ADVERTISEMENT

Blueblood With Highest Chance of Becoming the Next IU?

Yet Another UK Fan

Aug 4, 2022
God’s Country
Team
Kentucky
We’re seeing 2 dealing with new coaches, 1 whose coach and AD are at odds causing strife at UK. KU is ok until it comes time to replace Self. Do you think any of those 4 will become another IU or are those 4 program fans and boosters just too passionate to ever let that happen?

We’re seeing 2 dealing with new coaches, 1 whose coach and AD are at odds causing strife at UK. KU is ok until it comes time to replace Self. Do you think any of those 4 will become another IU or are those 4 program fans and boosters just too passionate to ever let that happen?
I think you're only as good as your coach blueblood or not.

If I were to rank most likely to least likely:

1. UCLA - I know Mick has them in a good place but it will be interesting to see the impact of the transition to the B1G. On the football side, it didn't go well for Nebraska or Penn State, two elite programs who have been nowhere near as dominant as they were pre-transition. To a lesser extent, Maryland has taken a step down since joining the B1G on the basketball side.
  2. Duke - I actually think Scheyer will get it figured out but the reality is that Duke program is so identified with Coach K that they may never catch that lightning again.
  3. Kentucky - It's really hard to see this but they are the most like IU in terms of pressure and I truly believe the rabid fan base at IU has contributed to the revolving door of coaches since Knight was fired and that instability has kept them from returning to their prior heights outside of a token run by Crean.
  4. North Carolina - I think the only thing that can hurt them is the ACC becoming a shell of itself and it adversely impacting the league members. Plus, I could see UNC making a move to the B1G or SEC at some point and see my point with UCLA
  5. Kansas - I just don't ever see this happening. Allen Fieldhouse is such an advantage and the last time they didn't have a hall of fame coach patrolling the sidelines was in 1983 (and even that dude won 66% of his games and went to two Final Fours).

1. UCLA - I know Mick has them in a good place but it will be interesting to see the impact of the transition to the B1G. On the football side, it didn't go well for Nebraska or Penn State, two elite programs who have been nowhere near as dominant as they were pre-transition. To a lesser extent, Maryland has taken a step down since joining the B1G on the basketball side.
  2. Duke - I actually think Scheyer will get it figured out but the reality is that Duke program is so identified with Coach K that they may never catch that lightning again.
  3. Kentucky - It's really hard to see this but they are the most like IU in terms of pressure and I truly believe the rabid fan base at IU has contributed to the revolving door of coaches since Knight was fired and that instability has kept them from returning to their prior heights outside of a token run by Crean.
  4. North Carolina - I think the only thing that can hurt them is the ACC becoming a shell of itself and it adversely impacting the league members. Plus, I could see UNC making a move to the B1G or SEC at some point and see my point with UCLA
  5. Kansas - I just don't ever see this happening. Allen Fieldhouse is such an advantage and the last time they didn't have a hall of fame coach patrolling the sidelines was in 1983 (and even that dude won 66% of his games and went to two Final Fours).
I disagree on some of your points. Things change, Rabid fan bases can become lukewarm and kids don't care about ancient history. They are interested in the latest and greatest.

Yeah well f*** Kansas, how bout that?.............. :D

Kansas wouldn't **** you with the OP's dick. 😂
Meanwhile in Kansas..........

buffalo-bill.gif

Duke
UNC

Kentucky

I don't really think Kentucky will struggle. They'll fire and write checks until it's gotten right. UNC is a tricky one. The were similar last year to the year Davis took IU to the championship game. Avg regular season then caught fire in tournament. I think Duke and UNC are on a slippery slope. UK I think may stumble but they'll do what's necessary to get back up.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT