ADVERTISEMENT

Boeheim. Retire already

His wife keeps him going.

main_image.jpg

I find in interesting that Boeheim has his son playing for him, while Coach K has his grandson playing for him. And Boeheim is a little older.

What happened to the Georgetown thread with all of the players departing? Couldn't find it anywhere. At one point I mentioned Georgetown might actually be better without Akinjo, because, well, losing a high-volume shooter that can't shoot, can actually be very beneficial. Jim Boeheim agrees with me. Just found this quote today. Kind of funny...

"They got rid of a guy that wouldn't pass the ball to anybody and just shot it every time, and that's why they're good now," Boeheim said about the rush of recent transfers, apparently throwing shade at transferring lead guard James Akinjo. "Patrick [Ewing] can't say that but I can. He lost two games for them by himself."

Reactions: brooky03
What happened to the Georgetown thread with all of the players departing? Couldn't find it anywhere. At one point I mentioned Georgetown might actually be better without Akinjo, because, well, losing a high-volume shooter that can't shoot, can actually be very beneficial. Jim Boeheim agrees with me. Just found this quote today. Kind of funny...

"They got rid of a guy that wouldn't pass the ball to anybody and just shot it every time, and that's why they're good now," Boeheim said about the rush of recent transfers, apparently throwing shade at transferring lead guard James Akinjo. "Patrick [Ewing] can't say that but I can. He lost two games for them by himself."

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/georgetown-takes-a-big-hit.905686/

Reactions: dukedevilz
Regarding Boeheim..

Don't care what their seed is Syracuse is a team you don't want to play in the tournament.

But I said this before. Syracuse was Big East basketball.
They may not have fallen as far as UCONN but they aren't the same in the ACC.

Will be a sad day if that program becomes irrelevant in CBB.
Anyone who appreciates good coaching and creating a team enjoys watching Jim Boeheim work

I just can’t get over the fact he’s so stubborn, he’d rather absolutely get his ass beat than switch out of the all mighty zone.

I remember uva torching cuse last year by seemingly 50 and I’m sitting there thinking does this old man seriously not understand u can’t zone a team with good shooters all over the court. Or is he just too stubborn to admit that the new “style” of basketball, with analytics and such where it’s basically anything but a layup or a three is a bad shot, that the zone plays right into the oppositions gameplan. Plus has to be hard to recruit high end recruits that know they are gonna have to learn the ins and outs of the 2-3 zone for one season before going to the nba and basically never using it again. (I Also had a problem with Pitinos matchup zone in the recruiting aspect, but damn it was a thing of Beauty when everyone was on the same page. I’ll also argue tooth and nail that pitinos matchup zone was more effective and just flat out better than boeheims standard 2-3, but that’s an argument for another thread.

Reactions: ColumbusCard21
I just can’t get over the fact he’s so stubborn, he’d rather absolutely get his ass beat than switch out of the all mighty zone.

I remember uva torching cuse last year by seemingly 50 and I’m sitting there thinking does this old man seriously not understand u can’t zone a team with good shooters all over the court. Or is he just too stubborn to admit that the new “style” of basketball, with analytics and such where it’s basically anything but a layup or a three is a bad shot, that the zone plays right into the oppositions gameplan. Plus has to be hard to recruit high end recruits that know they are gonna have to learn the ins and outs of the 2-3 zone for one season before going to the nba and basically never using it again. (I Also had a problem with Pitinos matchup zone in the recruiting aspect, but damn it was a thing of Beauty when everyone was on the same page. I’ll also argue tooth and nail that pitinos matchup zone was more effective and just flat out better than boeheims standard 2-3, but that’s an argument for another thread.
The defense is almost never the problem, and often very good. It's good because he teaches the zone and zone only. The last time they played man they lost to LeMoyne.

It is hard to recruit to the zone, though, and when you recruit players fit for the zone, they're often raw offensively.

Regarding this Syracuse team, they have a truly remarkable gap between Hughes and their second best player. It's just a limited roster.

Pitino learned the 2-3 from Boeheim and both are matchup zones. Pitino often had better players/athletes which is the difference.

ADVERTISEMENT