ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest/Most Influential/Most important recruit in your school's history

Wojoman

Jan 18, 2010
I was watching the ESPN 30 for 30 "Requiem for the Big East" (for about the 4th time) and it was talking about the big recruits that got the Big East going back when it first was getting starting, ie: Ewing, Washington, Mullen, ect.

Got me wondering. Who was the BIGGEST recruit that your school has ever gotten? Not the just best skill wise necessarily (but it can be), but the most IMPORTANT recruit.

I'd would say it has to be Christian Laettner for Duke. Although i think maybe an argument could be made for Johnny Dawkins. But Laettner to me was the one that really helped put Duke on the map and stay there.

Reactions: skysdad
Picking 1 is extremely hard, so I would rank them as
1) Moses Malone- for what could have been
2) Len Bias- the fallout and having Lefty fall on the sword
3)Juan Dixon- most impactful Gary Recruit

Reactions: Noahtogo24
In my fandom it feels like Brandon Rush..

But, I'm sure Danny was yuuuuuge.

Big Clyde was dominant. KU won the NCAA and led the Olympic team
Wilt-was a true legend.

Dawkins might be the one. Amaker was a big one at Duke. Banks was huge, too.

In modern times, Nolan Smith was huge.

What's that supposed to mean?

Any KU fan who says anyone other than Wilt doesn't know much about Wilt.

That said, he was bought and paid for, sadly.
He's saying you getting Bill Self is your biggest recruit ever... which I would agree with.

What's that supposed to mean?

Any KU fan who says anyone other than Wilt doesn't know much about Wilt.

That said, he was bought and paid for, sadly.

It means he's had a huge influence on recruiting incredible high level talent. By the time he's done at KU he'll have 2-3 titles IMO.Wilt never got us one. If we're talking about impacting the GAME it's Wilt, but he didn't do anymore than any other big that didn't win a title for KU.

It means he's had a huge influence on recruiting incredible high level talent. By the time he's done at KU he'll have 2-3 titles IMO.Wilt never got us one. If we're talking about impacting the GAME it's Wilt, but he didn't do anymore than any other big that didn't win a title for KU.

Wilt almost (and should have) won a title by himself. He would've won going away with a decent coach.

In my fandom it feels like Brandon Rush..

But, I'm sure Danny was yuuuuuge.

Just curious. Why Brandon Rush? Seems like you guys have had way better, more impactful players than him, even in recent years.

Just curious. Why Brandon Rush? Seems like you guys have had way better, more impactful players than him, even in recent years.
B. Rush was the only Rush Bro (KC) that chose to play for Kansas. High ranking recruit, he came back after injuring himself working out for an NBA team.. had he not come back, Kansas wouldn't have won in '08. Our recruiting, since Rush, improved as well.

Reactions: doogie503
61dJp%2B5CKUL._SY355_.jpg

A lot of UK fans tend to say Wall, but they forget that Boogie, who was regarded as the #2 guy in that class, committed to UK before Wall.

When we got that commitment from Boogie, I knew that things were about to be different at UK. I used to be so jealous of the programs that would pull in these top 5-10 recruits and we finally got one for the first time in a long time.

Reactions: mebeblue2
ADVERTISEMENT