ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 vs SEC Challenge

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Is there going to be one this year? If so, who will claim bragging rights?

Baylor, Kansas, Texas Tech, West Virginia.
All have been ranked top 15 by various journalists.
What about the SEC?
Tennessee and Kentucky are top 15 and then I think we drop off to 30's for our next 2.

It looks like the SEC has dropped off a little this year. Auburn and LSU are down.

So, is this series scheduled to play? If so, when and what are the match ups?

Auburn ain’t down at all. Auburn is loaded with talent get your facts str8 before running your mouth . War damn eagle
UT & UK are in the preseason top 10 power rankings. Auburn is not in the top 50. Maybe, you need to shut your pie hole instead of me.

Ain’t where you start it’s where you finish. War damn eagle.auburn beat the he’ll out of Tennessee last year at Tennessee . Also best Kentucky

UT & UK are in the preseason top 10 power rankings. Auburn is not in the top 50. Maybe, you need to shut your pie hole instead of me.
Auburn beat the he’ll out of Tennessee at Tennessee last year and also beat Kentucky

Auburn beat the he’ll out of Tennessee at Tennessee last year and also beat Kentucky
Auburn looked good last year, but not so much this year. You do understand things change, right?

Is there a single Auburn fan that knows how to act like an adult?
If so, I haven't seen one.

However, Pearl's style of play is hard to match up with. Auburn will be solid, not top 10, but they play too hard to be sub top 50.

My preliminary top 4 teams from each conference currently looks like this:

Big XII:
#3 Baylor
#6 Kansas
#11 West Virginia
#13 Texas Tech

SEC:
#10 Tennessee
#17 Kentucky
#24 Florida
#28 LSU

Is there a single Auburn fan that knows how to act like an adult?
If so, I haven't seen one.

However, Pearl's style of play is hard to match up with. Auburn will be solid, not top 10, but they play too hard to be sub top 50.

Kiss my ass you POS!!

Just kidding, you’re a damn good poster.

We will probably have the youngest team in the SEC and one of the tops in the nation so I definitely expect growing pains early. With the talent we have and the way we play, I can still see us getting close 18-20 regular season wins and making the tourney. We will be a much different team at the end of they year and will play 10-11 guys again.

With that said, we will play 5 freshman and 6 sophomores this year and should be absolutely loaded in 2021-22 with those same guys mixed in with Jabari Smith. A front court of JT Thor, J smith, Jaylin Williams etc should be pretty damn good.

Auburn fans basketball knowledge summed up in one picture
59990097.jpg

SEC is getting better

A lot has to do with better coaching.

LSU is probably the biggest threat outside of Kentucky

I don't know if this event will happen this year.
But the Big 12 is probably as good as it has been
This is a conference that has been #1 according to KenPom 7 of the last 8 years

Looks like Auburn and Kentucky will continue to dominate the SEC with bama, LSU and UF coming along.

I think everyone from both conferences enjoys these games. Just wish the B12 had two more teams so the SEC would not have to rotate who is allowed to play.

Big 12 basketball with Texas Tech and Baylor should be fun to watch.

Should be the SEC West, Missouri, Kentucky and then maybe Tennessee every year

Mizzou has sucked so bad that they are left out most years.

3 of the Top 15 most played opponents for Texas are in the SEC. Missouri would be the 16th.
If you add Ole Miss it would 5 of the Top 20.

Interesting matchups with known opponents
But for the most part outside of Missouri most of the SEC East schools are not known opponents

Should be the SEC West, Missouri, Kentucky and then maybe Tennessee every year

Mizzou has sucked so bad that they are left out most years.

3 of the Top 15 most played opponents for Texas are in the SEC. Missouri would be the 16th.
If you add Ole Miss it would 5 of the Top 20.

Interesting matchups with known opponents
But for the most part outside of Missouri most of the SEC East schools are not known opponents
The fact that Mizzou "has sucked so bad… " has nothing to do with it. Auburn was left out two years in a row and they don’t suck, in fact, they were a FF team one of those years.

Auburn did suck. They use the year before. I don't know who was left out.
Maybe will be a team who is good this year...

They don't use this year's standings when they set the matchups before the season.
Don't let Auburn know they were left out before. Might hurt their feelings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT