ADVERTISEMENT

Big Blue Nation...

And this uk team is an anomaly under cal, not the norm. And cals the one who says how “young we are” every chance he gets to play that card.

You are right though this year y’all have a relatively more experienced squad than last year.

When I said “worry about the likes of auburn” I should have specified I was referring to last year, this year, and the future, not just this year, but I should have been more specific.
Calipari's teams are young.

Calipari's teams are young.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
What he does is teach each player to share the ball and play defense. he gets his players to trust the other players.

And other coaches don’t teach their players to share the ball and play defense? Hes putting more guys in the nba than anyone else bc he’s recruiting better than anyone else, sans maybe coach K the last few years.

Again I’m not saying he’s bad at developing players, quite the opposite he’s quite good at it obviously. But I just don’t buy that he’s head and shoulders above every other single coach at developing players. I mean hell look at Jonny Jones and Lorenzo Romar. They “developed” (bbn line of thinking) the number 1 pick two years in a row and now they aren’t even employed by that school any longer.

But yes cal does develop players and and he does a good job at it, I just don’t think he’s the Albert Einstein of developing basketball players.

And great point about Williamson, it doesn’t always work out the way fans expect, and it is hard. But Williamson was a top 25 recruit not top 5 sure fire one and done. But yes I can’t argue that I was expecting him to have a bigger impact up to this point.

ADVERTISEMENT