ADVERTISEMENT

Bj Boston is now a wildcat

Last time I checked, UVA won the title. Let us all know when the rules state losing to a 16 seed is going to determine what you do the following year.
Losing to a 16 seed has nothing to do with the following year. It has to do with a lifetime of hearing about you being the only 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 seed. That one championship will be forgotten soon but that loss to a 16 seed will never be forgotten.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Lol, I was actually referring to 2017, but you would of beat us in 2018 also. I guess I should thank umbc

We were a garbage 5 seed in 2017. Don’t think we would have beat you down in 2017. Plus, we were on opposite sides of the bracket.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Losing to a 16 seed has nothing to do with the following year. It has to do with a lifetime of hearing about you being the only 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 seed. That one championship will be forgotten soon but that loss to a 16 seed will never be forgotten.

I’ll lose to another 16 this year if it means Bennett gets another championship in 2021. Couldn’t give a damn what outsiders remember or not.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Your point? It's a trio race between 2 known cheating schools and 1 supposedly clean school. If he goes to Kentucky, there's only one explanation Laughing Slater is usually right. If he thought something different now, he'd tweet about it. He's had plenty of chances to do so, especially when he talked about Uk, LSU, and Oregon watching Dante early July.
Sounds like you've got it figured out. Laughing

I’ll lose to another 16 this year if it means Bennett gets another championship in 2021. Couldn’t give a damn what outsiders remember or not.
UVA will have to be another 1 seed for that to happen and they will not come anywhere close to a 1 seed this year.

Championships aren’t forgotten. The titles that UK won back when gas was 8 cents aren’t forgotten because they still count and plus you’ll remind us every now and then. So you’re telling me if UK lost to a 16 seed in 2020 only to win it in 2021 you wouldn’t be down for that because people will still talk about 2020?? You’re worried about perception in losing versus winning. If that happened to UNC I’ll take that all day. What UVA did was nothing short of remarkable and that took a lot off the sting they endured the year before.

UVA will have to be another 1 seed for that to happen and they will not come anywhere close to a 1 seed this year.

For once, you are probably right. I'll enjoy a pressure free year after winning a title.

For once, you are probably right. I'll enjoy a pressure free year after winning a title.
We finally agree on something. Sometimes when we expect little is when we get more than expected. UVA will be better than most expect. With Bennett as coach he gets the best out of his players. Expect the unexpected.

Reactions: jhmossy
Guess he was jealous of Memphis?

This is what cracks me up about the self-righteous Calipari apologists. 90% were exactly like this guy. Pointing the finger in his direction til the day he was hired. Laughing

The devil's in the details, and when there are gray areas and (especially) gaps in knowledge, people fill those in with assumptions (whether known to be assumptions or not) that support their view. Really, we don't know much about what supposedly goes on in recruiting, even in situations with FBI wiretaps, so there's a lot for people to fill in. In such a situation, it would be surprising (if not irrational) for people not to change their minds; they're fans, not objective and rational actors.

Do you think Cal has the record for the most 5 stars to not win a championship?

I think you'll be able to add this Boston kid to the list.

Edit: At first I was just thinking college championships but this would also probably apply at the NBA level LMAO

5*, as used here, is nothing but a very crude proxy for playing winning basketball (i.e. this is the misuse of "talent" sans the word itself). And we know that playing winning basketball is affected by many other factors than those taken into account in star rankings of high school players, such as experience, continuity, skill, conditioning, etc... so this exercise would be good to measure exactly what it states, but largely irrelevant to the implied argument.

Put another way, you don't look your best when you're echoing Mr. Baracus's posts.

Reactions: kl40504 and jhmossy
5*, as used here, is nothing but a very crude proxy for playing winning basketball (i.e. this is the misuse of "talent" sans the word itself). And we know that playing winning basketball is affected by many other factors than those taken into account in star rankings of high school players, such as experience, continuity, skill, conditioning, etc... so this exercise would be good to measure exactly what it states, but largely irrelevant to the implied argument.

Put another way, you don't look your best when you're echoing Mr. Baracus's posts.

That's a long winded way of answering yes to my original question

The devil's in the details, and when there are gray areas and (especially) gaps in knowledge, people fill those in with assumptions (whether known to be assumptions or not) that support their view. Really, we don't know much about what supposedly goes on in recruiting, even in situations with FBI wiretaps, so there's a lot for people to fill in. In such a situation, it would be surprising (if not irrational) for people not to change their minds; they're fans, not objective and rational actors.

None of us know any more or less about Calipari or his recruiting tactics than we did while he was at Memphis.

But yes, the 180 was no shock.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
None of us know any more or less about Calipari or his recruiting tactics than we did while he was at Memphis.

But yes, the 180 was no shock.

the same can be said of Self or any other coach

please enlighten everyone on this board how Cal broke NCAA rules while he was at Memphis
please facts only, not your deranged opinion

Reactions: kl40504
Your point? Do you kno how many UL fans trashed Pitino before he became the U6 coach??? Do you remember what UNc fans said about Roy when he said “I don’t give a damn about UNc”??? Do you remember any of that???
Oh, but that's different. o_O

Reactions: kl40504
the same can be said of Self or any other coach

please enlighten everyone on this board how Cal broke NCAA rules while he was at Memphis
please facts only, not your deranged opinion

So KU fans pulled a 180 in regard to Self? Don’t remember that.

None of you needed facts to judge Calipari during his Memphis days. Which was the whole point.

I don’t. But for some reason, Kentucky fans certainly did circa 2009. Why was that?
Jealousy and ignorance. Sound familiar?

..and you clearly have a hard on for Calipari and/or UK. Why else would you focus on them so much? I was talking to someone last night that was neither a KU or UK fan and we both had a good laugh at your expense. You're clearly a fart smeller...smart feller and why do you dumb down your posts with an obsession? We don't get it. Just talk about bball without the agenda.You're not convincing anyone of anything other than telling on yourself.

Fine, keep bring up UK in threads like Big Ten attendance. :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: kl40504 and kyjeff1

..and you clearly have a hard on for Calipari and/or UK. Why else would you focus on them so much? I was talking to someone last night that was neither a KU or UK fan and we both had a good laugh at your expense. You're clearly a fart smeller...smart feller and why do you dumb down your posts with an obsession? We don't get it. Just talk about bball without the agenda.You're not convincing anyone of anything other than telling on yourself.

Big Ten attendance? Can't believe the numbers would be that high to watch rock fights.

Rupp is very relevant when talking about the correlation between noise level and attendance.

I've never even denied that I jab at Kentucky more than any other single program. But it's blown way out of proportion. I think the perception mainly comes from the absurd multi-pagers with Jeff and a few others. The difference is that they're a lot touchier than the average Duke/UNC fan.

Last edited:
You also said you weren't old enough to remember UK's title run in '12 and barely UL's. Winking

That is correct. Only thing I remember from our title game is Luke hitting 4 threes in the first half. Do not remember an ounce of the 2nd half.

I don’t remember Uk 2012 at all.

That is correct. Only thing I remember from our title game is Luke hitting 4 threes in the first half. Do not remember an ounce of the 2nd half.

I don’t remember Uk 2012 at all.

How old were you then?

Rupp is very relevant when talking about the correlation between noise level and attendance.

I've never even denied that I jab at Kentucky more than any other single program. But it's blown way out of proportion. I think the perception mainly comes from the absurd multi-pagers with Jeff and a few others. The difference is that they're a lot touchier than the average Duke/UNC fan.

your jealousy and envy towards UK is unhealthy
not to mention your trolling needs a lot of work

Last edited:
your jealousy and envy towards UK is unhealthy
not to mention your trolling needs a lot of work

By that logic, most of your fanbase has an unhealthy jealousy of UNC, Duke, Louisville, KU, Tennessee and about half of division 1.

Mr jealous.

Well, let's see...I wouldn't trade coaches, venues, locations, fanbases, or success in the modern era. Only thing I'd be jealous of is those titles from the 40s and 50s. Not something I waste energy on very frequently.

coaches- UK has had better. 5 won titles.
venues- Meh.... AFH is cool, I guess. The chant is pretty queer though.
locations- KY over Kansas every day and twice on Sundays.
fanbases- UK's dwindles KU's as it does all others.
or success in the modern era.- UK- More wins, 2012- w/title on the line.

coaches- UK has had better. 5 won titles.
venues- Meh.... AFH is cool, I guess. The chant is pretty queer though.
locations- KY over Kansas every day and twice on Sundays.
fanbases- UK's dwindles KU's as it does all others.
or success in the modern era.- UK- More wins, 2012- w/title on the line.

Current coaches.

I see no reason to trade Lawrence/KC for Lexington.

UK’s fanbase has actually made KU’s fanbase smaller? Weird. Wasn’t referring to size anyway.

More wins in the modern era? No...about a hundred fewer.

Current coaches.
With the title on the line- Cal 1, Toupee 0.

I see no reason to trade Lawrence/KC for Lexington.
...Lawrence, as well as most of Kansas..... shitty weather. Tries very hard to equal the Arizona heat in the Summer, Alaskan temps in the winter.

UK’s fanbase has actually made KU’s fanbase smaller? Weird. Wasn’t referring to size anyway.
UK fanbase.... biggest there is. Internet traffic on RR alone should tell you that.

More wins in the modern era? No...about a hundred fewer.

...and yet UK still looking down on KU from the top of the wins list.

I said I wasn't referring to size.

I'm not worried about weather extremes. I'm used to it.

Toupee is 1-1 in title games vs Cal. Not sure Bob Knight in his prime would have won the second one.

And get it right...it's plugs.

Well, let's see...I wouldn't trade coaches, venues, locations, fanbases, or success in the modern era. Only thing I'd be jealous of is those titles from the 40s and 50s. Not something I waste energy on very frequently.
Well Kansas does have a couple Helms titles. I am sure you are proud of those. And since Cal has been at Kentucky he did beat Self and Kansas for the 2012 NCAA Championship. That was a nice win for Cal and UK. Hope we get to play you again in the Championship game but Kansas may be sitting home this year after the current NCAA investigation is finished.

Well Kansas does have a couple Helms titles. I am sure you are proud of those. And since Cal has been at Kentucky he did beat Self and Kansas for the 2012 NCAA Championship. That was a nice win for Cal and UK. Hope we get to play you again in the Championship game but Kansas may be sitting home this year after the current NCAA investigation is finished.

I know, I know...Kansas in biiiig trouble.

The #1 problem with your theory is that the NCAA is making this determination. Nothing major coming. If it did? Won't affect this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT