ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology 3/5

JayhawkWriter

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2016
If Joey brackets is correct with the current bracket (which he’s never right on who plays whom), you might as well put Kansas in the final four.
Des Moines they would play a 16 and either Missouri (whom they destroyed on their home court) or Memphis for a chance to play in kansas city
Kc the top seeds would be Indiana (already beat) and Marquette or Arizona. Neither of those three are beating Kansas in Kansas.

His brackets are horrible. UK probably a 6th or even 5th seed when its said and done. And very likely 9 sec teams make the dance. Right now we're a 7 seed, Duke a 6 seed lol.

I wouldn't mind playing WVU and Purdue. Purdue has an awesome center but UK is more talented at the other 4. If we play Purdue in round 2, I think they got screwed lol

The projected top seeds would be #4 Indiana, #3 Marquette and #2 Arizona. None of those three are beating Kansas in Kansas City.
Odds definitely favor KU but TCU won in Phog by 23 so it’s far from impossible

We are beatable for sure. We aren’t good enough to take a night off on defense and with our effort. If we play hard and play well defensively then we will be in any game.

How on earth is Wisconsin considered in at this point? Their computer numbers are horrible. Their resume looks a lot like the worst team in the Big 12 (OU), but noticeably worse. Can someone help explain what I’m missing?

Also, Providence looks like they should be at risk of being left out, but he has them as an 8 seed. Nothing about Providence’s resume looks better than Oklahoma State’s, who is in his first four out.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
The projected top seeds would be #4 Indiana, #3 Marquette and #2 Arizona. None of those three are beating Kansas in Kansas City.
Arizona is really good, and has a dude named Ballo, than KU has no answer for...

As for my Hoosiers? Meh....Who knows. We did lose our starting PG early in the game vs Kansas, so maybe that makes a difference---maybe not. I dunno. PLus, IU could not throw it in the ocean thaat night---Who knows, maybe in a rematch they can?

Kansas is good---and has as good of a shot as anyone. But there is no team this year that is gonna cakewalk to the FF....Just way, way to much parity.

How on earth is Wisconsin considered in at this point? Their computer numbers are horrible. Their resume looks a lot like the worst team in the Big 12 (OU), but noticeably worse. Can someone help explain what I’m missing?

Also, Providence looks like they should be at risk of being left out, but he has them as an 8 seed. Nothing about Providence’s resume looks better than Oklahoma State’s, who is in his first four out.
Because the committee wants to put the entire Big 10 in even though they'll shit the bed, as usual.

Arizona is really good, and has a dude named Ballo, than KU has no answer for...

As for my Hoosiers? Meh....Who knows. We did lose our starting PG early in the game vs Kansas, so maybe that makes a difference---maybe not. I dunno. PLus, IU could not throw it in the ocean thaat night---Who knows, maybe in a rematch they can?

Kansas is good---and has as good of a shot as anyone. But there is no team this year that is gonna cakewalk to the FF....Just way, way to much parity.
Feel like Ballo hit a wall in February and hasn't been the same player since. If he's healthy and playing well, I think Arizona would have a chance against Kansas but he hasn't been that dominant inside presense in awhile.

I think if KU loses in the Big 12 tournament and Houston wins the AAC, the Cougars would be the #1 Overall Seed and get slotted in Kansas City.

Reactions: JayhawkWriter
I think if KU loses in the Big 12 tournament and Houston wins the AAC, the Cougars would be the #1 Overall Seed and get slotted in Kansas City.
Agree. F they both win out Kansas’s resume would be too hard not to give them the overall 1. If they both lose or if Houston wins out and Kansas doesn’t, I could see the committee giving it to Houston.

Reactions: bignish
Agree. F they both win out Kansas’s resume would be too hard not to give them the overall 1. If they both lose or if Houston wins out and Kansas doesn’t, I could see the committee giving it to Houston.
I think it depends.....Say KU loses 1st round to TTU/WVU---and Houston wins out. I could see Houston getting the overall #1...But if Kansas loses to Baylor/ISU---I don't see them dropping.

IMO it should be an absolute done deal....No one is even close to KU's resume.

We are beatable for sure. We aren’t good enough to take a night off on defense and with our effort. If we play hard and play well defensively then we will be in any game.

To me that’s the story with so many teams this year. No one has been consistently good aside from Houston but it’s also hard to tell who they are with that schedule.

So many teams seem equally likely to shit the bed early as to get hot for several games and make a run

Reactions: KUhawks34

Don't forget TJD playing at 65-70% health due to that nagging lower back injury he endured for that 6 week stretch.

I would like to see TJD have a Kansas rematch when his back is feeling well.

ADVERTISEMENT