ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 equals last years Big 10…

I will say this about Kansas 2017-2020. Udoka played in only 1 post season for Kansas. They went to the final four that year and ran into a crazy hot Nova team that hit 15 3’s in a half it seemed like.
2020 was their best team he didn’t get a chance at a post season. I’d of bet money on them being in the final 4 though. Check out their kenpom stats
2019 team was #1 in the country, 11-0 with wins over top 10 teams before he went down
2018 final 4
2017 hurt prior to post season. That team was absolutely loaded. Guessing the Oregon game ends differently if he was healthy.

Yep. Between Azubuike only playing in the postseason once and Embiid missing the tourney, that's 4 huge opportunities missed in recent years. I'd like to see how other teams would fare after losing dudes of that caliber. Not to mention Vick and others.

Yep. Between Azubuike only playing in the postseason once and Embiid missing the tourney, that's 4 huge opportunities missed in recent years. I'd like to see how other teams would fare after losing dudes of that caliber. Not to mention Vick and others.
Auburn lost its better player in 2019 and only lost a final 4 game by 1 point. Would have loved okeke in that final 4

Valid point, but you could say that about every March- going to be an exciting tourney..
Right, I'm just saying people have NOT done this that much in the past. Literally every time Illinois does something good and it's shared on social media or something, some Gen-Z, flop-haired high school bozo says "all this just to lose in the Second Round to Loyola again??" :p I've never seen people so confident that last year's Tournament will be reproduced, specifically as it relates to the Big Ten. Virginia became the first ever 1-seed to lose in the First Round, and in the blink of an eye they were National Champions the next year, and people really weren't like "shocked" simply because of a previous result in a totally different season, lol.

Auburn lost its better player in 2019 and only lost a final 4 game by 1 point. Would have loved okeke in that final 4

Wouldn't say he had the impact of a 7-footer who controlled the paint and scored on 75% of his attempts over his career.

And he's not even in the same universe as Embiid.

Wouldn't say he had the impact of a 7-footer who controlled the paint and scored on 75% of his attempts over his career.

And he's not even in the same universe as Embiid.
Embiid hasn’t ever stayed healthy ever. Still a problem now.

To be fair, Oregon was missing their starter Boucher in 2017 NCAA Tourney due to injury- so have to think whoever was injured for Kansas equals it out..
Ya Oregon 2017 was nova 18 basically. Rained 3’s. We weren’t beating Oregon.

Embiid hasn’t ever stayed healthy ever. Still a problem now.
Holy shit. Yikes. There are alot of idiotic posters but this dude takes the cake. Talking shit about teams performance and his team got their shit pushed in by UConn, and barely beat Mizzou and Georgia😂

Yes they would have. Kansas 2020 was only dominant in the eyes of Kansas fans.2015 had 3 historically dominant teams. Your 2010 team was considered dominant as well and you got bounced in the round of 32.
Nah, the 2020 team was dominant, period. Much better than the 2010 team. Our 2020 team won its last 19 games and the only reason they lost a couple games prior to that is because Self was trying to play DMac and Doke at the same time, thinking he could play two bigs. Once he quit that experiment and went with the smaller lineup, we never lost another game. We finished the year beating Baylor on the road, the same Baylor team that won it all in ‘21. 2020 was by far the best we’ve gone into the tourney since ‘08. That ‘20 team would have handled this year’s Auburn team with no issues.

BTW, the Big XII’s strength has never been at the top. We have some really good to dominant teams sometimes, but generally the strength is in the parity. Most conferences will have a couple really good teams, a couple good teams, a couple average teams, and a few horrible teams. The Big XII generally doesn’t really have any really bad teams. Just about anybody can beat you if you have a bad night or don’t bring a good effort. A lot of conferences are stronger at the very top I think, but the Big XII is stronger at the bottom and the middle imo. So I do think that there generally are 6 or 7 legitimate tourney teams, but often they are over seeded due to having a high SOS when the committee relies too much on computers and not enough on the eyeball test. This year’s KU team is likely a 3 seed if you judge by ability, but will likely get a 2 seed and possibly a 1 seed. Baylor is probably a 2 or 3 but might get a 1.

TCU on the other hand might get a low seed in the 10/11 range, but honestly I think they’re a 6 or 7 with how they’re playing right now, I wouldn’t want to face them in the 2nd round if I was a 2 seed. They are very capable. So it can go both ways. But ultimately I think most Big XII teams will get seeded a spot or two higher than they should.

BTW, the Big XII’s strength has never been at the top. We have some really good to dominant teams sometimes, but generally the strength is in the parity. Most conferences will have a couple really good teams, a couple good teams, a couple average teams, and a few horrible teams. The Big XII generally doesn’t really have any really bad teams. Just about anybody can beat you if you have a bad night or don’t bring a good effort. A lot of conferences are stronger at the very top I think, but the Big XII is stronger at the bottom and the middle imo. So I do think that there generally are 6 or 7 legitimate tourney teams, but often they are over seeded due to having a high SOS when the committee relies too much on computers and not enough on the eyeball test. This year’s KU team is likely a 3 seed if you judge by ability, but will likely get a 2 seed and possibly a 1 seed. Baylor is probably a 2 or 3 but might get a 1.

TCU on the other hand might get a low seed in the 10/11 range, but honestly I think they’re a 6 or 7 with how they’re playing right now, I wouldn’t want to face them in the 2nd round if I was a 2 seed. They are very capable. So it can go both ways. But ultimately I think most Big XII teams will get seeded a spot or two higher than they should.
King of trash takes

King of trash takes
I mean, that’s fine if you disagree, but it isn’t a trash take. The Big XII has a lot of parity. You can’t take a game off if you’re a top team. Other leagues are just as strong at the top imo, but the Big XII is more well rounded.

Last edited:
I mean, that’s fine if you disagree, but it isn’t a trash take. The Big XII has a lot of parity. You can’t take a game off if you’re a top team. Other leagues are just as strong at the top imo, but the Bog XII is more well rounded.
That's fine

Not a single big 12 team will make the final 4. I will bump this after the 2nd weekend. Looking forward to the matchup Excuses again like they did after the SEC won the challenge this year.
I like Auburn. Why are you like this?

Kansas fans seem to have the most hate for auburn. Thus I will call you Guys out for what you are. You bring up Oklahoma? Auburn stroked them my double digits. Baylor? Lost to Alabama. Kansas got its shit pushed in at home by a team auburn just beat a week prior.
Nobody hates auburn…. But it feels that way bc they don’t like you. You post like a junior high girl who just got her period.

But yeah, the investigation definitely hurt recruiting the last few years.
The crazy thing is that, since the start of the investigation (fall of 2017), Kansas has been the best Blue Blood…and it’s not really very close.

The crazy thing is that, since the start of the investigation (fall of 2017), Kansas has been the best Blue Blood…and it’s not really very close.
Duke might be debatable in that timeframe, but either way, it's really not saying that much.

Duke might be debatable in that timeframe, but either way, it's really not saying that much.
Well, they haven’t been to a FF and missed a tournament entirely (lol).

The only (kinda) BB with an argument is UCLA, and it’s not a good argument.

Tell me you're a KU fan without telling me you're a KU fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT