ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Self should be the next coach of USA Olympic basketball

Let's just be honest. Memphis and UK should have one more title.

So should Self.

Last edited:
That UK loss was the first game of the year gmafb, and drooping 150 on pitino was UKs worst loss..

That UK loss was the first game of the year gmafb, and drooping 150 on pitino was UKs worst loss..
No, it was KU's second game of the year... and Kentucky's 3rd. Guess UK had a HUGE advantage there, eh? Laughing That game was #1 vs. #5 on a neutral court. When KU "drooped" 150 on Pitino (in AFH) Kansas was #2 and Pitino was in his first season at UK taking over a program that was gutted and left on life support, banned from post-season play, banned from television, limited to 3 scholarships, and lost Mills and Manuel. They finished 14-14, even lost to SW Louisiana. See the difference?

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Kansas choked that game, Kentucky choked that season. Jayhawks 3 - 0 vs UK since.

Rock Chalk

Reactions: npreston
No, it was KU's second game of the year... and Kentucky's 3rd. Guess UK had a HUGE advantage there, eh? Laughing That game was #1 vs. #5 on a neutral court. When KU "drooped" 150 on Pitino (in AFH) Kansas was #2 and Pitino was in his first season at UK taking over a program that was gutted and left on life support, banned from post-season play, banned from television, limited to 3 scholarships, and lost Mills and Manuel. They finished 14-14, even lost to SW Louisiana. See the difference?
Supposedly in the 2nd half of that 1990 game Roy made gestures to Pitino that implied he should stop pressing because the game had already been decided at that point. Rumor is that Pitino flipped him off so Roy called a TO and put all of his starters back in. Sounds more like an urban legend type story that circulates around Lawrence but I’d love for it to be true.

Thing is, this the worst loss Self ever suffered. Flip side Williams at KU gave UK the worst loss ever. http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/jan/09/ku_150_kentucky/
You quoted my Cal comment at 10:42 PM. Then you liked it at 10:54 PM. Then you quoted it again at 10:58 PM with a video of the 2014 beatdown. I think that sequence of events throws you in the running for saltiest poster on the board. That was a solid 15-20 minutes of your life dedicated to my one little comment.

Just saying. SmokinSmile

Supposedly in the 2nd half of that 1990 game Roy made gestures to Pitino that implied he should stop pressing because the game had already been decided at that point. Rumor is that Pitino flipped him off so Roy called a TO and put all of his starters back in. Sounds more like an urban legend type story that circulates around Lawrence but I’d love for it to be true.
Wouldn't surprise me. Pitino is an arrogant prick. Laughing

Kentucky's Shame

Reactions: KYtotheCore

That's basically exactly what I've heard before about it. Pitino wanted to instill pressing into his team regardless of the score. Made for an all time beat down but I'd like to think it set the tone for the ensuing success down the line.

You quoted my Cal comment at 10:42 PM. Then you liked it at 10:54 PM. Then you quoted it again at 10:58 PM with a video of the 2014 beatdown. I think that sequence of events throws you in the running for drunkest poster on the board. That was a solid 15-20 minutes of your life dedicated to my one little comment.

Just saying. SmokinSmile

fify

Reactions: schoonerwest
UK won the title that year right? SmokinSmile
not-funny-gif-17.gif

No, it was kU's second game of the year... and Kentucky's 3rd. Guess UK had a HUGE advantage there, eh? Laughing That game was #1 vs. #5 on a neutral court. When kU "drooped" 150 on Pitino (in AFH) kansas was #2 and Pitino was in his first season at UK taking over a program that was gutted and left on life support, banned from post-season play, banned from television, limited to 3 scholarships, and lost Mills and Manuel. They finished 14-14, even lost to SW Louisiana. See the difference?
Fify

These are the U18 games and last year was the U19 games ....and if you dont think there is a difference ... Even Coach K a couple decades ago lost in the U19 games.

When KU "drooped" 150 on Pitino (in AFH) Kansas was #2 and Pitino was in his first season at UK taking over a program that was gutted and left on life support, banned from post-season play, banned from television, limited to 3 scholarships, and lost Mills and Manuel. They finished 14-14, even lost to SW Louisiana. See the difference?
No argument there. Kentucky was so irrelevant at the time, the game wasn’t even televised.

Still, scoring 150 is fun - even against a JV team - and a good time was had by all.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
No argument there. Kentucky was so irrelevant at the time, the game wasn’t even televised.

Still, scoring 150 is fun - even against a JV team - and a good time was had by all.
I'm guessing that game took place before you were even born.

Of course it's an advantage. But as long as it's allowed, I'll take it. Calipari and K don't need the recruiting boost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT