ADVERTISEMENT

Booker finalizing 5-year, $158 mil max deal

I like Booker. Not sure what the relevance is here but I enjoy watching him play.

Your rebuttal is someone that hasn't played college basketball in over 34 years?

C’mon man.. who did Kentucky put in the NBA before 2009? Lol your best pro ever was probably Jamal Mashburn or close to that.

The Kentucky effect is the Calipari effect. There was no pro Kentucky effect before he got there.

And good for Booker. Kid is getting paid.

Last edited:
C’mon man.. who did Kentucky put in the NBA before 2009? Lol you’re best pro ever was probably Jamal Mashburn or close to that.

The Kentucky effect is the Calipari effect. There was no pro Kentucky effect before he got there.

And good for Booker. Kid is getting paid.
osh.gif

Rondo is a pretty good pro from before Calipari. Tayshaun Prince not a bad one. Dan Issel is a top ten all time NBA/ABA scorer and hall of famer. But yes, Mashburn was also a good player from the pre Calipari era.

Rondo is a pretty good pro from before Calipari. Tayshaun Prince not a bad one. Dan Issel is a top ten all time NBA/ABA scorer and hall of famer. But yes, Mashburn was also a good player from the pre Calipari era.
There's actually quite a few (UK leads all time # of NBA players, 3rd on # of NBA all stars(trails UNC,UCLA)), but I understand him trying to troll.

Calipari's level of and number of pros went up quite a bit after he got to Kentucky. He produced some pros sure, but put Calipari at Kentucky and you see why his coaching game has been elevated as well. #kentuckyeffect

Last edited:
There's actually quite a few (UK leads all time # of NBA players, 3rd on # of NBA all stars), but I understand him trying to troll.

Calipari's level of and number of pros went up quite a bit after he got to Kentucky. He produced some pros sure, but put Calipari at Kentucky and you see why his coaching game has been elevated as well. #kentuckyeffect

Not a troll. Calipari was going to do at Memphis what hes doing now at Kentucky. He was already well on his way when he made that move. He sells money and the nba and the dream of lifting up the players family. The school doesn’t matter. I could argue that he could do the same thing at ten schools not named Kentucky and the hashtag would be #universityaffect. Calipari is amazing at getting lottery picks to choose Kentucky.. Anbe doing that at several different schools.

He sells path to NBA to get to your second contract as quickly as possible and building your brand. Calipari can make that same pitch at many schools and achieve the same success. Take Cal away from Kentucky and the Pro record there is very average compared to other power programs. Kentucky is just the current stairstep for lotto picks to spend four months before declaring. They’re getting fantastic coaching, awesome facilities , marketing, etc just like they would almost anywhere else. Again, not a bad thing. hell, enjoy it.

Last edited:
Not a troll. Calipari was going to do at Memphis what hes doing now at Kentucky. He was already well on his way when he made that move. He sells money and the nba and the dream of lifting up the players family. The school doesn’t matter. I could argue that he could do the same thing at ten schools not named Kentucky and the hashtag would be #universityaffect. Calipari is amazing at getting lottery picks to choose Kentucky.. it’s not a bad thing, just reality. He could be doing that at several different schools.

He sells path to NBA to get to your second contract as quickly as possible and building your brand. Calipari can make that same pitch at many schools and achieve the same success. Take Cal away from Kentucky and the Pro record there is very average compared to other power programs. Kentucky is just the current stairstep for lotto picks to spend four months before declaring. They’re getting fantastic coaching, awesome facilities , marketing, etc. It’s not a bad thing, hell, enjoy it.

OK. My bad on the troll comment, but your post is hypothetical. He wasn't at his previous stops. He never had more than one OAD @ Memphis. He MIGHT have at other schools (again just an opinion), but he IS doing it at UK with the help of the platform and resources UK provides.

Also, I am enjoying it thanks. :D

There's actually quite a few (UK leads all time # of NBA players, 3rd on # of NBA all stars(trails UNC,UCLA)), but I understand him trying to troll.

Too bad that #kentuckyeffect doesn’t equal #championshipeffect

OK. My bad on the troll comment, but your post is hypothetical. He wasn't at his previous stops. He never had more than one OAD @ Memphis. He MIGHT have at other schools (again just an opinion), but he IS doing it at UK with the help of the platform and resources UK provides.

Also, I am enjoying it thanks. :D

He had more than one one and done at Memphis. Not sure how old you are.. And he had multiple about to commit to Memphis when he left. He was going to recruit multiple one and dones to Memphis every year just like he is now at UK. The UK “effect” is 100 percent Cal pitching players who would be lotto picks, almost anywhere, to come to UK as a pit stop to the NBA. Kentucky doesn’t produce lottery picks.. Lottery picks choose UK... because of Cal’s NBA/Money pitch.

If there was a “Kentucky effect” we would have noticed it in the 80 years before Cal got to UK. Similar to dukes “Brotherhood” the UK effect is a nice marketing hashtag, but that’s it.

He had more than one one and done at Memphis. Not sure how old you are.. And he had multiple about to commit to Memphis when he left. He was going to recruit multiple one and dones to Memphis every year just like he is now at UK. The UK “effect” is 100 percent Cal pitching players who would be lotto picks, almost anywhere, to come to UK as a pit stop to the NBA. Kentucky doesn’t produce lottery picks.. Lottery picks choose UK... because of Cal’s NBA/Money pitch.

If there was a “Kentucky effect” we would have noticed it in the 80 years before Cal got to UK. Similar to dukes “Brotherhood” the UK effect is a nice marketing hashtag, but that’s it.
He never had more than one on single team. I thought you'd pick that up.

I don't need to address opinions and hypotheticals or we'd be here all day. You believe what you want, and I'll just stick with facts.

Happy 4th.

One last thing/fact. Prior to Calipari at UK, UK had 4 coaches with titles. #kentuckyeffect

He never had more than one on single team. I thought you'd pick that up.

I don't need to address opinions and hypotheticals or we'd be here all day. You believe what you want, and I'll just stick with facts.

Happy 4th.

One last thing/fact. Prior to Calipari at UK, UK had 4 coaches with titles. #kentuckyeffect

Lol Hey man, I’m just going on what you posted. You said he never had more than one one and done player at Memphis. That’s actually what you typed above. Pretty black and white... and incorrect.

And is the Kentucky effect measured by college basketball titles? That was a fun fact, and while impressive, I’m not sure what some old titles have to do with lottery picks of the last nine years signing max contracts today. Certainly they have nothing to do with Calipari effect we are discussing.

You seem confused at this point. we should probably let this go now.

Enjoy your fourth, my friend.

Lol Hey man, I’m just going on what you posted. You said he never had more than one one and done player at Memphis. That’s actually what you typed above. Pretty black and white... and incorrect.

And is the Kentucky effect measured by college basketball titles? That was a fun fact, and while impressive, I’m not sure what some old titles have to do with lottery picks of the last nine years signing max contracts today. Certainly they have nothing to do with Calipari effect we are discussing.

You seem confused at this point. we should probably let this go now.

Enjoy your fourth, my friend.
I understand you're new here, but I live in Memphis and well aware of his time here. Anyway, I'm not sure why you felt the need to try and spin/discredit in the first place, but agree to let this go.

Guess we'll talk in the next #kentuckyeffect thread. ;)

Last edited:
I understand you're new here, but I live in Memphis and well aware of his time here. Anyway, I'm not sure why you felt the need to try and spin/discredit in the first place, but agree to let this go.

Guess we'll talk in the next #kentuckyeffect thread. ;)

Bwahhh.. No one here is spinning anything but you. A simple read through the thread shows that much.

And I’m definitely not new here. You think that based on what? My post count? Not how that works man.

Last edited:
Bwahhh.. No one here is spinning anything but you. A simple read through the thread shows that much.

And I’m definitely not new here. You think that based on what? My post count? Not how that works man.
Haha. Your join date. Anyhow. This was fun. The #kentuckyeffect applies to message boards as well.

How come boogie only got 5m RollLaugh?
How much would you offer a dude with a ruptured achilles that won't even see a basketball court again until halfway through the season? He turned down a 2 year, $40 million offer from the Pelicans even after the injury.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
How much would you offer a dude with a ruptured achilles that won't even see a basketball court again until halfway through the season? He turned down a 2 year, $40 million offer from the Pelicans even after the injury.

It was a joke. You saw my post about Achilles injuries and their chances of returning to their prior form.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT