ADVERTISEMENT

Best basketball league over last 3-5 years - debate

Wisconsin is tied with UT in the latest USNW rankings, with Illinois one spot behind. Illinois and Wisconsin regularly flip flop, with UI finishing ahead in many recent years. “No way”? Illinois and Wisconsin are at worst equals of Texas. Ohio State, Purdue and Maryland are just behind, and that is where the Big Ten is stronger. Pretty big drop off from the top in the Big XII with a very poorly ranked lower tier.
No one is going to argue the Big 10 isn’t superior to the Big 12 or really any power 5 in academics. Only competition is the PAC. Big 10 hands down top academic league.

But Texas would be 3rd academically in the big 10. End of discussion

have a family member at Wisconsin (Madison) and been there many times. And it’s a poor man’s Texas if you want to call it that. At best. Beautiful campus there on the lake. I love it. But Texas is a behemoth in comparison. The richest school in the world by a mile to boot

Michigan is the #1 public school in the country. NW is a top 10 school overall in the country

Big Ten homers...

Gave them the bait and they ran with it until facts proved otherwise.

When you are #1 in a field...

You are better than every school in this country.
Yale, Stanford, MIT, Cal Tech...

All season they were the biggest homers about their conference.

Told them I didn't see a Final 4 team they freaked out and kept bumping threads all year

Funny how they stopped bumping threads in March😂
Funny how you stfu about all of your Texas proclamations when they shit their pants in January. Now you're back with a new HC after we told you all how stupid you'd have to be to believe Shaka was a good coach. GFTO with your dumb ass revisionist history.

Does UT teach self-awareness? Maybe they can give you a lesson. 🤡

Funny how you stfu about all of your Texas proclamations when they shit their pants in January. Now you're back with a new HC after we told you all how stupid you'd have to be to believe Shaka was a good coach. GFTO with your dumb ass revisionist history.

Does UT teach self-awareness? Maybe they can give you a lesson. 🤡

At least Marquette believed so.

No one is going to argue the Big 10 isn’t superior to the Big 12 or really any power 5 in academics. Only competition is the PAC. Big 10 hands down top academic league.

have a family member at Wisconsin (Madison) and been there many times. And it’s a poor man’s Texas if you want to call it that. At best. Beautiful campus there on the lake. I love it. But Texas is a behemoth in comparison. The richest school in the world by a mile to boot

Michigan is the #1 public school in the country. NW is a top 10 school overall in the country
ACC is on par with the Big 10 in terms of academics and prestige imo. The PAC is better at the top than both conferences imo.

Reactions: sgrooms
source.gif

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Look at the B1G homers...

Funny how Big Ten fans are acting like they aren't homers.

Your field of study matters in academics. There are numerous majors that the University of Texas is superior to every school in the Big Ten.

Academic Smack Talk doesn't work either.

And Murray’s State University has a better OSHA program than (enter your school here). It’s one of the top 2-3 in the country.

Now what exactly that has to do with sports has alluded me.

ACC is on par with the Big 10 in terms of academics and prestige imo. The PAC is better at the top than both conferences imo.

Maybe. I still go big 10

We can all agree Big 12 and SEC the dumbest.

issue is you have Clemson, VT, Syracuse, NC State, FSU and others weighing down schools like UVA, UNC, Duke, Miami, etc.

It’s prob close, but ya pac top few win all with Stanford, Cal, USC and UCLA.

Reactions: KisteK
Maybe. I still go big 10

We can all agree Big 12 and SEC the dumbest.

issue is you have Clemson, VT, Syracuse, NC State, FSU and others weighing down schools like UVA, UNC, Duke, Miami, etc.

It’s prob close, but ya pac top few win all with Stanford, Cal, USC and UCLA.

You need to swap FSU and Miami and just keep us off at this point 😂 not looking great for next year unf imo

Maybe they would! But end of discussion?? GMAB. Illinois and Wisconsin are as good of schools by near any broad ranking.

When it comes to public grad schools, it's Berkeley, Michigan way ahead of the rest.

Texas, Wisconsin, uva, unc, ucla, and a few others are basically tied for third.

ADVERTISEMENT