ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Walton

I don't need to point out why you're wrong. The first two sentences above point it out very clearly.

If you go into a Bill Walton broadcast expecting everything he says to relate to CBB then you're already missing the point.
You and Walton have some things in common, he never shuts up either.

Was he doing the game with Pasch last night or was it someone else? I wasn’t paying close attention. Anyway, at one point Bill asked what happened or something along those lines and the other guy said “I just told you. Thanks for paying attention.” Then Bill’s like, “I just wanted confirmation.” 🤣🤣🤣

Haha that's perfect. I want to say Pasch focuses on football during the fall season, but he's never shy of roasting Bill during the middle of a game. I loved that one time Bill expressed disappointment that Dave didn't come to his pool party and Dave responded along the lines of, "There is no way I'm ever getting in a pool that you own, Bill. I don't know what sorts of things you've done in there." Felt like he was hinting at some sort of hippy orgy.

We'll need to keep this thread active throughout the season. Walton will have plenty of amazing lines, I'm certain.

He isn't wrong for sharing an opinion. Walton made some solid observations on failure to move the ball around and calls that needed to be overturned, but he spent too much time down memory lane and doughnuts.
Ya'll don't get it-----Thats his gig. That's his niche....That's who he is, and why he was hired. Dude has been calling games for over 20 years now. I get it----its not for everyone. But look, I don't need someone to describe basketball to me for 2+ hours. Ya know alas Jimmy "Thats a hard cut" Dykes. I like the separation Walton provides. Plus, his stories are pure ****ing gold.....

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Borden, I didn't say he wasn't a good guy. He is a terrible announcer and talks about himself way too much. I want to know what is happening in the game, not interested in his agenda. Several plays went on where Walton is telling some who cares story and you don't know what the call is or who the foul is on etc.
Plus it is my opinion, and if yours is different so be it. It doesn't matter to me.
Then open your eyes......I mean do you really need someone to tell you such and such just came off a beautiful screen, and knocked down a ****ing jump shot?

Also, its easy knowing who the foul is on.....ESPN only shows 976 fuking replays of one.

I get it---Bill is not everyone's cup of tea....But I'd take the dude over 95% of guys today....Dykes and his, "Thats a violent cut" is ****ing annoying....Bilas, although he knows the game, spends 85% time telling us how bad of a call something was....

Walton separates the two beautifully,and knows the game better than anyone calling hoops today. With Bill not only do you get some basketball knowledge, but he lets ya know great places to go....to eat....Ya get get some good wisdom and advice as well. Plus, if ya listen good enough, he knows where the good shit is....

Haha that's perfect. I want to say Pasch focuses on football during the fall season, but he's never shy of roasting Bill during the middle of a game. I loved that one time Bill expressed disappointment that Dave didn't come to his pool party and Dave responded along the lines of, "There is no way I'm ever getting in a pool that you own, Bill. I don't know what sorts of things you've done in there." Felt like he was hinting at some sort of hippy orgy.

We'll need to keep this thread active throughout the season. Walton will have plenty of amazing lines, I'm certain.
Those two going back and forth is hilarious. Pasch definitely throws some occasional jabs and you can kind of tell he genuinely gets annoyed with Bill at times. He's just trying to be professional and they pair him with Bill Walton. I'm sure he's thinking what have I done to deserve this. 😂 Last night he was just going on and on about how much he loves Yao Ming and how he's the tallest and nicest man he's ever met. Then he's like, "come back to the U.S., Yao! We miss you!" lol....so random. Yao probably just nodded and smiled at everything Bill said because he had no clue what he was talking about.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Walton was a freak athlete. I watched him pour in 44 one night, I think he may have missed one shot and this was when dunking wasn't allowed. He would simply jump and drop the ball through the hoop.

Walton was a freak athlete. I watched him pour in 44 one night, I think he may have missed one shot and this was when dunking wasn't allowed. He would simply jump and drop the ball through the hoop.
What are you----90? 😁

Ya'll don't get it-----Thats his gig. That's his niche....That's who he is, and why he was hired. Dude has been calling games for over 20 years now. I get it----its not for everyone. But look, I don't need someone to describe basketball to me for 2+ hours. Ya know alas Jimmy "Thats a hard cut" Dykes. I like the separation Walton provides. Plus, his stories are pure ****ing gold.....
I can accept that is who he is. I just don't like it. I don't care for his stories either. However, if you like it, you like it.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
He was probably at Bert's basement game night and one of the UK VHS tapes still had an old Pro game on it.
VHS didn't come out until the mid-70s. All Bert's ancient footage comes from these bad boys.
il_fullxfull.3913212176_3d6c.jpg

Then open your eyes......I mean do you really need someone to tell you such and such just came off a beautiful screen, and knocked down a ****ing jump shot?

Also, its easy knowing who the foul is on.....ESPN only shows 976 fuking replays of one.

I get it---Bill is not everyone's cup of tea....But I'd take the dude over 95% of guys today....Dykes and his, "Thats a violent cut" is ****ing annoying....Bilas, although he knows the game, spends 85% time telling us how bad of a call something was....

Walton separates the two beautifully,and knows the game better than anyone calling hoops today. With Bill not only do you get some basketball knowledge, but he lets ya know great places to go....to eat....Ya get get some good wisdom and advice as well. Plus, if ya listen good enough, he knows where the good shit is....
Yes, you need the good shit....

Bill is funny enough to listen to for a bit, especially if you are just watching a random game and don't really care about the teams involved ... but MAN is it kind of rough to listen to him when it's your team playing. Maybe I would feel differently if I cheered for a team from the Conference of Champions, lol.

Reactions: della and winin11
Don’t be a daft cvvnt.
Don't be an old codger. That guy is irrelevant and out of date and he relishes in that. No one wants to listen to him hawk some stupid doughnuts, nobody wants to hear him go on about bygone times in the PNW from his perspective. It's not a documentary, it's a CBB game.

Don’t type with your mouth full of doughnuts.
Bill is funny enough to listen to for a bit, especially if you are just watching a random game and don't really care about the teams involved ... but MAN is it kind of rough to listen to him when it's your team playing. Maybe I would feel differently if I cheered for a team from the Conference of Champions, lol.
It is rough when it's your team and he does all three games you played in the PKI.
MSU, UConn and NC.

Don't be an old codger. That guy is irrelevant and out of date and he relishes in that. No one wants to listen to him hawk some stupid doughnuts, nobody wants to hear him go on about bygone times in the PNW from his perspective. It's not a documentary, it's a CBB game.
calling Voodoo Donuts "stupid" is only the second most incredibly idiotic thing you've said in this thread.

calling Voodoo Donuts "stupid" is only the second most incredibly idiotic thing you've said in this thread.
I suppose I should have said that any idiot that wants to hear about doughnuts while watching a CBB is stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT