ADVERTISEMENT

Best and worst big ten fanbases

JohnHoosierr

Jan 10, 2015
Thread over on the fball board about which football teams have the best/worst fanbases. How would you rank the basketball fanbases you've interacted with?

Thread over on the fball board about which football teams have the best/worst fanbases. How would you rank the basketball fanbases you've interacted with?
I think its easy---:D..............Purdue.;)

JK----Well, kind of. I think all fan bases can be the best---and can be the worst. SOme(IU/PU, MSU, UM, OSU, etc...) are just more visible. Others like NB, PSU, etc, etc...just don't have the numbers/exposure to really have a title of "best/worst".

IMO, its almost impossible to label an entire fan base as large as an IU, PU, MSU, UM, etc, etc....For the most part, most are pretty sensible as a whole.

Reactions: boilerzz
giphy.gif

Indiana has the absolute worst fan base in basketball. You know it’s bad when cal basically has to say he won’t play there and allow himself, his players, or their families put up with their shit. I couldn’t tell you about the 56 fans that show up for football.

I would put Wisconsin and you douchebags on their as well.

Reactions: MSU1986 and kl40504
Only away venue ive ever been to was breslin center. Some bitchy old lady kept giving us dirty looks for being for Purdue fans and we weren't even being obnoxious. Other than that it was fine. We got our ass whooped tho.

I think its easy---:D..............Purdue.;)

JK----Well, kind of. I think all fan bases can be the best---and can be the worst. SOme(IU/PU, MSU, UM, OSU, etc...) are just more visible. Others like NB, PSU, etc, etc...just don't have the numbers/exposure to really have a title of "best/worst".

IMO, its almost impossible to label an entire fan base as large as an IU, PU, MSU, UM, etc, etc....For the most part, most are pretty sensible as a whole.
IU has the worst fans in the nation. What would the IU fans be like if they really had a basketball team?

Have to agree. Uk fans are trash. Louisville is trash too. Something in the water in kentuck!

giphy.gif

Looking for Purdue on the "Basketball programs who have accomplished something important in the last 30 years" list....couldn't find anything....even beyond is pretty bare....must be sad having to make an account with your rival’s name....that's when you know the program you root for stinks....

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Looking for Purdue on the "Basketball programs who have accomplished something important in the last 30 years" list....couldn't find anything....even beyond is pretty bare....must be sad having to make an account with your rivals name....that's when you know your program you root for stinks....

Quite possibly the two best Louisville posters here. That’s tough to say as a uk fan, but y’all deserve credit. Keep up the good work and hating zipp

I remember when @zipp tried posting here. He was chewed up and spit out pretty quick.
Total douchebag. I hate her consistent and feeble attempts to troll with the whole slapdick thing. It’s played out, plus those of us who don’t get triggered by it makes it worse. You can’t have a conversation with her because it’s always some stupid comment she comes back with rather than just have a conversation

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'd actually really like to Go to a game at the horse shoe. For wherever reason purdue seems to be osu's kryptonite.
I was fortunate enough to have a sister attend OSU and she got me season tickets one year I lived up there, every game was pretty great. Even if you're not an OSU fan, it was still as fun as it could be.

In basketball, they are all dick smacks. They care all arrogant doosh bags. In football most seem to stay in there lane.

Oddly enough, in basketball, OSU fans seem alright. MSU aren't too bad either. And UM

Reactions: MGC_07
As an official:

Basketball:
Best-------Michigan
Worst----Illinois

Baseball:
Best----Ohio State
Worst---INDIANA----It ain't close

Reactions: KisteK
Purdue football fans are by far the best in both sports. Football fans know they have the best coach in their league. Basketball fans cheer for Matt Haarms with out laughing.

Best-OSU for sure. None of them really troll. Pretty chill group.

Worst- most of em

I don’t spend a lot of time in B10 country, but from my experience, Michigan people tend to be cool. Not sure how that correlates to their sports fandom.

If I were to judge fanbases based on what I’ve come across online or seen on TV, I’d label Maryland the worst. Illinois b-ball fans used to be pretty brutal. Before they became extinct, of course.

Probably like UK fans?
No where close. You and have I discussed how I was treated my last visit to Assembly hall only because I wore Kentucky apparel. Cal will not play IU at Assembly because of the way the players were treated on UK's last visit.

I don’t spend a lot of time in B10 country, but from my experience, Michigan people tend to be cool. Not sure how that correlates to their sports fandom.

If I were to judge fanbases based on what I’ve come across online or seen on TV, I’d label Maryland the worst. Illinois b-ball fans used to be pretty brutal. Before they became extinct, of course.

Let's see if I can live up to your expectations - kiss my ass you jj redick luving piece of swine poop. Just like BBN - lots of hype, all the recruits - no more hardware than Nova or UVA in last 10 years.

I am not cool.

Indiana has the absolute worst fan base in basketball. You know it’s bad when cal basically has to say he won’t play there and allow himself, his players, or their families put up with their shit. I couldn’t tell you about the 56 fans that show up for football.

I would put Wisconsin and you douchebags on their as well.

I’d agree, hell I thought you were an IU fam after seeing how much you posted on the IU free board. I’d say from my experience after IU it’s OSU and Maryland. Ohio being one of the most white trash states and Maryland of course due to throwing batteries at games. The rest I haven’t had a bad interaction with.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
No where close. You and have I discussed how I was treated my last visit to Assembly hall only because I wore Kentucky apparel. Cal will not play IU at Assembly because of the way the players were treated on UK's last visit.

Are you sure it didn’t have something to do with the fact that you’re a robot, and you were stuck in “you’re cheaters” setting?

Reactions: HRTheCard
I’d agree, hell I thought you were an IU fam after seeing how much you posted on the IU free board. I’d say from my experience after IU it’s OSU and Maryland. Ohio being one of the most white trash states and Maryland of course due to throwing batteries at games. The rest I haven’t had a bad interaction with.
I enjoy posting over on the Hoosier board. It’s funny, because I actually get more respect than some of their regulars.

Reactions: IUBtown
Let's see if I can live up to your expectations - kiss my ass you jj redick luving piece of swine poop. Just like BBN - lots of hype, all the recruits - no more hardware than Nova or UVA in last 10 years.

I am not cool.

That’s fine and all, but I’ll thank you not to accuse me of loving JJ Redick.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

But of course it’s okay when Duke fans throw condoms at Veal right?

ADVERTISEMENT