ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12...

ku_bkc_ut_36_t460.JPG

Kansas wins every year. I find nothing interesting about the conference. Call me when somebody else wins, but right now, it’s just boring.

Also, Trae Young. ESPN played a ton of Trae Young games. That’s why.

Reactions: dckala2
as the only true neutral on this board I am in full agreement that the Big12 was the most entertaining conference to watch on TV this year. Trae, Bamba, the bubble drama at the end of the year, another great if not somewhat surprising run by Kansas again, great teams in West Virginia and Texas Tech, top to bottom the deepest league in the country, not really a single easy game on the schedule and of course, the home and home format is a cherry on top of the sundae.

We’ve had the #1 conference RPI for like 5 years straight, but finally feel like we showed it in the tourney.

Hands down will be right there with the ACC for a while now with K-State finally elevating again, Dixon at TCU, Beard at Tech and the other usual suspects in place. Stacked.

Reactions: doogie503
Doog, haven't looked thru the rest of the threads yet, but congrats on the pickup Saturday. Love seeing Huggs land top 150 talent.

Well, love it.. but it's a thrilling terror mixed with B12 love. Matthews has some real potential.

Doog, haven't looked thru the rest of the threads yet, but congrats on the pickup Saturday. Love seeing Huggs land top 150 talent.

Well, love it.. but it's a thrilling terror mixed with B12 love. Matthews has some real potential.

Thanks. I think our talent level is probably going to be at an all time high next year... if Konate comes back. (lot of talk he could go 1st round now though)

Matthews, McCabe, Doomes and Culver are all top 150 guys on Rivals, and the juco transfer jermaine haley was a 5-star on scout a couple years ago. A couple of the smaller guards will start, but we will probably see lineups on the floor at times next year where everybody is 6'7 or taller... similar to what we did in that 2010 season when we went to the Final Four.

Should be another fun year in the Big 12.

Last edited:
Really hope Sags comes back... Was reading that over the past few years, a lot of second rounders coming from NCAA have made good money especially top ten picks of second round. NBA teams are more willing to give them contracts lately

Sags and Lamont West both projected as 1st round picks in 2019.

Lamont being there blows my mind.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Lamont is there all because of potential but he likely wouldn't be developed enough to get drafted next year. He has the size and wingspan for a guard that the NBA covets. He can shoot pretty well too when open although his shot is a bit funky. If he ever develops some ball handling and other skills/strength to play SF and even SG in the NBA, watch out! He needs to stay in the gym and become more aggressive off the dribble to show off his potential though because all that mock is going on now is size and somewhat his shooting.

Last edited:
Really hope Sags comes back... Was reading that over the past few years, a lot of second rounders coming from NCAA have made good money especially top ten picks of second round. NBA teams are more willing to give them contracts lately

Is your big Kanate coming back?

From what I've read, he's seen as late second round to not drafted but it only takes one team. He needs to improve range a bit (which he can do - free throw percentage is a good indicator of that), ability to guard on perimeter a bit. He can't get any taller I'm guessing which is why he might decide to go as he basically is what he is. I think deadline to decide is May 30th

From what I've read, he's seen as late second round to not drafted but it only takes one team. He needs to improve range a bit (which he can do - free throw percentage is a good indicator of that), ability to guard on perimeter a bit. He can't get any taller I'm guessing which is why he might decide to go as he basically is what he is. I think deadline to decide is May 30th

That’s Big if he returns. We expect our whole team back even tho Barry Brown is at the combine. Which doesn’t hurt him teeing up for next year. I think Udoka will be back for KU next year. Big 12 will be stacked again, prob repeat as the hands down #1 conference next year.

Reactions: KisteK
That’s Big if he returns. We expect our whole team back even tho Barry Brown is at the combine. Which doesn’t hurt him teeing up for next year. I think Udoka will be back for KU next year. Big 12 will be stacked again, prob repeat as the hands down #1 conference next year.
Would be huge, I'm pumped for next year's team.

You guys, KU, Wvu should all be really tough. I think Iowa State comes back next year in a nice way. Baylor and Oklahoma have some frisky transfers coming in but I'm not really sure what the rest of the teams will look like other than it will be another long grinding conference season

I'm looking forward to the Iowa State guys rejoining us talking BXII hoops.

That there's a KSU guy now, is also cool.

Reactions: doogie503
ADVERTISEMENT