ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 6-0

Big XII definitely looks like a better conference. Not sure why you feel this desire to single out the Big Ten more than any other conference the Big XII looks better than, like the ACC or Pac-12.

As for your hypothetical, too bad you’ll never get to find out, much to the dismay of your many wishful thinking fans. :)

Big XII definitely looks like a better conference. Not sure why you feel this desire to single out the Big Ten more than any other conference the Big XII looks better than, like the ACC or Pac-12.

As for your hypothetical, too bad you’ll never get to find out, much to the dismay of your many wishful thinking fans. :)
Ouch.

I prefer running our own league. OU is really messing up following Texas the same. Being the king (or one of the kings) of your league is best, ask Nebraska football.

Who cares how your conference does? Would all you KU goons be puffing your chest about the Big 12 if you lost to a shorthanded, mediocre Creighton team? Doubt it.

Who cares how your conference does? Would all you KU goons be puffing your chest about the Big 12 if you lost to a shorthanded, mediocre Creighton team? Doubt it.
Most of us don’t care that much. But it’s fun to jab at other conference honks.

Btw, spare me the injury excuses. KU earned a one seed without Remy Martin and a center playing on one leg. They also went on the road and handled a tourney team without their All-American.

I just realized the Big 12 was a little luck in OT for Baylor men away from the league being 14-0 in men’s and women’s after today. 13-1 not bad tho.

the league just is flexing bball the last few years.

Memphis will join down the road I’m hearing and with Penny as a likely lifer, only going to get better.

I just realized the Big 12 was a little luck in OT for Baylor men away from the league being 14-0 in men’s and women’s after today. 13-1 not bad tho.

Memphis will join down the road I’m hearing and with Penny as a likely lifer, only going to get better.

Big 12 should wait and see what happens with the ACC when their current contract runs out. I think the Big Ten and SEC are going to raid the league unless the commissioner is able to close the revenue gap. If the Big 12 plays it's cards right, they could end up with Clemson, FSU and Miami FL.

If that doesn't materialize, then the Big 12 should look at their 2nd options like Memphis.

Reactions: hawkit3113

Certainly swinging a big dick.....Impressive.

He did coach in the B10.....

Won two conference titles...Finished 2nd the other.

Elite 8
SW 16
2nd round...

Or pretty much what he has done at Kansas....
And left Bruce Weber a gift wrapped championship roster that he couldn’t get it done with.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
And left Bruce Weber a gift wrapped championship roster that he couldn’t get it done with.
Self , IMO, would have more titles at Illinois, than KU----b/c that dude would have owned Chicago. NO, not saying Illinois is a better job----its not. But the recrutiing grounds? I mean Chicago, Indianapolis...Hell the states of Indiana and Illinois alone....He would have been a bigger monster than he is....

Glad that dude left...

Reactions: wesr
Self , IMO, would have more titles at Illinois, than KU----b/c that dude would have owned Chicago. NO, not saying Illinois is a better job----its not. But the recrutiing grounds? I mean Chicago, Indianapolis...Hell the states of Indiana and Illinois alone....He would have been a bigger monster than he is....

Glad that dude left...
Yup. Heck we got TJ Shannon out of Chicago. Lots of basketball talent in that city.

Glad that dude left...
You can't recruit Indiana and Illinois from Kansas? C'mon man...

You can't recruit Indiana and Illinois from Kansas? C'mon man...
Sure you can....But name me that last stud from Illinois or Indiana, that attended Kansas?

Now, go back and look at his Illinois teams...

His second team:
Luther Head(Fr)---Chicago
Roger Powell (Fr)-- Joilet, Illinois

3rd season:
Dee Brown: Maywood, Illinois(15 minutes from Chicago)
James Augustine: Moena, Ilinois(30 minutes from Chicago)

Recruited Brian Randle----Peroia..

He was just getting started......Dude was about to lock down Chicago, suburbs of Ciagago, Peroia....No Indiana kids----but that was coming.

Sure you can....But name me that last stud from Illinois or Indiana, that attended Kansas?

Now, go back and look at his Illinois teams...

His second team:
Luther Head(Fr)---Chicago
Roger Powell (Fr)-- Joilet, Illinois

3rd season:
Dee Brown: Maywood, Illinois(15 minutes from Chicago)
James Augustine: Moena, Ilinois(30 minutes from Chicago)

Recruited Brian Randle----Peroia..

He was just getting started......Dude was about to lock down Chicago, suburbs of Ciagago, Peroia....No Indiana kids----but that was coming.

He had a few early on (Collins and Julian Wright), but the only one since was Cliff Alexander.

He had a few early on (Collins and Julian Wright), but the only one since was Cliff Alexander.
The path he had Illinois on, he wasn't going to miss Chicago kids, etc, etc....And eventually, his ass would have made his way across the damn border to Indiana...Which was my point. Sure you can recruit Indiana/Illinois, @ KU----you can recruit anywhere @ Kansas. But being the HC at the flagship school, and having the success he was having, and was going to have.................

So glad he left Illinois----for many, many of MANY reasons.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT