ADVERTISEMENT

Big Blue Madness and a Place for other Basketball Pre-Season Hype

I had hope that your time away might result in you being less stupid. Boy was I wrong... you're still a single-digit-IQ'd BLOCKHEAD. Go back to your momma's basement. U6 ain't shit and really shouldn't be saying shit until they're worth a shit... which could be awhile.
I wondered how long it would take for the resident inbred dumbass to respond. Thanks JC for being you lol

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
0/10. Come back when U6 has reached some minimal level of relevance, BLOCKHEAD. Until then, GTFOH. Your opinions are special-ed level.
I understand the troubles, sanctions, vacated W's, FF and of course the title in 2013, but...........Even then, Louisville has been more than a "minimal level" of relevance...

They were 63-36 under Mack. Minus COVID, would have had 2 NCAAT, maybe 3, in his 4 seasons. My guess is in 2019-20 with a 24-7 record, UL would have been at worse a 4 seed.

Now you take away the scandal/sanctions, and UL since 2008 was quite relevant:

1 National Title:2013
2 FF's: 2012 and 2013
5 Elite 8's: 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2015.
6 SW 16's: 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2015.

I get it, I get it....Vacated. Sure----but that doesn't erase how good they were during such stretch, even if it was vacated...And lets be honest here-----UL was made an example of here.

Is UL headed for tougher times? Probably. Who knows. But to say they haven't been of some minimal relevance is simply not true.

Also we can take of look at the past 5, 6, 7 years, what not, under Cal....

2012- Champions
2013---NIT
2014 Runner-up
2015---FF

Oh, but then..........

2016----2nd Round
2017---Elite 8
2018---SW 16
2019---Elite 8
2020---COVID
2021----No postseason(9-16)
2022---1st round

So since 2016, UK has only been past the 2nd round, twice....And missed the postseason as well. Its only fair to note than in 2020(COVID), in all likelihood UK would have also been a very high NCAAT seed; as would have been Louisville.

Cats have been better since Mack's arrival in 2019-----But barely.

Reactions: rockycard
I understand the troubles, sanctions, vacated W's, FF and of course the title in 2013, but...........Even then, Louisville has been more than a "minimal level" of relevance...

They were 63-36 under Mack. Minus COVID, would have had 2 NCAAT, maybe 3, in his 4 seasons. My guess is in 2019-20 with a 24-7 record, UL would have been at worse a 4 seed.

Now you take away the scandal/sanctions, and UL since 2008 was quite relevant:

1 National Title:2013
2 FF's: 2012 and 2013
5 Elite 8's: 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2015.
6 SW 16's: 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2015.

I get it, I get it....Vacated. Sure----but that doesn't erase how good they were during such stretch, even if it was vacated...And lets be honest here-----UL was made an example of here.

Is UL headed for tougher times? Probably. Who knows. But to say they haven't been of some minimal relevance is simply not true.

Also we can take of look at the past 5, 6, 7 years, what not, under Cal....

2012- Champions
2013---NIT
2014 Runner-up
2015---FF

Oh, but then..........

2016----2nd Round
2017---Elite 8
2018---SW 16
2019---Elite 8
2020---COVID
2021----No postseason(9-16)
2022---1st round

So since 2016, UK has only been past the 2nd round, twice....And missed the postseason as well. Its only fair to note than in 2020(COVID), in all likelihood UK would have also been a very high NCAAT seed; as would have been Louisville.

Cats have been better since Mack's arrival in 2019-----But barely.
...you spent a lot of time and energy on something where speculation, rather than fact comes into play. There is no 'taking away the scandal sanctions'.... More is yet to come. U6 remains a dumpster fire.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
....none of these dudes ring a bell other than the transfer from ut. 1 point guard on the roster...? 2023 class? KP isn't really 'killing it' on the recruiting front.
Kamari top 50 player, Devin Ree was top 60 original LSU commit, and Hatfield a 5 star. And we have three point guards. Wrong on all fronts. I like our team.

...you spent a lot of time and energy on something where speculation, rather than fact comes into play. There is no 'taking away the scandal sanctions'.... More is yet to come. U6 remains a dumpster fire.
What time---5 minutes?

We can use facts then.....Since 2019, after the sanctions,and the hiring of Mack, UK hasn't been that much better.

2019- UL 1st round loss/ UK Elite 8
2020--COVID: UL 24-7, likely high seed/UK 25-6, likely high seed
2021-- UL 13-7, NCAAT alternate/ UK 9-16...
2022-- UL 13-19/UK 26-8 1st round.

So, UK has 3 NCAAT wins since 2019----UL 0. UK has 2 NCATT bids....UL 1..Head to head, 2-1 UK...

If UL hasn't even been of minimal relevance, then UK has barely been relevant, or slightly above..

Lots of fanbases gonna judge their coach about what they do against UK.

UNC, DUKE, UL
Meh----If so its b/c UK is always smacking their gums about how they do against the aboved mentioned.... 😎 .

Some of ya'll act as if UK doesn't "get up" for games against UL, KU, Duke, UNC, etc, etc....like its beneath you....That type of arrogance is what makes UK an easy target.

What time---5 minutes?

We can use facts then.....Since 2019, after the sanctions,and the hiring of Mack, UK hasn't been that much better.

2019- UL 1st round loss/ UK Elite 8
2020--COVID: UL 24-7, likely high seed/UK 25-6, likely high seed
2021-- UL 13-7, NCAAT alternate/ UK 9-16...
2022-- UL 13-19/UK 26-8 1st round.

So, UK has 3 NCAAT wins since 2019----UL 0. UK has 2 NCATT bids....UL 1..Head to head, 2-1 UK...

If UL hasn't even been of minimal relevance, then UK has barely been relevant, or slightly above..
"Since 2019" ....timeframing. It just doesn't work.

Kamari top 50 player, Devin Ree was top 60 original LSU commit, and Hatfield a 5 star. And we have three point guards. Wrong on all fronts. I like our team.
...that's why I put a question mark after I mentioned the point guards...it was a question. I've only recently heard that they have 1. 3 is obviously better, but I wouldn't count on KP 'winning those games' too much this year.

Reactions: johnboiler123
...that's why I put a question mark after I mentioned the point guards...it was a question. I've only recently heard that they have 1. 3 is obviously better, but I wouldn't count on KP 'winning those games' too much this year.
Oops, misread that. My bad, man. We shall see. I’m not expecting us to be really good by any means. Have no clue, just glad to see our staff actually care, and implement culture again. Mack’s tenure was atrocious and didn’t feel right.

"Since 2019" ....timeframing. It just doesn't work.
Ok, then---- exactly what or how are you basing your opinion on UL being irrelevant? Last year? Ok, sure----they weren't relevant last year. But then again, isn't that time framing? Last 2 years.....Last 3.....Past 10, or 15----Overall? Which is it? I mean exactly what criteria are you using when saying UL has been irrelevant?

Ok, then---- exactly what or how are you basing your opinion on UL being irrelevant? Last year? Ok, sure----they weren't relevant last year. But then again, isn't that time framing? Last 2 years.....Last 3.....Past 10, or 15----Overall? Which is it? I mean exactly what criteria are you using when saying UL has been irrelevant?
You're an IU fan....you wouldn't understand.... or maybe you would. 87' was a long time ago. 86'... even longer.

You're an IU fan....you wouldn't understand.... or maybe you would. 87' was a long time ago. 86'... even longer.
Truthfully, not sure why IU is still considered a blue blood. They've mediocre for so long even their fans have given up. It's been 35 years since the won a championship and they've been an average program for most of the 2000s.

Louisville, with all of their recent scandals/issues are still a more daunting opponent and is the better program.

So winning a title = being relevant? So UK hasn't been relevant since 2012?

Truthfully, not sure why IU is still considered a blue blood. They've mediocre for so long even their fans have given up. It's been 35 years since the won a championship and they've been an average program for most of the 2000s.

Louisville, with all of their recent scandals/issues are still a more daunting opponent and is the better program.
1/10

So winning a title = being relevant? So UK hasn't been relevant since 2012?
No, not limited to just winning a title. There's more to it and you know that. For U6, me calling them irrelevant is more 'rivalry talk' than anything. With regard to IU, the term has begun to fit the program in recent years and you know that too.

No, not limited to just winning a title. There's more to it and you know that. For U6, me calling them irrelevant is more 'rivalry talk' than anything. With regard to IU, the term has begun to fit the program in recent years and you know that too.
Isn't all of this "time framing"? It is-------and you too know this as well...

Also if not limited to just winning a title, then why did you only use winning a title?

I couldn't care less if IU is or has been consider irrelevant for the past 6 hours or 40 years----I just care about 2023. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Isn't all of this "time framing"? It is-------and you too know this as well...

Also if not limited to just winning a title, then why did you only use winning a title?

I couldn't care less if IU is or has been consider irrelevant for the past 6 hours or 40 years----I just care about 2023. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.
Because as a UK fan, I can choose any category I want. UK is either near or at the top of any statistical category of achievements in college basketball, so there's that. As for 2023, your guys better do something of note or that 'irrelevant' term will fit the IU program even better.

Because as a UK fan, I can choose any category I want. UK is either near or at the top of any statistical category of achievements in college basketball, so there's that. As for 2023, your guys better do something of note or that 'irrelevant' term will fit the IU program even better.
Yes---yes you can. But as an IU fan, I can do the same, and easily argue IU is a Top 5 program of all-time...

Its funny----We discuss greatest programs of ALL TIME, yet time frame it....How the **** does that work there scooter?

As for 2023, your guys better do something of note or that 'irrelevant' term will fit the IU program even better.
Maybe....I dunno. If we go to the EE, or the FF, what that erases 25+ years of sucking, suddenly? See how fuking dumb that sounds....

I'd be more worried about the $10 million dollar dude down in Lexington, KAY Y if I were you. No tourney wins in 2 years, all the while having an NBDL team... 🤣 ..Get it together down there John...

I know------I know----I would trade the past few years, or 10----Blah , blah and Blah...

Maybe....I dunno. If we go to the EE, or the FF, what that erases 25+ years of sucking, suddenly? See how fuking dumb that sounds....

I'd be more worried about the $10 million dollar dude down in Lexington, KAY Y if I were you. No tourney wins in 2 years, all the while having an NBDL team... 🤣 ..Get it together down there John...

I know------I know----I would trade the past few years, or 10----Blah , blah and Blah...
You're simply in no position to criticize. Do something of note this year and maybe some will put that gigantic drought IU has been going through on the back burner a little bit.

You're simply in no position to criticize. Do something of note this year and maybe some will put that gigantic drought IU has been going through on the back burner a little bit.
I can critcize all I want dude....IU won more tourney games last year, than UK has in two years----A whopping ONE.-----Didn't see IU go 9-16 with a roster full of 5*'s, now did ya? MOF, IU makes the tourney if not for COVID.....

Choke on that, sonny...

I can critcize all I want dude....IU won more tourney games last year, than UK has in two years----A whopping ONE.-----Didn't see IU go 9-16 with a roster full of 5*'s, now did ya? MOF, IU makes the tourney if not for COVID.....

Choke on that, sonny...
Oooh, a cherry-picked, timeframed stat. Good lord.... I'm sure you know who has won the most NCAA tournament games...but carry on with clinging to the Covid year in college hoops since it makes you feel better.

Oooh, a cherry-picked, timeframed stat. Good lord.... I'm sure you know who has won the most NCAA tournament games...but carry on with clinging to the Covid year in college hoops since it makes you feel better.
Time frame??? Can you make up your mind, here. Do you mean last year----Year before? 5 years ago? Maybe when cal first got the UK job?

Or do you mean wait until THIS year is over, then maybe I can(critcize)?

With some of you UK'ers, its hard to figure out....

yaaawwwwn. Wolves aren't concerned with the opinions of sheep. IU-ers like you are like little kids, screaming for attention.

I’m not sure why, but I’ve never seen being “famous” in the last 10-15 years as impressive as anytime before that point. The bar for having true talent these days seems so much lower than it used to be. Twitter, YouTube etc. allow otherwise unremarkable people to have a platform where as before you really had to fight to the top. I will say this; Harlow’s song motivated me to download Fergies version of Glamorous, so she just got a little richer.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m not sure why, but I’ve never seen being “famous” in the last 10-15 years as impressive as anytime before that point. The bar for having true talent these days seems so much lower than it used to be. Twitter, YouTube etc. allow otherwise unremarkable people to have a platform where as before you really had to fight to the top. I will say this; Harlow’s song motivated me to download Fergies version of Glamorous, so she just got a little richer.

I don’t like Harlow’s music but your fanbase actually thinks/thought that Ashley Judd was a good actress. Y’all still hanging on Drake even though Kenny Payne could easily get him to follow Louisville if he (Payne) was desperate 😉

Reactions: UL_1986
I don’t like Harlow’s music but your fanbase actually thinks/thought that Ashley Judd was a good actress. Y’all still hanging on Drake even though Kenny Payne could easily get him to follow Louisville if he (Payne) was desperate 😉
think so?

Calipari was perceived cool when Payne was on his staff, now he’s just a blow hard. Nike will keep his player inventory towards the top just to get him into the tournament.
Antigua > Payne

FfmuUDWVEAAuGyI

Drake / Nike / UK >>> Drake / Addidas / UL

Rocky, you're really reaching. Signs of desperation. Watchit, Ashley is hometown talent :) She did ok as an actress. And she is an actual diehard fan.

The way UofL has been heading, I could see Sam's Choice or Great Value replacing Addidas.

I don’t have anything against Harlow, nor anything for Judd. My semi rant wasn’t over fandom but moreso how little it takes these days to be “famous”.

Lol this is such a dumb thread. We’re literally bitching about which famous person is a fan of our programs. Who cares. Also if you’re still saying “u6” after the ncaa’s pathetic attempt in “morality” especially now that college athletics have become a bud light version of professional sports, you’re an idiot 😂

ADVERTISEMENT