ADVERTISEMENT

Big12/SEC wrap up

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
It was actually a very close and entertaining contest. Only a couple of games were blow outs, the majority were close and tight. I believe that if a couple of teams were forced to play away vs at home, it would have reversed the outcome.

This contest didn't determine which was the best conference, but it did provide a lot of fun and show some parity.

These kind of mid season conference show downs as well as March Madness are what make CBB unique and fun.

I love the SEC, but have nothing but respect for the Big 12. I'm looking forward to March.

This really isn't a thread about bashing conferences. There are plenty of threads already up there for that.

Reactions: GhostVol
The ACC is just Duke and Virginia....... when your 3rd best team gets its clock cleaned by close to 30 pts to this years UK team.......... all the evidence I need for my statement here.
I think you're not giving them the credit they deserve. Shit UF is 0-3 vs the ACC right now. FSU, Clemson, and Duke. Just saying it's much much deeper than you're giving credit for.

I think you're not giving them the credit they deserve. Shit UF is 0-3 vs the ACC right now. FSU, Clemson, and Duke. Just saying it's much much deeper than you're giving credit for.

that garbage is on your team alone.......... try keeping a lead on someone for a damn change

It was actually a very close and entertaining contest. Only a couple of games were blow outs, the majority were close and tight. I believe that if a couple of teams were forced to play away vs at home, it would have reversed the outcome.

This contest didn't determine which was the best conference, but it did provide a lot of fun and show some parity.

These kind of mid season conference show downs as well as March Madness are what make CBB unique and fun.

I love the SEC, but have nothing but respect for the Big 12. I'm looking forward to March.
agree -
several games were quite competitive
and coulda gone either way -

congrats on the vols win -

wreck em!!

S-E-C! S-E-C! :D

I would not post in this thread...MU beat your team and MU sucks this year and this is coming from an MU fan....plus this thread is not the make believe national championship football thread.

Well that team went and got a W at Rupp. Just saying.

And I'm sure a few UK players will look for payback after washington got his head ripped off with no call. last game of the regular season will be an interesting one

I would not post in this thread...MU beat your team and MU sucks this year and this is coming from an MU fan....plus this thread is not the make believe national championship football thread.
If you wouldn't post in this thread, then why did you? And who the **** is MU and make believe football titles? What are you blabbering about?

If you wouldn't post in this thread, then why did you? And who the **** is MU and make believe football titles? What are you blabbering about?

Guessing at UCF they dont read? You posted SEC SEC sarcastically...I said UCF sucks at basketball if MU beat them...and this is not a pretend your National Champions thread....either A your dumb and cant read...or B your dumb and cant read

The big 12 is generally solid top to bottom and rarely just has scrubs. The SEC seems to be very solid this year (as a whole). To me, the top SEC teams are finally having to deal with what the top big 12 teams deal with, year in and year out. Does that mean conferences are ever head and shoulders above each other....I don't think so. I think every top dog in the conference knows how difficult it is to go on the road in conference and take teams best shots. It just looks better on paper when those teams records are formidable-----but I don't know if it makes it any tougher.

What about when UF gets drilled at home by the ACC 5th place team?

True. But at the same time, Florida was also in the midst of a stretch where they lost 4 out of 5 games. They have greatly improved.

They are inconsistent though. If they played FSU tomorrow, maybe they get beat by double digits. Or maybe they win big. It's hard to say. When they take a night off, they're capable of losing to anybody, but when they are clicking, they can beat anybody.

The big 12 is generally solid top to bottom and rarely just has scrubs. The SEC seems to be very solid this year (as a whole). To me, the top SEC teams are finally having to deal with what the top big 12 teams deal with, year in and year out. Does that mean conferences are ever head and shoulders above each other....I don't think so. I think every top dog in the conference knows how difficult it is to go on the road in conference and take teams best shots. It just looks better on paper when those teams records are formidable-----but I don't know if it makes it any tougher.

This right here. The SEC this year reminds me a lot of the Big XII most years. Not really great at the top, maybe one elite team, but no bad teams either. So if they were to take on the ACC in a challenge, I think they'd win, because top to bottom I think they have better teams. Much more parity. But if I were picking a tournament, I'd pick the ACC to put more teams further in the tournament, because the teams at the top are a little bit better.

The Big XII struggles with this a lot. Overall conference strength is good, but other than KU there is rarely an elite team. I do think this inflates KU's seeding a spot or two from time to time(though I don't believe that was the case these last two years, KU just lost to two really good teams).

True. But at the same time, Florida was also in the midst of a stretch where they lost 4 out of 5 games. They have greatly improved.

They are inconsistent though. If they played FSU tomorrow, maybe they get beat by double digits. Or maybe they win big. It's hard to say. When they take a night off, they're capable of losing to anybody, but when they are clicking, they can beat anybody.

What's your point? People use the Louisville blowout to UK to harp on the ACC. Well maybe Louisville was just off that day? How is it any different than the Florida/Florida State example?

And let's be clear--since this is routinely brought up--UF wasn't playing poorly when FSU came to town. In fact, they were a top 8 team in the country and were being widely praised for their performance at the PK80. UF lost to Loyola after FSU punked them on their home court. Which by the way, is FSU's 4th consecutive win over UF.

So let's all stop acting like FSU got lucky and "caught UF at the right time."

This right here. The SEC this year reminds me a lot of the Big XII most years. Not really great at the top, maybe one elite team, but no bad teams either. So if they were to take on the ACC in a challenge, I think they'd win, because top to bottom I think they have better teams. Much more parity. But if I were picking a tournament, I'd pick the ACC to put more teams further in the tournament, because the teams at the top are a little bit better.

The Big XII struggles with this a lot. Overall conference strength is good, but other than KU there is rarely an elite team. I do think this inflates KU's seeding a spot or two from time to time(though I don't believe that was the case these last two years, KU just lost to two really good teams).

Just for the sake of throwing objective stats into the equation, the ACC has more teams in the top 35 on KemPom than the SEC has teams in the top 50.

I think it's more the latter than the former IMO. On a good day they can beat anyone, but they don't have the bigs to make consistent defensive stops.

Reactions: GE Nole
So let's all stop acting like FSU got lucky and "caught UF at the right time."

They definitely didn't. FSU led since the start and held that 10ish pt lead the whole way. I gotta say that might be FL's most lopsided loss.

Reactions: GE Nole
Guessing at UCF they dont read? You posted SEC SEC sarcastically...I said UCF sucks at basketball if MU beat them...and this is not a pretend your National Champions thread....either A your dumb and cant read...or B your dumb and cant read
I'm a Kentucky fan dumbass. Read my...I don't know...name....location, or even my ****ing avatar. I don't give a **** about UCF basketball, I lost a sigbet on the football board Einstein.

Either A you're ****ing dumb or B you're ****ing dumb and can't read.

Can I expect you to be around tomorrow to eat crow and take your Kentucky ass whipping like a man or will you be hiding like a boy after we go balls deep in Missourah?

Last edited:
Reactions: Akrause84
I'm a Kentucky fan dumbass. Read my...I don't know...name....location, or even my ****ing avatar. I don't give a **** about UCF basketball, I lost a sigbet on the football board Einstein.

Can I expect you to be around tomorrow to eat crow and take your Kentucky ass whipping like a man or will you be hiding like a boy after we go balls deep in Missourah?

You are coming in at a 9 and you might want to tone it down to a 2. Just sayin...:)

Damn bro so close.

ADVERTISEMENT