ADVERTISEMENT

Blue bloods will be dominating 22-23

Houston and Arky are in a lot of Preseason T5s. Creighton will also be loaded.

The elite programs are in good shape too. Do not underestimate the impact the Uber Driver from Northwestern will have on Duke.

It's looking like a monster year for the game overall. Storylines everywhere going in with probably a few out of nowhere too.

The elite programs are in good shape too. Do not underestimate the impact the Uber Driver from Northwestern will have on Duke.

It's looking like a monster year for the game overall. Storylines everywhere going in with probably a few out of nowhere too.
I think Arky is overrated thus far. Creighton returns 3 guys from a 9 seed and gets good mid major transfers and now top 5? Naw

Was surprised to see KU with the 3rd best odds to win it all. I wonder what they're projecting the roster to be.

Reactions: theetommyt
I think Arky is overrated thus far. Creighton returns 3 guys from a 9 seed and gets good mid major transfers and now top 5? Naw

You do realize that the team that just won it all was very similar to the team that got smoked by USC the year before?

Creighton was coming on pretty strong at the end of the year and they've got some really talented young players. They're going to be good.

I didn't say Creighton would be top 5. I said Houston and Arky are in some T5s and Creighton will be loaded. Creighton will probably begin the season between 5-10.

Creighton got arguably the #1 portal player, he was so good even KU wanted him. I'm not up to speed on the KU/Creighton thing is there some hate between the fans?

Arky may come down to what Williams decides to do with the NBA Draft.

They took you guys to the brink without two of their starters.

Trey Alexander was essentially a 6th starter. And he honestly might have the highest ceiling of all the returning players. Nembhard, Alexander, and Kaluma were all freshmen last year. Rising sophomores typically make the biggest jumps. And Kalkbrenner was one of the more efficient players in the country. Throw in one of the premier mid-major players in the country, and yes, it's easy to see why many are on board with Creighton being a top 5 team.

Could be! Looking forward to seeing how the roster shapes out. Trying not to set expectations too high.
Have not seen that transfer from Ill St, or S. Illinois whatever it was. Is he efficient from 3? Y'all might be adding more players this summer too right?

Have not seen that transfer from Ill St, or S. Illinois whatever it was. Is he efficient from 3? Y'all might be adding more players this summer too right?
He was 39% this past season on 6 attempts per game. Overall I expect the combo of Fredrick/Reeves to be better than Grady/Mintz. Cal is at 10 scholarship players right now with the addition of Thiero and he might just be content to roll with that. They really could use another true PG to back up Wheeler though. Wouldn't mind seeing another wing and big either, but doubt it happens. Will probably go into the season with 3 unused scholarships. :rolleyes: That's pretty typical of Cal. He will usually only take 10 or 11 scholarship guys. The only time since he's been at UK that he utilized all 13 was this past season, and that included Fredrick who was injured before the season started and Sharpe who didn't get to campus until the 2nd semester and also, obviously, didn't play. So, essentially he only had 11.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Kansas a distant 5th when comparing Blue starting rosters, imo.

Honestly, each has real questions.
However, they're all loaded with talent.
I wouldn't be surprised to see them all in the S16, or none.

(tho I'd be somewhat shocked if UNC doesn't make a nice run bc talent and experience at guard is incredibly valuable)

He was 39% this past season on 6 attempts per game. Overall I expect the combo of Fredrick/Reeves to be better than Grady/Mintz. Cal is at 10 scholarship players right now with the addition of Thiero and he might just be content to roll with that. They really could use another true PG to back up Wheeler though. Wouldn't mind seeing another wing and big either, but doubt it happens. Will probably go into the season with 3 unused scholarships. :rolleyes: That's pretty typical of Cal. He will usually only take 10 or 11 scholarship guys. The only time since he's been at UK that he utilized all 13 was this past season, and that included Fredrick who was injured before the season started and Sharpe who didn't get to campus until the 2nd semester and also, obviously, didn't play. So, essentially he only had 11.
Unless the returning guys show improvement in 3 point shooting, I think I’d want to add at least one more shooter. You don’t necessarily need a team of long range guys with the beast post game you’ll have, but I would question if there is enough. But I guess some of that depends on how good the freshmen are.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Wallace is very capable of running the point for UK. With him, Frederick and Reeves you have solid 3 point threats. Wallace also scores at all 3 levels and I believe Reeves is capable of that as well. Thiero is a nice back up to have for the 1 and 2 slots. Maybe 1 more big, but I think the roster is set.

i mean the 2022 final four had Kansas North Carolina & Duke...I would say the blue bloods did pretty good this year too
I think he just likes typing the word blueblood because it triggers people.

Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood!!! Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood. Blueblood

Hogs gonna finish what they started in the 90's. JWILL gonna be a huge loss, but tons of incoming FR talent combined with 5 transfers (4 bigs and 1 6-7). So we ultimately get much bigger and add 3 PGs.

Roster
6'4" Devo Davis
6'7" Kamani Johnson

Transfers
6'9" Brazille (Mizzou)
6'6" Council (WichSt)
6'9 Graham (AZST)
6'9" Makhi Mitchell (Rhode Island)
6'10" Makhel Mitchell (Rhode Island)

FR (rivals rank, which usually sucks)
6'7" Anthony Black (#27) McDAA
6'5" Nick Smith (#2) McDAA
6'7" Jordan Walsh (#24) McDAA
6'6" Joseph Pinion (#131)
6'6" Barry Dunning (#134)
6'3" Derrien Ford (#78)

Like any Muss team, gelling will be key. But by mid-conference no team will want any part of the Hogs.

I’m not sure about Duke being top 5. What’s their guard play gonna look like? Who are the shooters? How long will it take these freshmen to adjust to the physicality of the college game?

Blue bloods dominating doesn't sound like a monster year for the game overall. It sounds more like a systemic failure thanks to the new garbage transfer portal and NIL shenanigans, and more boring college football "good ole boys club" bullshit.

No thanks. Try again.

Blue bloods dominating doesn't sound like a monster year for the game overall. It sounds more like a systemic failure thanks to the new garbage transfer portal and NIL shenanigans, and more boring college football "good ole boys club" bullshit.

No thanks. Try again.
I am pessimistic like you EvilMonkey.

No thanks. Try again.

Blue bloods have dominated the preseason polls every year since you were born.

You said the game is a "systematic failure thanks to the new...." It's been a systematic failure your entire life, there isn't a new here. Status quo, at worst for you. No change.

As an Iowa fan you should be embracing the change in rules.
Lol, I think you're taking some things out of context, but let me be clear about one thing. NIL, and its ties with the current transfer portal setup, is f***ing trash and needs to go away, and I much rather prefer any point in time before the NCAA made the mistake of saying "here's NIL, do with it what you may, I wash my hands of it and take zero responsibility for what's to come."

So no, that's not status quo and that IS something new, and it can get f***ed and I'll kindly ask anyone that wants to tell me just to accept that this is just the way things are now and that we should just shrug our shoulders and be like oh well there's nothing that can be done anymore, to get f***ed as well, and step aside and let the non-incompetent adults fix this broken situation for the high school and college athletes, that was made by incompetent adults who ultimately caved into the kids that kept demanding and crying for ice cream and presents...............

Hope that helps going forward. :D

P.S. As an Iowa fan, I'll continue to support the idea that my school will (continue to) do things the right way........which is by not embracing the rule changes (and telling them to get f***ed, if and when at all possible ;))

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Lol, I think you're taking some things out of context, but let me be clear about one thing. NIL, and its ties with the current transfer portal setup, is f***ing trash and needs to go away, and I much rather prefer any point in time before the NCAA made the mistake of saying "here's NIL, do with it what you may, I wash my hands of it and take zero responsibility for what's to come."

So no, that's not status quo and that IS something new, and it can get f***ed and I'll kindly ask anyone that wants to tell me just to accept that this is just the way things are now and that we should just shrug our shoulders and be like oh well there's nothing that can be done anymore, to get f***ed as well, and step aside and let the non-incompetent adults fix this broken situation for the high school and college athletes, that was made by incompetent adults who ultimately caved into the kids that kept demanding and crying for ice cream and presents...............

Hope that helps going forward. :D

P.S. As an Iowa fan, I'll continue to support the idea that my school will (continue to) do things the right way........which is by not embracing the rule changes (and telling them to get f***ed, if and when at all possible ;))
It's always been corrupt. Status quo.

The SCOTUS drop kicked the con in the nuts.

Revenue and unionization up next.

The grift. It's over. I'm sorry.

Good luck.

It's always been corrupt. Status quo. (Status quo is corruption?.........Why legalize that? That sounds ass backwards. I'll pass.)

The SCOTUS drop kicked the con in the nuts. (No politics allowed)

Revenue and unionization up next.

The grift. It's over. I'm sorry.

Good luck.
I'd rather go back to the time where programs got in trouble for paying players/cheating to win. Seemed more fair........you seem to think otherwise. Sorry its not gonna work out the way you want it to, because the real adults are gonna step in and fix it. :)

Good luck to your team not getting caught in the wake.

I'd rather go back to the time where programs got in trouble for paying players/cheating to win. Seemed more fair........you seem to think otherwise. Sorry its not gonna work out the way you want it to, because the real adults are gonna step in and fix it. :)

Good luck to your team not getting caught in the wake.
You're talking some mythical stuff with your flashback. You left out the part where programs didn't get in trouble and the impact of shoe companies deciding what programs get the top players. You seem to be okay with that corruption because of something something reasons something.

I don't think you know how I want it to work out, but here's how it is working out.

The SCOTUS, i.e. - the real adults with the real power handed out a 9-0 ruling telling you what direction this is going. Those people in the robes agree on nothing yet unanimously sent their message that reached everyone, well almost everyone, not you. It's not going the way you want it to go and this is pretty obvious.

They have told the grifting NCAA and schools what they've been doing all these years was probably illegal and made it clear if the players return to court they are going to probably win some more. Those adults in the room that you think can fix all this know how to comprehend what that SCOTUS warned them so it seems unlikely they are going to have much power moving forward.

It's just over.

ADVERTISEMENT