ADVERTISEMENT

Best and worst big ten fanbases

Cal's Short-term reasoning ? You've got a point. Long-term calculation ?? Down the road a few years, the Wildcats had much to lose and little to gain -playing you -given the eventual state you've found yourself in.
So......It made sense to play Portland State or Samford, opposed to IU? Got it. Plus, after cancelling the IU series, UK played Baylor instead---in Rupp, and lost. And then lost to them again. Then went to UCLA, who was unranked, not that good, and yep----lost. Then....lost to them again---at home. Then played VaTech.....who was so-so. Won that game. Last year, IU date was Seton Hall....Who UK, you guessed it---lost to. Seton Hall was "ok".

So, since the series was cancelled UK has lost to Baylor twice......UCLA twice, and Seton Hall. Best win in that slot was----VaTech. None of those were that much better than IU. Losing to them would have been no difference than losing to IU.

Note: UCLA in 2016-17 was a SW 16 team, that was highly regarded. A team UK beat in the Regional Semi's......Baylor on 2013-14 did lose 12 games, BUT, did recover to advance to the SW 16. So those losses were probably better than losing to IU. I guess.

In a nutshell, UK hasn't upgraded. They haven't replaced the Indiana game with some Top 5, marquee game. Its been Baylor(2), UCLA(2) and VaTech. Lets not act as if UK added the Lakers, here.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
So......It made sense to play Portland State or Samford, opposed to IU? Got it. Plus, after cancelling the IU series, UK played Baylor instead---in Rupp, and lost. And then lost to them again. Then went to UCLA, who was unranked, not that good, and yep----lost. Then....lost to them again---at home. Then played VaTech.....who was so-so. Won that game. Last year, IU date was Seton Hall....Who UK, you guessed it---lost to. Seton Hall was "ok".

So, since the series was cancelled UK has lost to Baylor twice......UCLA twice, and Seton Hall. Best win in that slot was----VaTech. None of those were that much better than IU. Losing to them would have been no difference than losing to IU.

Note: UCLA in 2016-17 was a SW 16 team, that was highly regarded. A team UK beat in the Regional Semi's......Baylor on 2013-14 did lose 12 games, BUT, did recover to advance to the SW 16. So those losses were probably better than losing to IU. I guess.

In a nutshell, UK hasn't upgraded. They haven't replaced the Indiana game with some Top 5, marquee game. Its been Baylor(2), UCLA(2) and VaTech. Lets not act as if UK added the Lakers, here.
Have to hand it to ya': After posting a few no-thought/off the top of my head shots @ the IU side of the Ky/IU rivalry, you put together a 1st class research job, it would appear. Should I feel the need to do a number on the Hoosiers down the road, I'll give it the requisite background effort that it deserves.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Have to hand it to ya': After posting a few no-thought/off the top of my head shots @ the IU side of the Ky/IU rivalry, you put together a 1st class research job, it would appear. Should I feel the need to do a number on the Hoosiers down the road, I'll give it the requisite background effort that it deserves.
I don't trust this post....:eek:

Its funny he mentions Purdue basketball fans as being the conspiracy theorists when in reality, after we stole swanigan from under izzos fingertips, msu fans had all sorts of idiotic theories about swanigan just switching to the program that better fit him.

The Branden Dawson meltdown on the Purdue board was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. Then he came to West Lafayette and threw down a windmill dunk, which blew all the air out of the building...one of my favorites.

The Branden Dawson meltdown on the Purdue board was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. Then he came to West Lafayette and threw down a windmill dunk, which blew all the air out of the building...one of my favorites.

Ahh the Branden Dawson recruitment. That was an interesting one to say the least lol.

Just a simple credit-where-credit-is-due post. A breakdown of Indiana's b-ball scheduling a while back isn't the kind of deal that will ordinarily bring out any trap-setting or hidden moves, one might think.
I wish they would just play. I remember going to the games at Freedom Hall. Just awesome. The games at the RCA Dome, were good----But just didn't have the feel of Freedom Hall. I think a game at Bankers would be electric. Its a fun series....A fun rivalry. Its a shame the series was cancelled.

Playing anyone would be an upgrade over Indiana.

Doesn't matter the record as long as it is not against IU.
I didnt expect you to understand the question...

BTW---I suspect you are just like Cal----Just can't take losing to Indiana. It was all fun for John, when beating up on a depleted IU team, and his friend, Tom Crean. But...once that changed, losing two of three to Crean and IU was just to much for ol' Johnny to handle.Laughing

I didnt expect you to understand the question...

BTW---I suspect you are just like Cal----Just can't take losing to Indiana. It was all fun for John, when beating up on a depleted IU team, and his friend, Tom Crean. But...once that changed, losing two of three to Crean and IU was just to much for ol' Johnny to handle.Laughing
IU is so good they are now a middle of the road to bottom feeder in the Big 10. A team everyone should fear. A team that sits home while 68 other teams are playing in the NCAA tournament. I am sure Cal is scared to death to play IU.

best fanbase: Purdue. best home advantage in the nation

Worst: MSU

giphy.gif

You don't even have the best home advantage in the B1G.

October 11, 2018 / Jeff Goodman / Stadium Basketball Insider
BIG TEN COACHES RANK GAME ATMOSPHERE ( along with other job factors)

#1 Purdue
#2 Indiana
#3 MSU
#4 Maryland
#5 Wisc
#6 Nebr
#7 Mich
#8 Ohio St.
#9 Minn
#10 Illinois
#11 Iowa
#12 Northw
#13 Penn St.
#14 Rutgers

Jeff Goodman. Asking the B10 COACHES

October 11, 2018 / Jeff Goodman / Stadium Basketball Insider
BIG TEN COACHES RANK GAME ATMOSPHERE ( along with other job factors)

#1 Purdue
#2 Indiana
#3 MSU
#4 Maryland
#5 Wisc
#6 Nebr
#7 Mich
#8 Ohio St.
#9 Minn
#10 Illinois
#11 Iowa
#12 Northw
#13 Penn St.
#14 Rutgers

Jeff Goodman. Asking the B10 COACHES

That ain't a link. Here are some links for you

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/09/20/toughest-arenas-places-play-college-hoops

http://rpiratings.com/homecourtrec.php

You broke all your fingers and you can't Google it ??? The "toughest arenas to play in, by the way, is not synonymous with " best atmosphere", as you know. And to review, the last claim you made didn't reference all of Div. I -as John H. posted - but just Big10 arenas.

That last link provided proves you don’t have the the best home advantage which dumbshit said.

IU is so good they are now a middle of the road to bottom feeder in the Big 10. A team everyone should fear. A team that sits home while 68 other teams are playing in the NCAA tournament. I am sure Cal is scared to death to play IU.
Where did I say he was scared? I said he can't handle losing to Indiana. That game in Dec, of 2011, really got to Cal. Hurt his ego. So, instead of having #1 IU come into Rupp the following season, and put a beat down on his boys----He simply starts making excuses...Series cancelled. Embarrassment avoided.Laughing

That last link provided proves you don’t have the the best home advantage which dumbshit said.
WTF ??!! No matter WHAT the hell someone chooses to pay attention to, nobody can " PROVE " a school has the best homecourt advantage/best atmosphere !!! For Christ's sake it's 100 % SUBJECTIVE. You DO realize that, don't you ??

WTF ??!! No matter WHAT the hell someone chooses to pay attention to, nobody can " PROVE " a school has the best homecourt advantage/best atmosphere !!! For Christ's sake it's 100 % SUBJECTIVE. You DO realize that, don't you ??

I literally gave you the data of highest winning percentage to determine the best home court advantage. How is that subjective?

How can you think he’s not just trolling?

In any case, i actually think there’s a good point within the troll job: Purdue has a helluva home court advantage. Perhaps the best non blue blood? Depends on the time frame fo sho

I just don’t think he has the capacity to troll like this. His trolling is like a wet fart at a funeral.

Thread over on the fball board about which football teams have the best/worst fanbases. How would you rank the basketball fanbases you've interacted with?
I would say PURDUE is far above anyone else. They are loud, loyal and travel.

ADVERTISEMENT