ADVERTISEMENT

Blue bloods hiring guys “within the family”...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
It just dumb. Unc, Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, etc.

you should be hiring the best coach you can get. Just saw unc may interview Stackhouse? LoL vandy would gladly give him to you.

as much as I hate Alabama football let’s use them as an example. After bear Bryant’s dominate era came to an end they proceeded to hire 5 different coaches affiliated with the school previously instead of the best coach. They then were average for about 20 years. Unfortunately for the rest of college football in 2007 they stopped that crap and went and got the best out there and have now dominated since.

the names I am hearing unc could be interested in seem like a hot board for unc Asheville. Not unc chapel hill. Good lord

grew up an iU fan. I mean an iu guy that’s 63 with no college experience. Really?

It just dumb. Unc, Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, etc.

you should be hiring the best coach you can get. Just saw unc may interview Stackhouse? LoL vandy would gladly give him to you.

as much as I hate Alabama football let’s use them as an example. After bear Bryant’s dominate era came to an end they proceeded to hire 5 different coaches affiliated with the school previously instead of the best coach. They then were average for about 20 years. Unfortunately for the rest of college football in 2007 they stopped that crap and went and got the best out there and have now dominated since.

the names I am hearing unc could be interested in seem like a hot board for unc Asheville. Not unc chapel hill. Good lord

grew up an iU fan. I mean an iu guy that’s 63 with no college experience. Really?

Auburn being irrelevant in your life time has you a tad pissed off huh?

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Does Hubert Davis deserve a head coaching job ? Yea but not at UNC. If they choose Davis, stackhouse or wes miller over a Few, Wright, Bennett, they are stupid

Reactions: AuHoosier420
Auburn being irrelevant in your life time has you a tad pissed off huh?

Auburn Has been very relevant in my lifetime but If you want to discuss auburn you can start your own thread about auburn. Stay on topic of the thread or move along. As a unc fan you used be hoping for a much better interview list. Matt Doherty may look like a good coach after this

Auburn Has been very relevant in my lifetime but If you want to discuss auburn you can start your own thread about auburn. Stay on topic of the thread or move along. As a unc fan you used be hoping for a much better interview list. Matt Doherty may look like a good coach after this

You must be 10, if that.

Reactions: tw3301

Nothing wrong in granting interviews within the UNC family. If they happen to hire someone that doesn't have UNC ties most fans will be good with that.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
You must be 10, if that.

nah. Auburn basketball has one of the top 30 players of all time. Auburn made the elite 8 the yeaafter I was born actually in 86. Lost by 2 to eventual champ Louisville.
Did you know that auburn was a 1 seed in the 1999 ncaa Tournament? Made 3 sweet 16’s from 1999-2003. Lost by 1 point to Syracuse in 03 with Carmelo in the sweet 16.

Auburn has done far more in basketball than unc has donei. Football in my lifetime

Kentucky started looking for the best guy for the job after Joe Hall and the only person with UK roots thereafter was Tubby Smith (was on UK's staff for ONE year under Pitino).

We got what you are saying years ago - which is why we have 5 head coaches who have won national championships. Staying in the family is as antiquated as Cal's offense.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
Kentucky started looking for the best guy for the job after Joe Hall and the only person with UK roots thereafter was Tubby Smith (was on UK's staff for ONE year under Pitino).

We got what you are saying years ago - which is why we have 5 head coaches who have won national championships. Staying in the family is as antiquated as Cal's offense.
Agreed. I mean obviously when you have guy like Roy Williams out there it’s smart to keep it in family for unc but none of these other family guys have a resume like his

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
nah. Auburn basketball has one of the top 30 players of all time. Auburn made the elite 8 the yeaafter I was born actually in 86. Lost by 2 to eventual champ Louisville.
Did you know that auburn was a 1 seed in the 1999 ncaa Tournament? Made 3 sweet 16’s from 1999-2003. Lost by 1 point to Syracuse in 03 with Carmelo in the sweet 16.

Auburn has done far more in basketball than unc has donei. Football in my lifetime

UNC won a title in 93, 05, 09, and 17 in your lifetime. Auburn football can't come close to that.

UNC won a title in 93, 05, 09, and 17 in your lifetime. Auburn football can't come close to that.

auburn football went undefeated in 1993 And 2004. Also can claim a title in 1983 as well in football just for the record.

And this is a hoops forum skippy. That UVA game still has you shook up with you referencing football on a basketball board.

my a double dribbled. It’s the equivalent of Chris Webber of Michigan not being given a tech for taking timeout he didn’t have

Let me know when Pearl develops an entire fake academic program. Roy Williams is much dirtier than Pearl. He just got protected

That UVA game got you fvcked up big time. Maybe if you try real hard you can actually dream it and Auburn wins so the sting won't be that bad, till you wake up and reality sets in.

That UVA game got you fvcked up big time. Maybe if you try real hard you can actually dream it and Auburn wins and the sting won't be that bad, till you wake up and reality sets in.
Just facts my man. Unc basketball is protected. You know it best.

Does Hubert Davis deserve a head coaching job ? Yea but not at UNC. If they choose Davis, stackhouse or wes miller over a Few, Wright, Bennett, they are stupid
Few and Wright aren't going anywhere anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT