ADVERTISEMENT

Best year since...

Jul 6, 2007
UK, Duke, Kansas, and Carolina. The only four that really matter, right near the top.

giphy.gif

You post this but watch. Only half, maybe even 1 of them, will be truly relevant come tournament time.
Nah. Maybe none of them makes the FF, but going into the NCAAT, at least 3 of them will be relevant, and likely all 4.

Reactions: KisteK
I still don't think Duke belongs in this conversation.

See, I really like your team this year. I'm usually not that confident in a Duke team full of freshman but I'm a big fan of Reddish and Jones (especially think he will be key).

See, I really like your team this year. I'm usually not that confident in a Duke team full of freshman but I'm a big fan of Reddish and Jones (especially think he will be key).
Yea I like them better than last year by quite a bit. Reason is you have interchangeable wing/forwards in Barrett , Reddish , and Williamson that K usually does well with. Where last year their team was back court thin and big man centric. I think they will space the floor better and click better on offense. Plus Jones will be a better true PG than Duval was.

You post this but watch. Only half, maybe even 1 of them, will be truly relevant come tournament time.
All of 'em!
Come believe with us..... Laughing
It does look to be a fun season.

Gimmie two of those and at least two of Zags, Nevada, Syracuse, Virgina in the E8, and I'm still a happy cbb fan.

Both of which are injured and could not play in Canada. This is my biggest concern... you have a freshmen heavy team and 2 of your starters are missing time already delaying their progression as a team. We will see what happens, not looking forward to the Kentucky game.

I feel like it was only a couple of years ago that those 4 with Indiana and UCLA were all in the top 10.

So isn't it pretty normal for KU/UK/Duke/UNC to all be ranked pretty high at the same time?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I feel like it was only a couple of years ago that those 4 with Indiana and UCLA were all in the top 10.

So isn't it pretty normal for KU/UK/Duke/UNC to all be ranked pretty high at the same time?
Yeah, it happens every year.

Both of which are injured and could not play in Canada. This is my biggest concern... you have a freshmen heavy team and 2 of your starters are missing time already delaying their progression as a team. We will see what happens, not looking forward to the Kentucky game.

I'm not looking forward to that game because it's just going to be ugly. Young teams doing young team things. I don't think it even matters who wins, to be frank. Just get out without an injury, learn from mistakes, and boost that SOS.

Why’s that?

I believe these four begin in the top 5 about 80% of the time. Still not buying Kentucky being so much better this year, last years Villanova would easily win it again this year. Maybe cbb is down overall?
It’s always an up year until Kentucky drops out of the top 20. Then it’s a down year. Then it’s an up year again if they make the Final Four. We’ll see what happens.

I'm usually not on the UK preseason hype train, this year is going to be special though. Best indicator is Cal being confident before we even play a game. He's the most pessimistic guy in the world when it comes to our team early in the year, and you can tell even he's excited about the team.

Reactions: BlueRupp

Sorry, man. Just trying to include everyone before Kansas chokes. :cool:

Why’s that?

I believe these four begin in the top 5 about 80% of the time. Still not buying Kentucky being so much better this year, last years Villanova would easily win it again this year. Maybe cbb is down overall?

Mathematically, that makes no sense. Four of the top five are these teams four out of every five years? That's some straight up monkey math right there.

Why’s that?

love them or hate them, the blue bloods are the engine that drives the train

of course you feel that way about UK
you are a UL fan, there is no way on earth you could feel any different, your head would explode
even though i will admit that it will be tough to duplicate the beat down we gave you last year

so many potential great teams this year, i would say this is an up year

Reactions: BlueRupp
Mathematically, that makes no sense. Four of the top five are these teams four out of every five years? That's some straight up monkey math right there.

that is just Rocky doing Rocky things
he tries, but his struggle is real

Reactions: treyforuk
love them or hate them, the blue bloods are the engine that drives the train

of course you feel that way about UK
you are a UL fan, there is no way on earth you could feel any different, your head would explode
even though i will admit that it will be tough to duplicate the beat down we gave you last year

so many potential great teams this year, i would say this is an up year
You’re looking at it through a Kentucky fans eyes, all college basketball fans are happy when their team does well.

Why’s that?

Yeah, probably not another 29 pt beat down... maybe 15-20...

ADVERTISEMENT