ADVERTISEMENT

Better Team All time: Depaul or Tennessee?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Untitled.png

vs.

Untitled.png

It's more even than you'd initially think based on the "top level" stats like Final Fours ... but I mean, you HAVE to go with DePaul. Even perennially underperforming NCAA Tournament programs like my Illini have been to 5 Final Fours, 0 is pretty astounding.

It's more even than you'd initially think based on the "top level" stats like Final Fours ... but I mean, you HAVE to go with DePaul. Even perennially underperforming NCAA Tournament programs like my Illini have been to 5 Final Fours, 0 is pretty astounding.
This is just another passive aggressive Troll thread by Lurker. I must have hurt his feelings earlier and he wants to strike back. Either that or he wants to exploit all the bad blood between DePaul and UT. 🤣

This is just another passive aggressive Troll thread by Lurker. I must have hurt his feelings earlier and he wants to strike back. Either that or he wants to exploit all the bad blood between DePaul and UT. 🤣
You sound conceited.
Why not answer the question?

All time Illinois would wipe the floor with both of these teams.

• Love
Reactions: all4theillini
You're making everything personal, it's a general bbal question.
Didn’t you just say I sounded conceited. Isn’t that personal?

I suppose I can feel good about helping to understand talking about the poster.

Didn’t you just say I sounded conceited. Isn’t that personal?

I suppose I can feel good about helping to understand talking about the poster.
Just stay on topic and not make things a soap opera.
Any opinions on the OP question?

Just stay on topic and not make things a soap opera.
Any opinions on the OP question?
Ok, my opinion of the OP's question is that it is a Troll of Tennessee to get back at me for hurting your feelings. That is my honest opinion of the OP's question.

Not sure why you think I have feelings.

Any opinions about bball?

Do you follow posters or teams?
Why else would you lash out of one thread trolling UT to create another?

You ask a lot of question to rarely answer any.

Why else would you last out of one thread trolling UT to create another?

You ask a lot of question to rarely answer any.
What do you mean "last out"?
*anyhow, I'm not getting into your vortex. I'm just here to talk ball.

Yeah, but I’m pretty sure you still consider Illinois a top 20ish program all time, am I wrong?

As much as I love the Illini I think this would be an interesting matchup:

DePaul:
George Mikan
Mark Aguirre
Terry Cummings
Bobby Simmons
Rod Strickland

Illini:
Kofi Cockburn
Nick Anderson
Dee Brown
Deron Williams
Ayo Dosunmu

yea DePaul all time team sweeps Illinois in 4 games. I mean it's not even close. The team you're putting out has 2 good NBA players and only 1 allstar.

just look at that front court matchup? We've got a center who is considered the greatest player in the first 50 years of the entire sport. Then there's Aguirre who is a several time all star and a former college player of the year. And then Cummings, another multi time NBA all star. Unlike the other two he was never college nationalplayer of the year, but he was a first team AA.

At the guard we're not going with Simmons. We'll go with Quentin Richardson, another AA who also was the NBA 3 point champ. And of course Rocket Rod Strickland, another player who made an all NBA team and was an AA in college.

This matchup can be summed up like this. Our center is considered one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. Your center has topped out in the Japanese B league.

• Haha
yea DePaul all time team sweeps Illinois in 4 games. I mean it's not even close. The team you're putting out has 2 good NBA players and only 1 allstar.

just look at that front court matchup? We've got a center who is considered the greatest player in the first 50 years of the entire sport. Then there's Aguirre who is a several time all star and a former college player of the year. And then Cummings, another multi time NBA all star. Unlike the other two he was never college nationalplayer of the year, but he was a first team AA.

At the guard we're not going with Simmons. We'll go with Quentin Richardson, another AA who also was the NBA 3 point champ. And of course Rocket Rod Strickland, another player who made an all NBA team and was an AA in college.

This matchup can be summed up like this. Our center is considered one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. Your center has topped out in the Japanese B league.
Laughing

Kofi Cockburn was a two time All American playing against players of similar height, weight and strength conditioning.

George Mikan was 6’10” 245 in an era when the average center was 6’6” 200.

Mikan trying to guard Kofi would be like Babe Ruth facing Jacob deGrom.

Laughing

Kofi Cockburn was a two time All American playing against players of similar height, weight and strength conditioning.

George Mikan was 6’10” 245 in an era when the average center was 6’6” 200.

Mikan trying to guard Kofi would be like Babe Ruth facing Jacob deGrom.
lol give me a break. No need to belittle one of the all time great players in the sport. Cockitch can't even bang his way to the the top league in Japan and you're gonna insult the legacy of a guy on basketball's Mt. Rushmore?

• Haha
Loved watching DePaul back in the Ray Meyer days. They have better history we have been better lately. Once we break thru with a final four the 2 are pretty comparable.
I know they’re few and far between on here but you’re prolly the best UT fan on this board. Glad you don’t take everything so personal and you have a sense of humor.

Last edited:
I know they’re few and far between on here but you’re prolly the best UT fans on this board. Glad you don’t take everything so personal and you have a sense of humor.
Yeah and it is regrettable that you got your butt hole puckered.

ADVERTISEMENT