ADVERTISEMENT

Best player in college basketball so far?

Young is the obvious choice. How do you argue against 29 PTs and 10 assists a game? That's ridiculous.
Still go with Bagley. K is teaching to play within a system. NBA is a system. Young is a great talent, but seriously, even Curry knows how to play within system. Kruger is whoring out his system he played with for years to accommodate Young. K is teaching more to Bagley than Young is learning. Homerism alert. Calipari wouldn't let Davis float out side and shot threes, he also wouldn't with Towns and sure as shit didn't with Labessierre.

Bagley hands down. No question in my mind. Duke is still the favorite to win the title and it's going to be because of Carter and Bagley.

Last edited:
Still go with Bagley. K is teaching to play within a system. NBA is a system. Young is a great talent, but seriously, even Curry knows how to play within system.

Bagley hands down.
Yeah...no...has to be Trae

At this point it's not even debatable. It's objectively Trae Young. He's currently putting together quite possibly the greatest season in the history of college basketball. By that fact alone that means there's no debating his placement at the top for this season.

Leading the NCAA in PPG and APG is something that has never been done as far as I can recall/remember.

Still go with Bagley. K is teaching to play within a system. NBA is a system. Young is a great talent, but seriously, even Curry knows how to play within system. Kruger is whoring out his system he played with for years to accommodate Young. K is teaching more to Bagley than Young is learning. Homerism alert. Calipari wouldn't let Davis float out side and shot threes, he also wouldn't with Towns and sure as shit didn't with Labessierre.

Bagley hands down. No question in my mind. Duke is still the favorite to win the title and it's going to be because of Carter and Bagley.
How many duke bigs have you seen go on to dominate in the NBA? K is teaching a system sure but that has nothing to do with nba success

Reactions: JayJay3512
What is Young's usage rate so far this year? Pretty crazy to see a high level program like OU run an offense where 1 guy dominates the ball probably 75-90% of the time he's on the court. Usually see that more with mid-majors. Either way it works.

Reactions: bhudson421
Watching Mo Bamba dominate the game last night, I’d have to think he’s in the conversation. 7’9” wingspan, the kid blocks shots from the out of nowhere. He’s got good range, runs the floor incredible well, and is an absolute beast defending the rim.

Watching Mo Bamba dominate the game last night, I’d have to think he’s in the conversation. 7’9” wingspan, the kid blocks shots from the out of nowhere. He’s got good range, runs the floor incredible well, and is an absolute beast defending the rim.

He's in a conversation, but not the conversation of this thread. The conversation you're looking for is the one in the draft thread about who should go #1. He definitely belongs in that conversation.

He's in a conversation, but not the conversation of this thread. The conversation you're looking for is the one in the draft thread about who should go #1. He definitely belongs in that conversation.
That’s fair.

How many duke bigs have you seen go on to dominate in the NBA? K is teaching a system sure but that has nothing to do with nba success

K has had three NBA big all stars. I wonder how many coaches around today have more? Duke players are also earning more money than anybody else, despite having five fewer players then the next earning team. I think Duke has done fine with the NBA, and will be even better in the next few years.

What is Young's usage rate so far this year? Pretty crazy to see a high level program like OU run an offense where 1 guy dominates the ball probably 75-90% of the time he's on the court. Usually see that more with mid-majors. Either way it works.

2nd Highest usage in the nation, 1st in PER

In other words, hes crushing while carrying as heavy a load as possible. Stuff we rarely see, if ever.

Hes having a superior season to Steph Currys last year in college.

Certainly having the best statistical season of anyone of recent memory.

Maybe Pistol Pete or someone had vetter stats, but not anyone recently.

2nd Highest usage in the nation, 1st in PER

In other words, hes crushing while carrying as heavy a load as possible. Stuff we rarely see, if ever.

Hes having a superior season to Steph Currys last year in college.

Certainly having the best statistical season of anyone of recent memory.

Maybe Pistol Pete or someone had vetter stats, but not anyone recently.

Yeah, that is pretty absurd with that usage rate. Generally, when people get excited about a guy playing small minutes but doing great they don't realize when usage rates go up efficiency generally goes down. Amazing what Young is doing.

I am pretty sure that my comment will be twisted, but....

If you swapped teams --> Young to Duke and Bagley to OU do you think you'd have the same opinion?

I think Young has more opportunity to show his stuff at OU. If he was at Duke, UK, Kansas, UNC the shots/points would be more distributed across the team.

I think Bagley is the whole package....and yes, I like Young alot.

I am pretty sure that my comment will be twisted, but....

If you swapped teams --> Young to Duke and Bagley to OU do you think you'd have the same opinion?

I think Young has more opportunity to show his stuff at OU. If he was at Duke, UK, Kansas, UNC the shots/points would be more distributed across the team.

I think Bagley is the whole package....and yes, I like Young alot.

Trae Young is far superior to Bagley. This is not a knock on Bagley, its simply the truth. Hes putting up historically great stats.

K has had three NBA big all stars. I wonder how many coaches around today have more? Duke players are also earning more money than anybody else, despite having five fewer players then the next earning team. I think Duke has done fine with the NBA, and will be even better in the next few years.
I’ll take UK’s bigs over Duke bigs in the NBA all day long. KAT, Big Cuz, and Brow are superior to any of Duke’s bigs and it’s not remotely close. Plus, Coach Cal has other bigs as well that are carving out solid careers in the league.

At this point it's not even debatable. It's objectively Trae Young. He's currently putting together quite possibly the greatest season in the history of college basketball. By that fact alone that means there's no debating his placement at the top for this season.

Leading the NCAA in PPG and APG is something that has never been done as far as I can recall/remember.
Lot of games left in this season, but I’ll take Big Dog’s last season for Purdue over Young this season.

Young reminds me a lot of former LSU star Chris Jackson(Mahmoud Abdul-Ruaf for you younger guys). Averaged 30 and 4apg as a frosh. Dude was unreal.

So to answer the ????----Yeah. Trae Young.

Reactions: Montana81
It's not even close at this point. Trae Young is having an absolutely mind-blowing season so far.

Nearly 30ppg, over 10apg, shooting 41%+ from 3

Top 5 nationally in a ton of stats, including #1 in PPG, #1 APG, #1 PER, #1 in assist%, #3 in over all points produced, #1 in Offensive WinShares, #4 in overall WinShares, #1 in box plus/minus,

Reactions: bMORE607
ADVERTISEMENT