ADVERTISEMENT

Bill walton

ioliva

Jul 30, 2009
just asked Dustin ristic “ can you teach me how to speak English” what a tool

Did you hear when Dave Pasch asked him if Duke has more talent than Arizona and he said “no because Arizona has DeAdre Ayton”, he almost seemed shocked that Dave Pasch would even ask him that question.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I was half paying attention, but the talk was about cats and dogs (Zona the cats and UConn the dogs)....then Walton asked Pasch how his dog Dexter was doing at home. Pasch responds, “he died three years ago.” Then awkward silence. About three seconds later Walton says, “sorry to hear that,” in a quiet and unassuming voice.

I was half paying attention, but the talk was about cats and dogs (Zona the cats and UConn the dogs)....then Walton asked Pasch how his dog Dexter was doing at home. Pasch responds, “he died three years ago.” Then awkward silence. About three seconds later Walton says, “sorry to hear that,” in a quiet and unassuming voice.
RollLaugh

Walton is the gift that keeps giving

I got the impression that Walton knew Baxter died three years ago, but wanted to hear Pasch say it. He had to know, he's been doing games with the guy for a long time.

Love me some BW

usp_ncaa_basketball__maui_invitational-tennessee_v_86885998-e1479825574367.jpg

I like Bill Walton as long as I don’t have to hear him call a game.

i wish uks joke of an ad would tell espn that we only want our games on the sec network and walton, kara lawson, farnham can do uks games. Now days when the other guy says they called a foul on ky dukie v says yea great call even with one eye i could see that before he has even seen the play. I dont want the parade of duke players that love unc and unc playders that love duke talking about or profitting from my team and ky fans.

and another thing, if the refs are going to make this kind of money and say things like the fans should forget about the game win or lose five minutes after its over and refer to themself the cop of college basketball then one of their colleaugues should help with the announcing of every tournament game and then rotate. the nba playoff games i saw last year the head of refs explained calls during the games. This a coach should send his complaints in to the league office and they will review it is not good enuff for me! Ncaa will not give up this power to fix games though.

Last edited:
There are young color commentators who take their job seriously and provide real value to a broadcast and ESPN is still paying Walton and Dick Vitale bloated salaries to scream about nonsense for two hours.

Yeah and they're generally boring. I'd rather listen to someone who will keep me awake versus someone with a smidge more insight.

Not that I don't want to kidney punch Vitale and Walton at times.

What we need is more Bilases.

Walton is a national treasure.

Yes he is love that guy.

Yeah and they're generally boring. I'd rather listen to someone who will keep me awake versus someone with a smidge more insight.

Bilas can't fit his head in the camera anymore. He was good when he started but you can tell he's changed from when he first started.

Bill Walton is the Phil Rizzuto of college basketball broadcasting. No doubt he drifts a lot abut personally I enjoy that from time to time. Sometimes I think he's just messing with us.

Pasch deserves hazard pay for working games with him. Walton Makes a mockery out of the profession.

I have three TVs in my mancave/sportsbar. I often have three games on. If he is announcing a game I am watching, he is on one of the systems I have muted.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Most entertaining announcer in the game. Dude cracks me up. Not sure who I’d rather smoke a bowl with more; Bill Walton, Snoop, or Willy Nelson.
bill-walton.png

KristeK? She would have to be at the top of the list given her affinity for the stuff and how cool she seems to be.

Reactions: KisteK

Sarcasm? Cause the guy is obnoxious.

I think what CBB needs, is for Bill Walton, Dick Vitale, and Jay Bilas to all announce a couple of games together.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I have three TVs in my mancave/sportsbar. I often have three games on. If he is announcing a game I am watching, he is on one of the systems I have muted.

I used to be the same way but now I just drink more and he becomes enjoyable.

Reactions: MOX-MOX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT