ADVERTISEMENT

BIG/ACC Challenge

Boilermaker03

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
Team
Purdue
Several BIG teams have taken it on the chin so far. Can they turn it around in the BIG/ACC challenge? If so, what are you're predictions for the games?

Iowa vs Virginia
Notre Dame vs Illinois
Clemson vs Rutgers
Duke
vs Ohio St
Florida St vs Purdue
Minnesota vs Pitt
Indiana vs Syracuse
Northwestern vs Wake Forest
Wisconsin vs Georgia Tech
Louisville
vs Michigan St
Miami vs Penn St
Michigan
vs North Carolina
Nebraska vs NC State
Virginia Tech vs Maryland

I have the ACC taking it.

ACC 8
BIG 6

Last edited:
Iowa vs Virginia
Notre Dame vs Illinois
Clemson
vs Rutgers
Duke vs Ohio St
Florida St vs Purdue
Minnesota
vs Pitt
Indiana vs Syracuse
Northwestern
vs Wake Forest
Louisville vs Michigan St
Miami vs Penn St
Michigan
vs North Carolina
Nebraska vs NC State
Virginia Tech
vs Maryland

Reactions: hawkit3113
Iowa vs Virginia
Notre Dame vs Illinois
Clemson
vs Rutgers
Duke vs Ohio St
Florida St vs Purdue
Minnesota vs Pitt
Indiana
vs Syracuse
Wisconsin
vs Georgia Tech
Miami vs Penn St
Michigan vs North Carolina
Nebraska vs NC State
Virginia Tech
vs Maryland

Iowa vs Virginia
Notre Dame vs Illinois
Clemson
vs Rutgers
Duke vs Ohio St
Florida St vs Purdue
Minnesota vs Pitt
Indiana
vs Syracuse
Wisconsin
vs Georgia Tech
Miami vs Penn St
Nebraska vs NC State
Virginia Tech
vs Maryland
I’ll never forgive you for this

Several BIG teams have taken it on the chin so far. Can they turn it around in the BIG/ACC challenge? If so, what are you're predictions for the games?

Iowa vs Virginia
Notre Dame vs Illinois
Clemson vs Rutgers
Duke
vs Ohio St
Florida St vs Purdue
Minnesota vs Pitt
Indiana vs Syracuse
Louisville
vs Michigan St
Miami vs Penn St
Michigan
vs North Carolina
Nebraska vs NC State
Virginia Tech vs Maryland

I have the ACC taking it.

ACC 8
BIG 6
Virginia
Illinois
Rutgers
Duke
Purdue
Sota
Hoosiers
Wake
georgia Tech
Michigan State
Penn State
UM
NC State
Va Tech

Iowa
Notre Dame
Clemson
Duke
Purdue
Minnesota
Syracuse
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Miami
Michigan
Nebraska
Maryland

Iowa vs Virginia
Notre Dame vs Illinois
Clemson vs Rutgers
Duke
vs Ohio St
Florida St vs Purdue
Minnesota vs Pitt
Indiana
vs Syracuse
Miami
vs Penn St
Nebraska vs NC State
Virginia Tech
vs Maryland

Iowa vs Virginia
Notre Dame vs Illinois
Clemson vs Rutgers
Duke
vs Ohio St
Florida St vs Purdue
Minnesota vs Pitt
Indiana
vs Syracuse
Miami
vs Penn St
Nebraska vs NC State
Virginia Tech
vs Maryland

wtf.gif

All I know is that Purdue is gonna smash us. We have no bigs who can handle one of yours, let alone both. And our guards/wings are still figuring each other out right now (5 new players getting rotation minutes).

Id say we have zero shot at going into east lansing and getting a W either.

gotta go better for us than it did last year tho 🤣

No way I'm picking UVA to beat a P5 team at this point.

Go 2-0 against UGA and Northwestern/Providence next week in Newark (gross) and I'll think about it.

Outscored 12-0 during the last four minutes of the game. Finishing the game in style. We deserved to lose. Not sure we took a single good shot the last few minutes of the game.

Road games against quality teams are really hard to win. I think we're still a top 5-10 team, but still very much hate losing, especially in that manner.

I would assume those were mostly all at home or neutral sites though. There is a reason K doesn't like playing true road games. That isn't a knock as it's pretty smart and there are clear advantages to neutral site games but road games are just tougher.
Do you have a link or a recorded conversation when he told you that? As a long time Duke fan I have never heard anyone from the basketball program say that they dont like true road games. That wouldnt be something the AFAM U fans say would it?

I would assume those were mostly all at home or neutral sites though. There is a reason K doesn't like playing true road games. That isn't a knock as it's pretty smart and there are clear advantages to neutral site games but road games are just tougher.

K has long maintained that he prefers neutral court games because it best simulates a tournament game. So, I get where he's coming from. I'd like to see true road games, personally. It's part of the college basketball experience. Games on campus can be absolutely electric. Neutral court games just can't match that intensity.

Our last true road game, excluding the ACC/Big Ten games, was in 2018 against St. John's. We used to play quite a few power teams on the road. In the 90's we had home-and-homes with Michigan, UCLA, Villanova, Iowa, LSU, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. Would be cool to have a few matchups a year like that in true home-away format.

Tonight we play Michigan State at Breslin. Yikes.
We’re nothing special. Izzo’s recruiting has gone downhill a bit. We have some nice talent and it looks like this team has some good chemistry and works hard. We struggle to score at times, turn the ball over, but defense is solid and we rebound well. You’ll have your chances. Oh, and our FT shooting isn’t great. We’re a classic fringe top 25 team, I think.

Reactions: Toast.
Can you imagine the comments if Duke had not one big man in foul trouble while OSU had 5 players with 4, with Mark Williams and Theo John fouling out.

And the foul call in the last seconds of the Syracuse game was awful. And they were at home.

losses like that are my wet dream scenario for how Coach Gay's final season plays out. Keep em coming Douche University!
Well, the 10 year olds are here now. Christmas break must have started early.

K has long maintained that he prefers neutral court games because it best simulates a tournament game. So, I get where he's coming from. I'd like to see true road games, personally. It's part of the college basketball experience. Games on campus can be absolutely electric. Neutral court games just can't match that intensity.

Our last true road game, excluding the ACC/Big Ten games, was in 2018 against St. John's. We used to play quite a few power teams on the road. In the 90's we had home-and-homes with Michigan, UCLA, Villanova, Iowa, LSU, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. Would be cool to have a few matchups a year like that in true home-away format.

Yeah, I enjoy messing with Duke fans about it but I obviously have no issues with how teams schedule (and why would it matter if I did anyway, right?). There are different benefits to neutral site games, road games, tournaments, etc....

Reactions: dukedevilz
Can you imagine the comments if Duke had not one big man in foul trouble while OSU had 5 players with 4, with Mark Williams and Theo John fouling out.

And the foul call in the last seconds of the Syracuse game was awful. And they were at home.
No because that didn't happen. I can imagine Duke taking a loss because that is reality.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
We’re nothing special. Izzo’s recruiting has gone downhill a bit. We have some nice talent and it looks like this team has some good chemistry and works hard. We struggle to score at times, turn the ball over, but defense is solid and we rebound well. You’ll have your chances. Oh, and our FT shooting isn’t great. We’re a classic fringe top 25 team, I think.
This analysis sounds exactly like our team too. Our rebounding and talent is above average, and our FT shooting and turnovers are atrocious. Should make for a solid game. Cheers to a good one.

Reactions: SpartyGotSix
Coach Mack does come back tonight for the first time this year. Should be interesting. I thought our assistants did an awesome job to go 5-1 without him, including beating two P5 times at a neutral site. Props to Coach Peagues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT