ADVERTISEMENT

Big East

ExitFlagger

May 2, 2015
Team
Kansas
Anybody watched a lot of BE games this year?

I’ve seen a lot of claims of it being a very strong league, but in the limited number of games I’ve watched, I don’t see it.

Powell is a standout, but in general, I don’t see a ton of talent or athleticism throughout.

The league doesn't have too many 1st Round NBA prospects year, maybe none. The best player I guess is Howard @ Marq and they are .500 in the league.

Villanova is probably the biggest threat for a deep run they have scoring balance, a mix of experience/youth, and a proven system/HC.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

I’ve seen a lot of claims of it being a very strong league, but in the limited number of games I’ve watched, I don’t see it.

Powell is a standout, but in general, I don’t see a ton of talent or athleticism throughout.
I don't see it either. I see a lack of size and athletesism.
I'm sure they'll do well in the tournament, but they all look like strong mid major teams to me.
They have Seton Hall as a 2 seed. I don't get it.

In the pre conference gavitt games, Mich St beat Seton Hall, Ohio State beat Nova, and Mich beat Creighton. Osu and UM are both middle of the pack B10 teams (both 9-8 in league play) and those are the three top BE team.

In the pre conference gavitt games, Mich St beat Seton Hall, Ohio State beat Nova, and Mich beat Creighton. Osu and UM are both middle of the pack B10 teams (both 9-8 in league play) and those are the three top BE team.

Yeah, but if you look at the top four in the Big 10 standings, their non-con performances were not impressive.

You can argue that some have improved throughout the year, but then you’d have to give the Big East the benefit of the doubt too.

Teams don't stay the same all year....

Providence was horrible for the first month and a half but you don't want Providence in your bracket.

Big East teams beat each other up. Especially this year. With the amount of tough physical basketball that is played you get tournament ready teams.

We clowned Marquette in our annual (non-gavitt) game as well.

Funny thing about the Big East, is the bottom two teams, St.John's and DePaul, are 5-1 in OOC Quad 1 Games. Without looking at the other conferences, I'm going to bet the farm that no other conference can match that.

St.John's: 2-1
W- West Virginia, Arizona
L- Arizona State

DePaul: 3-0
W- Iowa, Minnesota, Texas Tech

I think the best team in the league is Seton Hall. They're a legit Final Four team, IMO. Sandro has missed significant time. They're a different team with him in the lineup. SHU has been absolute road warriors in league play. Road wins at DePaul, at Xavier, at Butler, at St.John's, at Georgetown, at Villanova, at Marquette. They've been killing it. I like their chances.

Villanova is decent. They beat Kansas and have been relatively consistent during the season. I don't think they're a legit title contender, but could see them easily making it to the Sweet 16, possibly the Elite 8. The one really intriguing team to me, is Creighton. Denzel Mahoney sat out the first half of the season as a transfer. He gives the team an incredibly balanced 5-man scoring punch. Creighton's offense is fun to watch. They can hang offensively with any team in the country, just a matter of getting stops. I think their potential is similar to Villanova.

Funny thing about the Big East, is the bottom two teams, St.John's and DePaul, are 5-1 in OOC Quad 1 Games. Without looking at the other conferences, I'm going to bet the farm that no other conference can match that.

St.John's: 2-1
W- West Virginia, Arizona
L- Arizona State

DePaul: 3-0
W- Iowa, Minnesota, Texas Tech

I think the best team in the league is Seton Hall. They're a legit Final Four team, IMO. Sandro has missed significant time. They're a different team with him in the lineup. SHU has been absolute road warriors in league play. Road wins at DePaul, at Xavier, at Butler, at St.John's, at Georgetown, at Villanova, at Marquette. They've been killing it. I like their chances.

Villanova is decent. They beat Kansas and have been relatively consistent during the season. I don't think they're a legit title contender, but could see them easily making it to the Sweet 16, possibly the Elite 8. The one really intriguing team to me, is Creighton. Denzel Mahoney sat out the first half of the season as a transfer. He gives the team an incredibly balanced 5-man scoring punch. Creighton's offense is fun to watch. They can hang offensively with any team in the country, just a matter of getting stops. I think their potential is similar to Villanova.

St John's looked great yesterday, although I'm guessing they haven't shot like that all year.

Seton Hall is definitely the team to be most concerned about, from what I've seen.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT