ADVERTISEMENT

Blind Resume - Pick a Team

With resumes that close, maybe the will consider head to head. Do we know if these teams played at all?

With resumes that close, maybe the will consider head to head. Do we know if these teams played at all?

Team B is 2-0 vs Team A with a double digit win on the road at Team A and another double digit win on a neutral court vs Team A.

Lmao wrong. Team A is MSU & Team B is Michigan.

Ah.

A key fact you omitted though are losses...losses matter. MSU is like Bama in football--not many high quality wins, but zero losses to non tourney teams.

After UM won Sunday, I thought it would be 50-50 come tourney time who would be higher on the seed line between UM and MSU.
From what we have seen from the committee, I thought a 4 seed would be more probable than a 2 at this point. But MSU is #6 in Kenpom and the committee said they will use metrics like that more heavily also.

Who knows. All I want is to play in Detroit first and second round, don't care if we are a 2 3 or 4.

Neither MSU or UM have a quadrant 3 or 4 loss--which is supposed to be as important to the committee as getting those top quadrant wins.

They both look like 3 seeds to me.

I hope Michigan gets a 3 seed in Purdue’s bracket if they get a 2. Beilein is out of Painters league when it comes to prepping in tournaments.
Michigan is quite possibly the last team I want to face in the tournament. Even though we beat you two out of three this year, the personnel challenges are significant and much more important than coaching IMO.

The good news is that because the teams played each other three times, we cannot meet prior to a Regional Final. I would expect the two teams to be in different regions.

Knowing nothing else, and replying to the question of who "should" have a higher seed, we have only 1 piece of non-garbage information: the KenPom rating. The rest is RPI-based, which is truly a blind test. The answer of who "will" have a higher seed will incorporate trash, i.e. RPI, so Team B wins easily.

The BIG is only getting 4 teams in so I’d imagine you’d all be in separate regions lol.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I hope Michigan gets a 3 seed in Purdue’s bracket if they get a 2. Beilein is out of Painters league when it comes to prepping in tournaments.

MSU, PU, and UM will be in different regions.

Saw a. bracket projection that had UM the 3 out West with UNC as the 2 and KU the 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT