ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Walton dead at 71

Kevin Bryan

Apr 30, 2011
That sucks. He's the only reason I watched Pac-12 games. I suppose it's fitting that he died when the conference died though. Didn't even realize he had cancer.

"In life, being so self-conscious, red hair, big nose, freckles and goofy, nerdy-looking face and can't talk at all. I was incredibly shy and never said a word," Walton told The Oregonian in 2017. "Then, when I was 28, I learned how to speak. It's become my greatest accomplishment of my life and everybody else's biggest nightmare." 😂

This fvcking sucks. The world was a better place with him.

He was someone you could truly say they lived their life to the fullest

Wow, this is really sad, I didn't even know he was battling cancer. RIP BW.

That sucks. He's the only reason I watched Pac-12 games. I suppose it's fitting that he died when the conference died though. Didn't even realize he had cancer.

"In life, being so self-conscious, red hair, big nose, freckles and goofy, nerdy-looking face and can't talk at all. I was incredibly shy and never said a word," Walton told The Oregonian in 2017. "Then, when I was 28, I learned how to speak. It's become my greatest accomplishment of my life and everybody else's biggest nightmare." 😂
He was perfect for late-night games. East coast guys were all business and white collar, and then late night, we'd put on the Pac games and it couldn't get any better.

Obviously, no one could ever replicate or replace him.

I was wondering if something was up with Walton's health. He missed a couple games this season where he was originally scheduled to be a color commentator.

Forever my favorite hippie. He made every game entertaining. So many random facts. So, many delightful stories - and so many fantastic quips with his broadcast partner, Dave Pasch. He will forever be missed. Bill died alongside the demise of the Pac-12. Just the way he would have wanted it.

RewardingLimitedAmericanblackvulture.gif

ADVERTISEMENT