ADVERTISEMENT

BoD South Region- First Round #1 Kansas vs #16 NC Central

Who wins this South Regional 1st Round matchup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
Your closet, most likely......
#1 Kansas Jayhawks (28-3, 17-1)

lgo_ncaa_kansas_jayhawks

Big 12 (1st)
Off- 74.6 ppg / Def- 60.7 ppg
NCAA Appearances- 48 (Last: 2019)

Top Scorers:
Devon Dotson 18.1 ppg
Udoka Azubuike 13.7 ppg
Ochai Agbaji 10.0 ppg
Marcus Garrett 9.2 ppg
Isaiah Moss 7.9 ppg

#16 North Carolina Central Eagles (19-13, 13-3)

NCCU_Eagles_logo.png

MEAC (1st)
Conf. Tourney champs
Off- 69.7 ppg / Def- 66.0 ppg
NCAA Appearances- 4 (Last: 2019)

Top Scorers:
Jibri Blount 19.1 ppg
Randy Miller Jr. 14.3 ppg
C.J. Keyser 11.6 ppg
Deven Palmer 7.0 ppg
Jordan Perkins 6.8 ppg

The Jayhawks enter as the #1 overall seed in the Bracket of Doom, led by All-Americans Devon Dotson and Udoka Azubuike. Kansas is well-known for their explosive offense, 1st in the Big 12, and future-NBA playmakers, but don't be fooled. This team can defend as well, boasting a stingy defense that is top 10 in the nation, and allowing opponents to shoot just 37.7% from the field. That's good for 3rd out of 353 Division 1 teams. It's no wonder they would've been odds-on favorites in the NCAA Tournament.

The heavy underdog Eagles were voted through to the next round, but now get the unenviable task of being Kansas' sparring partner in this 1st Round matchup. If big man Jibri Blount (19.1 ppg) has anything to say about it, it's that the Eagles can look no further than just two years ago when UMBC shocked overall #1 Virginia, and ask, "Why not us?"

Gonna put this out there anyway. Below is a link to the South Region bracket. I'll update it later today once I combine all the results.

I apologize for some of the disjumbled pairings. I tried to get it organized to how it would look on a regular sports website, but it is what it is. This is also the best I could find for the limited time I spent looking if that tells you anything..................:D

South Region

ADVERTISEMENT