ADVERTISEMENT

Best Off Season Ever

BasketBallJunkie-UK

Nov 18, 2011
With the transfer rule, NIL being implemented, it certainly has changed the face of college basketball. It's given us plenty to think about and talk about.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a loaded, not only top 10, but probably up to 25-40.

The parity is unusual. It would be nice if that is heading to a norm and not an exception.

Being a fan of a team that won a total of 9 games and a year later probably a top 10 team is unreal. But we're use the turn over and new faces every year. I'm really optimistic about our chances, but my expectations are never set until I actually see them play. We're going to be competitive, have a chance and as a fan that's all I can ask for.

With the SEC, going to be a grinder, and our non conference schedule being tough, this up coming season is going to be a blast. Lots of ups and downs for sure.

Everybody enjoy your team and the up coming season. It should be a good one!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Im on the opposite end of the spectrum but im not big on change, and my team isnt looking like we will contend for anything either, so obv biased.

With the transfer rule, NIL being implemented, it certainly has changed the face of college basketball. It's given us plenty to think about and talk about.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a loaded, not only top 10, but probably up to 25-40.

The parity is unusual. It would be nice if that is heading to a norm and not an exception.

Being a fan of a team that won a total of 9 games and a year later probably a top 10 team is unreal. But we're use the turn over and new faces every year. I'm really optimistic about our chances, but my expectations are never set until I actually see them play. We're going to be competitive, have a chance and as a fan that's all I can ask for.

With the SEC, going to be a grinder, and our non conference schedule being tough, this up coming season is going to be a blast. Lots of ups and downs for sure.

Everybody enjoy your team and the up coming season. It should be a good one!
It has definitely been the most busy offseason, and with all the change, it is fun. I like to mix things up and see how it plays out.

Talent wise, I like this Indiana team. BUT, of course the BIG question is---Can Woody coach it? IMO, I think he can. I have no expectations b/c well, just dunno with the HC.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Talent wise, I like this Indiana team. BUT, of course the BIG question is---Can Woody coach it? IMO, I think he can. I have no expectations b/c well, just dunno with the HC.
I think he can. He needs some college experienced guys around him. IU and UNC are traveling down similar roads with their legacy, with the exception of Roy being very successful. At the new coaches ages, they are not there for the long term, but to add or keep stability and the program solid. Gives everyone a chance to take a breath and land the right coach for the long term. I think you guys are going to really competitive.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I think he can. He needs some college experienced guys around him. IU and UNC are traveling down similar roads with their legacy, with the exception of Roy being very successful. At the new coaches ages, they are not there for the long term, but to add or keep stability and the program solid. Gives everyone a chance to take a breath and land the right coach for the long term. I think you guys are going to really competitive.
This is the key, and why I think he'll be ok. Matta and Fife are big time adds. Rosemond has 15 years under his belt. He's got good folk around him. Talent is there.

Offseason has been great considering we lost Roy and replaced him with someone with no real experience. Just have to see whether or not he can coach and if the changes he wants to implement show up as success on the court. UNC's schedule is pretty brutal so he could do a pretty solid job and UNC could still struggle.

ADVERTISEMENT