ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Bloods will be dominating 2023-2024

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
UNC - has RJ Davis and Bacot back, getting rid of the crap players, good class coming in and will be hitting the portal
UK - #1 class coming in and losing 260 of wasted fat in Tshiebwe
KU - Will make the biggest portal slash of any team in the country
Duke - May have some dudes coming back with another great class
UCLA - Tyger and Jaquez still have eligibility boyz

@ThePhog08 to my hopes of having a good year.

kiss-of-death-god-father.gif

Tell me I am wrong

So far projections

Duke - Pre Season top 3 with this

Filipowski
Mitchell
Mgbako
Proctor
Roach

Bench

McCain
Stewart
Power
Blakes
Young

Kentucky Pre Season top 5

Bradshaw
Ware
Edwards
Reeves
Wagner

Collins
Dillingham
Thiero
Transfer
Transfer

Kansas Pre season top 10

Udeh
Ingram (stanford)
Battle ( Temple)
Elmarko
Harris

Zuby
McKnight
Johnson
KJ Adams
McDowell

Unc - Will be in top 25

Bacot
Transfer
Transfer
Wilcher/Trimble
RJ Davis

Trimble
High
Wojcik (Brown)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Tell me I am wrong

So far projections

Filipowski
Mitchell
Mgbako
Proctor
Roach

Bench

McCain
Stewart
Power
Blakes
Young

Bradshaw
Ware
Edwards
Reeves
Wagner

Collins
Dillingham
Thiero
Transfer
Transfer

Kansas Pre season top 10

Udeh
Ingram (stanford)
Battle ( Temple)
Elmarko
Harris

Zuby
McKnight
Johnson
KJ Adams
McDowell

Unc - Will be in top 25

Bacot
Transfer
Transfer
Wilcher/Trimble
RJ Davis

Trimble
High
Wojcik (Brown)

Are you just guessing on the KU transfers? From what I understand, Battle didn't even start at Temple. Although he played a ton of minutes. Not sure what was going on there.

I'm hearing there's a good chance that McCullar comes back if he can work out a solid NIL deal.

If I'm Self, I'm prioritizing shooting over anything else. His teams always round into form defensively. But if you're going to start Harris, McCullar, and Udeh/Adams, the other two starters better have shooting ability.

Tell me I am wrong

So far projections

Filipowski
Mitchell
Mgbako
Proctor
Roach

Bench

McCain
Stewart
Power
Blakes
Young

Bradshaw
Ware
Edwards
Reeves
Wagner

Collins
Dillingham
Thiero
Transfer
Transfer

Kansas Pre season top 10

Udeh
Ingram (stanford)
Battle ( Temple)
Elmarko
Harris

Zuby
McKnight
Johnson
KJ Adams
McDowell

Unc - Will be in top 25

Bacot
Transfer
Transfer
Wilcher/Trimble
RJ Davis

Trimble
High
Wojcik (Brown)
You're wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde

Filipowski
Mitchell
Mgbako
Proctor
Roach

Bench

McCain
Stewart
Power
Blakes
Young

I expect Roach to graduate, and because his draft stock ain't getting any better, most expect him to leave. But, there is a lot of chatter about Filipowski staying another year. This lineup could be preseason #1. You're looking at potentially 8 different 5-star kids on the team.

Starters
Tyrese Proctor
Caleb Foster
Mark Mitchell
Mackenzie Mgbako
Kyle Filipwoski

Bench, In Order of Minutes
Jared McCain
Ryan Young
Sean Stewart
TJ Power
Jaylen Blakes
Jaden Schutt

KU is going to do really well in the portal but I don’t think it’ll all the guys OP posted.

Reactions: KisteK
Kansas

Dickinson
KJ Adams
Mbako
Arterio Morris
Dejuan Harris

Natty
I think KJ starts but eventually Mgbako over takes.

Harris
Timberlake
Morris
Mgbako
Dickinson

Bench:
Jackson
KJ
Udeh
Marcus Adams

I think KJ starts but eventually Mgbako over takes.

Harris
Timberlake
Morris
Mgbako
Dickinson

Bench:
Jackson
KJ
Udeh
Marcus Adams
I think we want more size than playing 3 guards. But either way looks good

Kansas

Dickinson
KJ Adams
Mbako
Arterio Morris
Dejuan Harris

Natty
I'm trying to understand the optimism here. Dickinson was the featured player on a Michigan team last year with inconsistent shooting and failed to make the NCAAT. They had 2 1st Round picks on their squad too with Howard and Bufkin.

What makes you believe that KU is a title contender by adding Dickinson when you're losing your 2 best players and scorers from last year in Jalen Wilson and Gradey Dick. It looks like McCullar won't be back either.

Harris is a great defender and passer but he's a poor shooter. is Arterio Morris a good shooter? You guys got Chamberlain from Towson but who knows how that'll translate.

UK's CJ Fredrick, UK's Mintz, UK's Kellan Grady and Duke's Jacob Grandison all had reputations of being great shooters but had very little impact on their programs.

Do you think Harris Jr. becomes a reliable scorer? You"ll need more than Dickinson to be a Final 4 contender.

Kansas

Dickinson
KJ Adams
Mbako
Arterio Morris
Dejuan Harris

Natty

Calling Mgbako already? I'm expecting it to happen too, but it sounds like his parents want him to do his due diligence and follow through on visits to Louisville and Indiana.

Mgabko is raw though talented and a questionable shooter as well. I worry about KU's shooting and being able to space the floor.

I'm trying to understand the optimism here. Dickinson was the featured player on a Michigan team last year with inconsistent shooting and failed to make the NCAAT. They had 2 1st Round picks on their squad too with Howard and Bufkin.

What makes you believe that KU is a title contender by adding Dickinson when you're losing your 2 best players and scorers from last year in Jalen Wilson and Gradey Dick. It looks like McCullar won't be back either.

Harris is a great defender and passer but he's a poor shooter. is Arterio Morris a good shooter? You guys got Chamberlain from Towson but who knows how that'll translate.

UK's CJ Fredrick, UK's Mintz, UK's Kellan Grady and Duke's Jacob Grandison all had reputations of being great shooters but had very little impact on their programs.

Do you think Harris Jr. becomes a reliable scorer? You"ll need more than Dickinson to be a Final 4 contender.

Tell that to Torvik. Adding Dickinson alone takes them to #1, and Mgbako will probably soon follow.

If you think that Dickinson will be the only scorer, you haven't done your research. Timberlake was the best shooter in the portal, Morris is a very talented guard who can shoot, Elmarko Jackson is a Mcd AA, Marcus Adams Jr has exploded recently and is basically a more athletic Jalen Wilson (no, I'm not saying he'll be as good as Wilson as a freshman, or ever). And that's not even mentioning Mgbako or whoever else is added. Also, Harris and KJ Adams aren't exactly slouches. They averaged an efficient 9 ppg and 11 ppg last year. Harris has a reputation as a bad shooter, but he hits the open three reliably. Shot 41% from three.

I don't know a whole lot about the roster surrounding Dickinson at Michigan but I know they didn't have a PG who could run the offense, so the rest is somewhat irrelevant. They also don't have a guy named Self on the sideline.

Michigan didn't have bill self

Dickinson is an all american
Harris is the best pass first pg in college ball
Arterio Morris was the best pg in 2022 class but played behind upper classmen
Elmarko jackson started as a mcds aa this year
timberlake is a sharp shooter
KJ adams will only get better
Mbako is a top 10 freshman and IS coming to ku
ernest udeh is sophmore and will improve, was a mcds aa
we may even get another transfer outside of mbako

and BILL FREAKING SELF

Reactions: KUhawks34
Michigan didn't have bill self

Dickinson is an all american
Harris is the best pass first pg in college ball
Arterio Morris was the best pg in 2022 class but played behind upper classmen
Elmarko jackson started as a mcds aa this year
timberlake is a sharp shooter
KJ adams will only get better
Mbako is a top 10 freshman and IS coming to ku
ernest udeh is sophmore and will improve, was a mcds aa
we may even get another transfer outside of mbako

and BILL FREAKING SELF
A bunch of teams can make the same case and look even better on paper like UConn, Duke, Michigan St and Kentucky.

Kentucky has Tshiebwe potentially returning to go along with Ugo who will take a big leap and one of the best freshmen classes in recent memory (Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw and Dillingham).

UConn has Clingan returning who's a likely All-American next year along with a very solid starter in Andre Jackson, Karaban who should improve greatly, a proven PG in Newton and a stud freshman guard coming in Stephon Castle.

Duke is potentially returning 4 starters (depending on Roach) including 2 potential All-Americans in Proctor and Filipowski, an All-ACC wing in Mitchell and has a recruiting class with 4 top 20 5 stars (McCain, Foster, Power and Stewart). Likely will add an impact 5 in the portal too.

Sparty is returning maybe the best guard duo in college in Hoggard and Tyson Walker, adding the best center in frosh stud Xavier Booker, have a proven forward in Malik Hall and have 2 highly touted freshmen coming in with PG Fears and PF Coen.

If you think that Dickinson will be the only scorer, you haven't done your research. Timberlake was the best shooter in the portal, Morris is a very talented guard who can shoot, Elmarko Jackson is a Mcd AA, Marcus Adams Jr has exploded recently and is basically a more athletic Jalen Wilson (no, I'm not saying he'll be as good as Wilson as a freshman, or ever). And that's not even mentioning Mgbako or whoever else is added. Also, Harris and KJ Adams aren't exactly slouches. They averaged an efficient 9 ppg and 11 ppg last year. Harris has a reputation as a bad shooter, but he hits the open three reliably. Shot 41% from three.
Timberlake played at Towson bro, I"ll believe it when I see him light up Big 12 defenses which are on another level.

Harris only shot 60% from the FT line so that 3 point percentage seems like a sample size thing. He could certainly improve but he looked like a weak link for KU the last 2 years. He's a starting PG that averaged less than 10 PPG last year as a junior.

A bunch of teams can make the same case and look even better on paper like UConn, Duke, Michigan St and Kentucky.

Kentucky has Tshiebwe potentially returning to go along with Ugo who will take a big leap and one of the best freshmen classes in recent memory (Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw and Dillingham).

UConn has Clingan returning who's a likely All-American next year along with a very solid starter in Andre Jackson, Karaban who should improve greatly, a proven PG in Newton and a stud freshman guard coming in Stephon Castle.

Duke is potentially returning 4 starters (depending on Roach) including 2 potential All-Americans in Proctor and Filipowski, an All-ACC wing in Mitchell and has a recruiting class with 4 top 20 5 stars (McCain, Foster, Power and Stewart). Likely will add an impact 5 in the portal too.

Sparty is returning maybe the best guard duo in college in Hoggard and Tyson Walker, adding the best center in frosh stud Xavier Booker, have a proven forward in Malik Hall and have 2 highly touted freshmen coming in with PG Fears and PF Coen.

This morning, you said that no one's winning anything with Tschiebwe. Did you have lunch with him and teach him P&R defense? 🤣

This is not one of the best freshman classes in recent memory. All the recruiting experts say the opposite.

Jeff Goodman already has KU #1 and they haven't even gotten a commitment from Mgbako yet. Obviously there will be several really good teams. But as of today, I don't see UConn or Kentucky being quite at that level. We'll see who they add and/or bring back. And even if Duke's talent is comparable or better on paper (debatable), I like Self's chances vs Scheyer.

ADVERTISEMENT