ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Packer

Unfortunately for Billy he scuffed his legacy with a single comment. He was never able to get those words back into his mouth or fully recover from the gaffe. An entire fanbase says goodbye with those words being his lasting memory.

“What is Magloire doing to Wojo!!?!?!??”

136440.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Unfortunately for Billy he scuffed his legacy with a single comment. He was never able to get those words back into his mouth or fully recover from the gaffe. An entire fanbase says goodbye with those words being his lasting memory.

“What is Magloire doing to Wojo!?”

136440.jpg
Just popped onto RR to see if they’re talking about his passing and this being their final memory.

Confirmed. ✔️

That is a little creepy. Do some of these Kentucky fans really think all announcers base their announcing off their feelings regarding Kentucky?

Edit: That was a dumb question. Of course there are Kentucky fans like that. There are definitely UNC fans like that.

To me I always thought he was pissed off at the world. I liked Al better. But they did make a good team

Packer liked to intentionally mispronounce some of the Duke players. On the 2001 title team, for example, he would say:

Dunlevy (instead of Dunleavy)
Saunders (instead of Sanders)
Horvoth (instead of Horvath)

When confronted on this, his response was, "So what?" He knew exactly what he was doing lol...

ADVERTISEMENT