ADVERTISEMENT

Big ten teams in elite 8 - one (maybe two).... sec teams in the elite 8 - ZERO

Monorojo

Nov 1, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Team
Ohio State
Wait, this doesn’t fit the narrative I’ve heard all season?

What the heck? Can someone explain, I thought the sec was set to “ run college basketball”?

When an Ohio State fan has to brag about Michigan to assert conference superiority....over the ****ing SEC!!!

tenor.gif

Kill me if I ever brag about VT to make a claim about how the ACC is better than another conference

The Big 12 could have half of the teams in the Elite 8 but don't let that distract you from the Big 12 is overrated narrative.

Yes if I had to pick a conference to raise the homer flag, it would be the BIG. But the SEC has won a NC 3x since the last BIG title.

BIG has a long 17 year drought between titles, not the SEC. Pac12 has an even longer drought. Big 12 is too Kansas heavy. The Big 8 - 12 hasn't crowned a NC outside KU since 1945-1946, when OSU was OA&M.

As for the BIG, plenty of opportunities to win a NC the past 20 years (5 runners up: MSU, Il, OSU, IU, & Mi), far more than the Pac12, Big12 and even Big East. At the end of the day, BIG lets too many top shelf recruits leave the footprint who go on a win a NC elsewhere. BIG now has to deal with a greater Big East presence. Both conferences share the footprint in 6 states: Neb, Wis, Ohio, NJ, PA, & In & Georgetown is roughly 15 miles from College Park, MD.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
When an Ohio State fan has to brag about Michigan to assert conference superiority....over the ****ing SEC!!!

tenor.gif

Kill me if I ever brag about VT to make a claim about how the ACC is better than another conference

I'm surprised it took him this long. Normally this loser is here as soon as Kentucky loses.

ADVERTISEMENT