ADVERTISEMENT

Better than blue bloods bouncing back.

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Who thinks, they'll be better?

Hard to bet against blue bloods bouncing back from a down year.

The key to their success has always been their PG.
Just as long as Campbell is there UCLA should have a chance in the tournament.

Juzang is a good player but they also had other scoring options and bring in a guy who people there have said could be a OAD
Myles Johnson and the freshman Peyton Watson are great additions.

Cronin is definitely a step up from their last coach.

Myles Johnson and the freshman Peyton Watson are great additions.

Cronin is definitely a step up from their last coach.

Watson is the one I am speaking about.
Could just be hype. Wouldn't be the first West Coast player.
But because a lot of the elite competitions didn't happen with this cycle we don't know where Watson stacks up.
He could be the best or he could be overhyped.

There is a young guard they have who I believe has tremendous upside.
Jaylen Clark. Would like to see him on the court more.

But because a lot of the elite competitions didn't happen with this cycle we don't know where Watson stacks up.

Watson played at the Iverson Classic and impressed, but overall you are right. Wasn’t nearly as many events to judge the top guys versus each other. Same issues will happen next cycle without real EYBL/Adidas events happening all spring and summer.

Why not UNC?
With Day’Ron Sharpe going pro and Kessler transferring they don’t have great rim protection. Manek and Bacot are solid but they don’t have as much depth as usual.

Hopefully Caleb Love takes a step up in terms of efficiency.

Overall it’s a top 25 team, just don’t see the upside compared to the rest of the blue bloods.

With Day’Ron Sharpe going pro and Kessler transferring they don’t have great rim protection. Manek and Bacot are solid but they don’t have as much depth as usual.

Hopefully Caleb Love takes a step up in terms of efficiency.

Overall it’s a top 25 team, just don’t see the upside compared to the rest of the blue bloods.
I'm surprised you put UK over them being they're coming off a 9-16 record.

I'm surprised you put UK over them being they're coming off a 9-16 record.
Completely different teams, you got rid of the cancer in Boston and Askew IMO.

Washington is a stud. Oscar is a big colleges win with. Collins should be similar production to Jackson. Transfers are all solid, but not too good that they don’t understand their roles.

Chemistry/Experience playing together should make you naturally progress as the season goes on. Expect a loss or 2 in the non-conference that they look rough. By the time conference and tournament play comes around they will be gelling.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
UCLA is being insanely overvalued for an incredible 4-5 game stretch. They were a play in team for a reason and will undoubtedly lose their fair share of games next season. I expect Duke and Kentucky to have better seasons. How much better remains to be seen, but I imagine them both being somewhere in the top 15 by seasons end

This is what I have been saying ever since "experts" have been picking them pre-season top 3. Ridiculous.
Should be closer to 10. But there is a group of teams that could be considered right after Gonzaga. Basically comes down to personal preference.

UCLA is being insanely overvalued for an incredible 4-5 game stretch. They were a play in team for a reason and will undoubtedly lose their fair share of games next season. I expect Duke and Kentucky to have better seasons. How much better remains to be seen, but I imagine them both being somewhere in the top 15 by seasons end

Disagree here.
When I saw them in December I thought they had a chance to make a run.
I didn’t watch much PAC 12 basketball but the conference was extremely undervalued

looking back...
I thought UCLA was going to come out with a #2 or #3 seed. I should have put the two together

But Arizona State and Stanford were extremely talented teams who didn’t do well in that conference.

UCLA is legit because of Tyger Campbell and of their multiple scoring options.
This isn’t even mentioning their toughness on the defensive end.

Their big Riley...
There is a lot to his game. If some more time in the gym he can become a 15 pig scorer.
He is someone to watch for next season

We actually do have a good idea from that Iverson camp that happened a couple weeks ago. Watson was said to be one of the top guys there.

ADVERTISEMENT