Betsy Ross Surprised as Dems Prove Trump Broke a Crime . . . Soon

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by Random UK Fan, Jul 3, 2019.

1. bkingUK

bkingUK Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Seems like more outrage culture to me. Not sure was Ilhan Omar said that was so offensive after looking into it

2. proudopete

proudopete Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I had to google this mess to understand what y’all are so upset about. I don't allow myself to be a sheep and I don’t watch the 24 hour news channels or follow any political sites. I don’t know anything about Omar except that this quote was taken from a speech she made where she was discussing discrimination of Muslim people in the US since 9/11. What she said is factually true and clearly during this speech she isn’t going to attach this attack to Islam anymore than we attach the David Koresh and the Waco disaster to Christianity. It is true he was a Christian, or thought he was but we don’t judge all Christians based on his perverted translation of scripture.

It’s sad to see people politicize 9/11 when it actually brought us together and we promised to always remember...the victims and their families, not the hatred or the perverted religious views that caused it. This isn’t that and if you can’t see that, maybe back away from the propaganda for awhile. Had CNN ran a story with the picture of Trump welcoming the evangelical leaders in the Oval Office right next to a picture of the Davidian compound on fire and a headline that said something like, Trump welcomes Christian leaders to the White House, perhaps you would see it differently. There is no difference other than which religion you follow and how willing you are to look the other way when it’s your religion that has gone off the reservation.

That fact that anyone thinks I am a liberal, and it’s clear some do, just because I disagree with their panties being bunched up over words or lack of words, tells me exactly what I already believed was true. We are overran by sheep in this country and prime for any foreign power who cares to rile us up, to do so and in turn threaten the very democracy we all want to defend.

I’ll pray for any of you who politicize that day. The victims deserve much better and we should give it to them as promised.

3. JimboBBN

JimboBBN Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

No one is politicizing anything. You called a headline rhetoric when in fact it was the woman’s actual words that she used. And now you’re trying to act holier than thou with this book of a message calling people out for absolutely nothing. I hope you feel better now. You’re just making all of us sheep look horrible, aren’t you?

SNU0821 and LetsGoDuke301 like this.
  4. LetsGoDuke301

LetsGoDuke301 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Overall, this is a pretty fair post. I disagree that she was factually right or that the Waco analogy is a good one. But your overall point is good. It's not just this one comment that raises eyebrows. It's a whole lot of quotes that add up and lead to people questioning her dedication to America. If you choose to accept her comments as no big deal, that's fine. But many people don't accept that. The headline was not an attack on her, but her words. She's been asked multiple times to clarify what she meant and has refused to do so. The headline was not to incite violence, it was to put into perspective how irresponsible and unsympathetic her words were. And ftr, the headline is months old, not sure why it is just now getting attention. Probably brought back up because of yesterday being 9/11.

5. bMORE607

bMORE607 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The Democratic Party is completely unhinged. They are more upset about people being pissed off at Ilhan Omar for saying “some people did some things” when describing 9/11 than the actual dumb ass quote.

SNU0821 and LetsGoDuke301 like this.
  6. toonces11

toonces11 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Are you saying the poster child for outrage culture...got outrage cultured?......and its an outrage?

bkingUK, LetsGoDuke301 and bMORE607 like this.
  7. LetsGoDuke301

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Not that it matters. But the Dow Industrial is at about its highest average for the year and not a peep. We'll hear about the markets the next time there is a big one day loss.

8. BasketBallJunkie-UK

BasketBallJunkie-UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

And your point is?

9. bkingUK

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, Trump!

LetsGoDuke301 likes this.
  10. LetsGoDuke301

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Lol. The two posters that were rally calling for a recession after a bad day a few weeks ago. That's the point.

11. Global Havok

Global Havok Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Not sure who the two posters were, since I only check in on this thread like once every week or two, but that is not how the Dow works. The Dow being high right now in no way proves that that there is not a recession coming in the near future.

Conversely, the Dow being low doesn't mean that a recession is coming either. I'm guessing they didn't use the Dow being down as a reason for thinking a recession was coming, but if they did they also don't understand how the Dow works. The Dow was down at that point because people were seeing signs of a recession coming (yield curve inversion), people didn't anticipate a recession because of a bad day or week in the stock market.

UL_1986 likes this.
  12. LetsGoDuke301

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

My disclaimer was that I know it doesn't matter. You of all people should know the relevance in this topic seeing how you quoted me saying that the dems will talk about the market when it is down and the pubs will talk about it when it is up as some kind of antagonistic comment by me.

Both of those guys used the market day as evidence of a recession. That's why I said what I did about people only using the market when it fits a narrative. I just wanted to be the one to point out how good the markets are doing since they are only discussed when they are in a free fall. That's all

13. Global Havok

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If you know it isn't relevant, why post it? And I'm not sure how me quoting you weeks ago proves the relevance of a statement you just said was irrelevant?

And like I said, if they used the Dow being down to predict a recession then they also do not understand the stock market.

14. LetsGoDuke301

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

My intended audience already responded. You don't need to bother.

15. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You seem like you might be the one that is a little upset. How many times a day do people twist the Donald's words? I don't see you puffing up over it. Wouldn't it just be easier to be to acknowledge it was a dumb thing to say and she should really clarify what she meant---b/c this is a very emotional subject for americans at large? Or is it easier to explain around it with koresh/waco/christianity/scripture/CNN/Davidian compound/

16. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

17. LetsGoDuke301

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

18. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Can there be a rational explanation?

19. Global Havok

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I've read some people say that perhaps he isn't a total POS. Survival guilt can apparently make people manipulate their own memories to ease the guilt.

But honestly, he's probably just a piece of shit.

20. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I cant speak to that---b/c I've never been a victim of something serious (being a kansas football fan is close though). But I cant imagine inflating a story that makes you a hero and a focal point of a tragedy----as a valid coping mechanism. But, I know nothing about the subject. Just a tough spot b/c he actually was a victim of senseless violence---and now he has stripped himself of warranted compassion.

21. SNU0821

SNU0821 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Bert Higginbotha likes this.
  22. dukedevilz

dukedevilz Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

How long will it take me to get bingo tonight?

[​IMG]

Bert Higginbotha and bMORE607 like this.
  23. UL_1986

UL_1986 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You’re retired, right?

24. BasketBallJunkie-UK

BasketBallJunkie-UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't think I ever rallied for a recession. You just made that up lol

The Dow has little to do in gauging a recession. Its outdated and the fear when it drops is simply pulled out of someone's arse. We're not an industrialized nation anymore. The dow represents 30 companies, 30. And less than 1% of the companies in the US are public. The dow represents .008 of that 1%.

Keep the trade war going and a recession will hit. Its hurting a lot of businesses and hitting farmers very hard now. As I've stated Trump is not smart enough to understand a trade deficit. And apparently many of his followers aren't either. Bless their hearts...

25. hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

@dukedevilz build me a 2020 work calendar on excel. My excel skills have deteriorated

26. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If only we could all be as smart as you

27. bMORE607

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Trump is (negative comment) should be the free space, imho.

28. LetsGoDuke301

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You're right, you weren't on the market, you were on the trade war.

No offense, but the links you provided regarding trade deficits earlier ITT show how little you understand them yourself. You're basically just clinging to anything negative. I honestly don't think that you believe anything good is happening in our country.

Nobody is denying that the trade war is hurting us. At the same time, it isn't hurting as much as it was predicted to. Still, our economy is the strongest in the world and more people are working now than at any time in our country's history. We have leverage against China and it should lead to a better deal which would allow for more stability and higher confidence. I have seen people back way off of their recession predictions and now say that it will likely be more of a slowdown in growth. If Trump gets re-elected, the deal will be made. If one of these whacked out dems win the election, China wins and a major recession is inevitable.

JC for 3 likes this.
  29. I am stupid

I am stupid Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. Just change the Trump is (negative comment) to Negative Trump comment from moderator.

bMORE607 likes this.
  30. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Can’t believe moderators showed such blatant bias.

lurkeraspect84 likes this.
  31. bMORE607

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

What did they say?

32. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

33. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Someone bite and tell me why that work rule is unfair

34. bkingUK

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think you’re confusing the stock markets with the economy. Two different things. Markets can be an indicator of an economy in turmoil, but even then, a segment of gains doesn’t mean the economy is healthy.

And for the last ****ing time, Trump’s role in the economy is overstated. President’s role in the economy is overstated. In Trump’s case, the economic sanctions of China do have short term impacts but that’s not going to be the single cause of a recession. Markets right now are rebounding off news that there will be more trade talks with China. That’s just the short term.

It’s like forecasting that global warming is a myth because of a cold day in December. It’s not making a point.

Ignore what you want. Reality is that the economy booms and economy busts. Who you’re cheerleading for doesn’t make a difference.

UL_1986 likes this.
  35. bkingUK

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And for the record, I actually like Trump being tough on Huawei and think economic warfare with China is justified. But I also think he’s just using it as leverage and will ultimately fold before the election. He will then claim it’s the best deal ever made.

36. LetsGoDuke301

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I am not educated on it enough to argue. I am just giving you shit because you brought up the market when it had a one day collapse. I even predicted that it wouldn't be brought up again. That's all.

37. LetsGoDuke301

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Any deal he makes he will claim to be the best deal ever. We all know that. Lol

bkingUK likes this.
  38. I am stupid

Expand Collapse

So Beto just said he would take AR-15's and Ak-47's(and all assault rifles). Not "mandatory buyback", but TAKE. He was met with a round of applause.

Who were the people on here saying nobody wanted to take any of our guns away?

Bert Higginbotha likes this.
  39. LetsGoDuke301

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

What is it going to take for people to quit calling AR's assault rifles?

JC for 3 likes this.
  40. I am stupid

Expand Collapse

They are assault rifles..... by their definition. ;)

I liked the question. The moderator just straight up said people view the mandatory buyback as a confiscation, and asked if that is what he was going to do.