ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 going for 4 or 5 (only 6 teams in) of the S16 tonight.

RockChalk82

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2019
3 in….now Texas and / or TCU??

maybe 5??

if Baylor even just had cryer back yesterday, they beat Unc and would be 4 already. Bad luck for Baylor.

Last edited:
Saving our energy for the tournament. Don’t peak in January is my advice.

it was Big 12 and SEC as top dogs this year tho no doubt.

last year was B10 and Big 12. B10 flamed out but still was a top dog last year .

It’s going to happen.

• Haha
Reactions: Aberdale
So you’re saying that Tech is the premier program in the Big 12?
I'm saying if we're going to care about the Big 12-SEC challenge then I want to play one of the better SEC teams.

I want to play Kentucky or Auburn. Not we beat Miss St while Kansas loses to Kentucky and Auburn beats Oklahoma.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm saying if we're going to care about the Big 12-SEC challenge then I want to play one of the better SEC teams.

I want to play Kentucky or Auburn. Not we beat Miss St while Kansas loses to Kentucky and Auburn beats Oklahoma.
I know…for some reason you think Tech was more deserving of playing that one. Just about any Big 12 team would have beaten Miss St. at home so I’m not sure what that proved. But yes, obviously they should have had a better matchup.

Self had won 4 of 5 vs Kentucky before that game. I don’t think anybody was beating Kentucky that night.

I know…for some reason you think Tech was more deserving of playing that one. Just about any Big 12 team would have beaten Miss St. at home so I’m not sure what that proved. But yes, obviously they should have had a better matchup.

Self had won 4 of 5 vs Kentucky before that game. I don’t think anybody was beating Kentucky that night.
I said Kentucky or Auburn. But you want to make it all about Kansas or me saying we are the premier team.

Fine give us a Top 3 or 4 SEC team. Happy?

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
TCU deserves that game. Miles was literally tossed in the air past half court before OT.

**** Arizona.

The clock stopping at 2.2 was another almost complete jobbing for TCU. What the hell was that?

Reactions: F-Duke
He literally jumps. The contact wasn't producing that level of force. He thought he was going to get the call and didn't.

So Big12 same as the ACC. 3 apiece? Yall cant even gain any ground on the king in a down year 🤣

sillest part is its miami and ISU of all peope rounding it out lol

The clock stopping at 2.2 was another almost complete jobbing for TCU. What the hell was that?
Borden is a good guy, but he’s always taken the side of the official. And usually he’s correct. I think he’s wrong on this one.

Looks worse than when I saw it live.

@IUfanBorden

Verdict?
First off the, the center offcial(closet to the play) should have rotated up, closer to center court, to get a better look---You have to move with that play, and get up high...Any call he makes from that position is a guess.

TCU players seems to step on the line, or dribble the ball on/over the line, before contact---which of course, is a b/c violation.

Verdict: Official is out of position badly on this play. Big no-no right there. If you stop the video at 4 seconds, it looks as if TCU players right foot is on the line....

To me, its just bad officiating/positioning, more than a bad call.

Borden is a good guy, but he’s always taken the side of the official. And usually he’s correct. I think he’s wrong on this one.
Meh not 100% accurate----as seen above. I'm not taking sides so to speak---just giving insight as to why something was/ws not called, etc, etc...Now if I think it was the right call, well I am gonna tell ya that....

With that being said----what is it you think I am wrong about?

3 in….now Texas and / or TCU??

maybe 5??

if Baylor even just had cryer back yesterday, they beat Unc and would be 4 already. Bad luck for Baylor.
Not cure if Cryer makes a difference with how Manek was playing----That dude was insane.

Meh not 100% accurate----as seen above. I'm not taking sides so to speak---just giving insight as to why something was/ws not called, etc, etc...Now if I think it was the right call, well I am gonna tell ya that....

You were saying the other night that you wouldn’t call it, which I took for you agreeing that nothing should be called. My stance is that there was enough contact to call a foul. I’ve seen that called hundreds of times this year and my stance has always been that a foul is a foul regardless if it’s 5 seconds into a game or with 5 seconds left.

There’s also some who say it was a violation and I’d have been ok with that call, though I think the contact happens first. I’d have agreed more with that call than a no call.

Not cure if Cryer makes a difference with how Manek was playing----That dude was insane.
Yeah, it might now have made a difference. And I’ve seen Baylor with Cryer… on average they are better with him, but not every game. I didn’t think Baylor played bad necessarily, UNC is just playing really good right now. I picked the UNC upset. I felt like UNC is playing like a 1 or 2 seed right now and that they’re poorly evaluated, not giving enough credit to the way they ended the season. They were as impressive as anybody down the stretch. Classic example of a talented team that underperforms early but figured it out late and goes on a run. A few teams like that have taken out KU in the tourney.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I hope the UNC vs Baylor and TCU vs Arizona officials will not work anymore games in the tournament.

First off the, the center offcial(closet to the play) should have rotated up, closer to center court, to get a better look---You have to move with that play, and get up high...Any call he makes from that position is a guess.

TCU players seems to step on the line, or dribble the ball on/over the line, before contact---which of course, is a b/c violation.

Verdict: Official is out of position badly on this play. Big no-no right there. If you stop the video at 4 seconds, it looks as if TCU players right foot is on the line....

To me, its just bad officiating/positioning, more than a bad call.

They just didn't call anything because they were so out of position. That's 100% poor officiating. It has to be something either a foul or back court violation.

Manek the Big 12 transfer.

He was doggin the unc/baylor crew so he doesnt always side withr official.

I hope the UNC vs Baylor and TCU vs Arizona officials will not work anymore games in the tournament.

They just didn't call anything because they were so out of position. That's 100% poor officiating. It has to be something either a foul or back court violation.

Manek the Big 12 transfer.
I don't knw why they didn't call anyting---I wan't in the room after the game. And its not "they"---its him---no way the lead , or the trail officials can see that---or call anything. It was bad officiating/positioning IMO on the center and trail officials----they, or one should have rotated up----that is where the action was...And in fairness to the center, he was stuck officiating 6/7 players, as the lead never moved. It was piss poor mechanincs that led to a missed call...

And yes, Manek----B12 transfer. Not sure what that has to do with much....But yeah, that dude.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
Possible....I dunno. I do know this---It won't matter. Whatever three do work, it'll be the same old bitching...

And hell, the official not being in position, may have save TCU's ass at that point---Had he been further up, he see's TCU kids foot on the line, and the ball, and in all likelihood calls over and back---Giving AZ the ball, at midcourt....And had he called over and back, dude would have been crucified for that....Or had he called a foul----would have been crucified for that...

Thankless gig----But I love it!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT