just coach, beilein found that out fast. NBA players have huge posses(girls, handlers, agents, friends), curfew issues etc. you have to deal with. Yes the off season is longer but hell juwan was pretty much in miami for the entire month of may.

Actually no they do not. It's a professional league. They don't care what they do outside of basketball, just show up and do your job. Why in the world don't more NBA coaches leave for college jobs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT